Why Fans And Press Should Relax About Batman Movie Rumors

>As for a few other rumors making their way around town, it’s true that Jared Leto’s Joker has long been whispered to make an appearance in the film, as are a few other villains.

>Leto’s public remarks expressing displeasure about having his Joker scenes edited down in Suicide Squad caused quite a stir among fans and the entertainment press, but a lot of that was also being exaggerated — a video clip of Leto using an expletive about the studio, for example, was actually just a remark about whether he would really avoid certain strenuous, dangerous leisure activities in order to adhere to some strict guidelines in his Joker contract (intended to ensure he doesn’t get injured in a way limiting his ability to continue work on the DCU projects).

>The fact is, Leto gave a great performance as the Joker and is planned to return in other films, likely including The Batman, and there’s no sign any of that has changed. We will get to see much more of his full performance when Suicide Squad: Extended Cut hits home entertainment soon, too.

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/10/20/why-fans-and-press-should-relax-about-batman-movie-rumors/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0qlRq9JtyY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ylp5iKDFe10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Suicide Squad was a sloppy mess of a hang over shit, but I would still like to see Leto Joker again in the Batman movie.

But will there be a big guy?

Manganiello.

That picture makes me a little hard.

batman v supermankino will meet suicide squadkino

make it happen

whys 2face wearing armor

Read the entire article. Pretty interesting. I'm down to see more of Leto Joker and Affleck's The Batman sounds like its gonna be amazing. Love how they reworked Justice League to align with the story of The Batman. Deathstroke is gonna be an awesome villain to see on the big screen. I'm surprised they already have a script written.

On a side note, still excited to hear they really are going through with the Harley spin-off. I wonder if Leto will cameo in that as well?

>I wonder if Leto will cameo in that as well?

I fucking hope not.

>The fact is, Leto gave a great performance as the Joker

But that's the opposite of a fact

Pleb detected. Go back to worshipping Ledger somewhere else.

>If you hates Leto you must love Ledger.
Not even him, but fuck off with this false equivalence.
Ledger was a Meme performance with a few stand out moments, he was a great random hobo terrorist dude but he wasn't the joker.
Leto had a shit look designed to be edgy sexy for tweenaged girls, he was literally pointless to the film, he was hyped beyond all reason and was basically AT BEST passable with afew momenta where all ypou could do was caring in disbelief.

Ledger was a much better performed role of Hobo Terrorist.

Leto was a below average performance that looked in points to literally be a bad impersonation of previous actors who had played the Joker. He wasn't painfully iredeembale terrible, but he was not good. Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Leto was bad as joker. Plain and simple.

>but muh cut scenes

Who cares. We didnt see them. We might get to, we might not depending on directors cut bullshit.

Either way, from everything we GOT to see, Leto's joker was just a corny, edgy mobster wannabe acting crazy for the sake of being crazy.

Maybe the cut scenes might change my mind, but the studio shot themselves in the foot with all that clickbait "crazy leto on set" stories in order to try and hype the character only to have him be nothing but a glorified cameo in an otherwise forgettable movie.

If the cut scenes have more of the same shit we saw in the theatrical cut, then its just more cringey shit. I definitely do not want to see leto in Batflecks movie.

Just wait til the digital Extended Cut is released next month.
Then we'll see.

STOP DOING MORE THAN 1 VILLIAN DC YOU MORONS.

Would it be kino?

who cares? snyder isnt directing

Two villains is a narrative trick. Audiences want the villain to die at the end, but if you have a villain you don't want to kill, you need someone else to die.

Imagine Silence of the Lambs without Buffalo Bill. If Hannibal was the main villain, audiences would have been disappointed and annoyed if he lived. So we kill bill instead.
Same for Star Wars. Tarkin dies instead of Vader.
And The Dark Knight, where Two-Face dies instead of the Joker.

It lets an interesting villain exist in a genre flick intended for mass consumption. Your villain doesn't need to die at the end, you can keep him alive and use him again.

>Either way, from everything we GOT to see, Leto's joker was just a corny, edgy mobster wannabe acting crazy for the sake of being crazy.
How's that not the Golden Age Joker again?

>its only adding 10-15 more minutes of deleted scenes
>we'll never get to see Leto's full unedited performance

there's obviously a reason, the dude over acted his balls off and went way off the deep end.

you are a knower

>afleck's face be all like "what is this faggot manlet wearing?"

YES THANK GOD I so hope Leto does return

Leto is a fucking goober.

