When will the meme that clubs from the big 4 leagues other than the ones that compete in the CL are worth shit end?

When will the meme that clubs from the big 4 leagues other than the ones that compete in the CL are worth shit end?
They aren't any better than the literally who teams that enter the group stage from the league route that everyone complains about. If you change the shitty group stage teams with lower placed big 4 teams then the quality of CL will not improve

>Southampton have a higher goal difference

What the hell do they use as the first tiebreaker in the Europa league? Head to head?

HtH is actually even used at the Euro's
It's an UEFA thing

In fairness Rostov beat Atl.Madrid and Bayern in the CL does that mean they aren't worth shit? Most teams probably can't get motivated agaisnt teams in eastern europe or in friendly tier matches and thats why the reverse fixtures are usually blowouts
Italy is just pure shit outside Juve though

Head to Head, I actually like it desu since it brings a bit more competition to the groups

>more competition to the groups
It's shit, teams don't play to develop their advantage
If the decider is goal difference then more goals are scored, as simple as that

Thats fine, if a team like Madrid loses to the top two but score 1000 goals on the bottom shitter then they don't deserve to go though

>Inter at the bottom
That's just sad

>Dat Zagreb and Midtjylland results
What were the scores in the return matches?

If they've lost there too then I would've included it in the pic

>Zagreb beat Arsenal, they can totally compete in the CL
>Apart from the fact that's their only victory in the competition in almost 20 years

You do understand that in that scenario Madrid goes forward anyway
The opposite would be the case if the shitter team scored a combined 2000 goals against the teams that won against Madrid so they would have a better goal difference and could negate their -1000 goals and Madrid's +1000 goals
They would deserve to pass in that case

What do you replace them with?
If crap like West Ham or West Brom competed in the CL too they won't do much better

If you're a 5-8th placed team in those big 4 leagues, a Europa league run can have a drastic effect on your league form. It's also difficult to win, there are a lot of solid teams past the QF stage, so you're probably not gonna win if you're Southampton for example. They obviously don't go out to lose, but it's definitely in the back of their mind.

>The reason our teams lose in international competitions is because the premier league is the real deal
>If West Ham loses to the THIRD PLACED MALTESE TEAM then it shows how little they care about the EL
>If we lose then it shows our superiority

that is legit the case though.

H2H. It's shit.

this
Germany deserves two cl spots at most

Arsenal beat Zagreb at home 3-0 and United managed to beat Midtjylland 5-1 at home.

When will Nagorno-Karabakh be returned to Armenia?

H2H >> goal difference
>hurr we beat some shit team 6-0 but lost to our direct rivals because our system's not worth shit but we have that one guy who's good at scoring
so what if it means a couple fewer goals scored, I'd rather have teams play smart and consistent.
If I just want to watch mindless goal scoring I can still watch some shit-tier leagues

>so what if it means a couple fewer goals scored, I'd rather have teams play smart and consistent.
t. Mouyes

It's already returned, it's just not reflected on the political world map
HtH assumes that the game between the two teams in question is more important than all the games against all the other teams in the group.
>hurr we lost to some shit team 0-6 that the team B easily bet, but we won in the HtH so we're better than them

>When will memes die?

Never. They're adopted and adapted by the strong to oppress the weak. Or by the jelly to put forward excuses for their jelliness. It's an eternal struggle for everyone.

Except for us madridistas ofc. Our 12 CL and superior number of Ligas allows us to disregard the necessity of memes and place us in a position of unique, condescendent objectivity about clubs, competitions and football in general.

So I condescendently agree with you my armenian friend.

Kek. Very gracious.