Post the full image of this picture with the rest of the cast jumping around for a photo shoot whilst Leto and Affleck are in a serious convo

holy fucking shit

Here's the full photo for those of you who haven't seen it.
I think it's a pretty funny picture due to Leto hardly being in the movie and talking to Ben while all the others are having "fun".

>serious conversation in his pink pants and green jacket/dress

affleck's like idc how you think joker should react to my batman

based leto

if this were a marvel movie premiere the women would all be taller than the marvel manlets

Why is Karen so cute?

>Batffleck, 6'4
>Joe "Deathstrokinò" Mangino, 6'5

There will be big guys, for you.

>Suicide Squad: Extended Cut
so its not technically a directors cut, right?

>shortest DCEU guy is Leto
>still taller than RDJ with his ginormous platforms
JUST

Just 13 more mins of deleted footage including the Harley motorcycle scene.

Ayer's version is locked away in a vault which the world will never see.

shows what a pushover Ayers is. i cant take him seriously after this

fug, thought I was getting the directors cut

Is no one addressing the cover art?
It honestly looks like a college pot movie cover

It sounds like WB just put all the deleted scenes together that they originally had planned for the blu ray.

At least we get some kind of extended cut so am happy

You read like an advertisement.

this isn't even good bait

I still really liked Suicide Squad but damn do I wish I could see Ayer's vision.
That is til WB came and brought it down to a PG-13 version and cutting out nearly most of Leto's Joker scenes.
Even Tom Hardy said the script changed when Will Smith got the job as Deadshot (Hardy was asked to be Rick Flag).

Ayer got screwed over and I swear what he had in mind for Suicide Squad got gutted into what we have now.
It's a shame we can't see the fucked up version Ayer wanted.
Hell Suicide Squad a movie about super villains that kill and commit felonies gets a PG-13 rating but Marvel gets Deadpool and Logan rated R movies.

Deadpool and Logan are R-rated on account of them being 20th Century Fox movies.
Although the characters are Marvel properties, Marvel Studios LLC was detached from the production of those films. They are not Marvel movies, nor are they part of the MCU.

They're not comparable to the DCEU films.

THIS IS KATANA

I would not say that they are not Marvel movies, they are not Disney movies and that I know.
It's just crazy how DC has been going for a more mature, grim take on comic characters yet Marvel lets Fox make these R rated movies but WB wants the PG-13 audience.
If WB let Ayer get away with what he wanted, he would have either been slammed in a good way or praised for how of a vision he did with the movie.

>yet Marvel lets Fox make these R rated movies

Marvel has zero say in what FOX does with the movie rights they have, and the profits they get is even more laughable, Deadpool made 700+ million right?

Marvel gets only 5% of that if that much.

>Digital extended cut

Why you dc cucks try to fix your shit with director's or extended cut

Okay that is something I didn't know.
I know there is something about Disney not getting rights about X-Men and I know it's not in the MCU.
Just didn't know Marvel themselves (Disney) didn't get a right to say what they do with their own franchise.

I cant wait to buy the steelbook

For us all, Big Guy, for us all.

>running in to fight Murderman instead of just shooting him

>hobo terrorist
Nolan definitely took a lot of inspiration from the Killing Joke with The Joker's motivation.

youtube.com/watch?v=t0qlRq9JtyY

youtube.com/watch?v=Ylp5iKDFe10

Me too. I like Gangster Joker.

Kingpin Joker is the best. Hope we see more of him.

They were trying to take him alive as their god-king commanded.

>Ultimate edition
>"wow i'm such a collector"

just wait and buy the Extended Cut™

Holy fuck they literally put people in order of marketability, not their role in the film.
I mean, they're not the only ones but it can't bode well.

Yup he looks very cool

Lel yes Jared is second on the cover

>Holy fuck they literally put people in order of marketability, not their role in the film.

What are you talking about, Deadshot takes up like 50% of the movie.

He's Deadpool dumbass

And yet Jared is second on the cover instead of Margot

I'd love to have an opinion on Leto's Joker, but they're right, he didn't have hardly any fucking screentime in Suicide Squad.

I think the writers just figured "It's the Joker, they know him and will go along with it!" When in reality Joker seems to be a villain very integral to Batman's character, so he must be introduced right.

Well he's not the former king of the summer box office but he does have an Oscar!

Jared has an oscar? Woah what role?

they had to take him alive so Superman could take his personal revenge. God ur dumb.

>Forbes is now shilling for DC
goddammit Barry

They should do a shoving' buddies tv promo for it on Fox