The Witch

This might be the worse film I ever seen with good actors and production values. I didn't even mind the old language. The whole horror stuff was so dumb it was almost silly.

Movie would of been 1000% better if it was set up that the family was blaming supernatural elements for the issues, and going mad in the woods, instead of playing saying the occult stuff was real.

the girl was cute however

bump

i thought it was boring and had to watch it on subtitles. it had a good atmosphere however

Sucked balls

Babealicious doe

I wish I didn't get spoiled by the fucking trailer showing the scene where the baby went missing. That could have genuinely been an unnerving scene but it was like the main focus of the trailer.

>watching trailers

i thought it was great all around

>Movie would of been 1000% better if it was set up that the family was blaming supernatural elements for the issues, and going mad in the woods, instead of playing saying the occult stuff was real.
So you'd rather it have a cliche ending like the vast majority of other horror movies, losing its most important themes in the process in order to appeal to your pleb sensibilities?

Someone post pic of her ass.

>the worse film

Dude this was the truest horror movie I've seen in a long time. Everything now is jumpscares and Ouija boards.

>the worse film I ever seen
fuck off cletus

The thing I hate about this film is that it has so much going for it.

Good actors
Good sets
Good costumes
using correct language for the time

If it had played it much more implied - that you do not really know if it the devil taking out this family or it just a tale of loss and madness, it would have been a much better film.

That was not her in the movie, it was a body double

This, it is unique and fresh from all the current horror movies

Awful, cliched taste. This was a very good film, not just horror flick.

That conclusion would be unoriginal and only slightly better how the movie actually went.

Then what would you have done to save the movie ?

>had to watch it on subtitles.
Is English your second language?

Great flick, loved it. Parts of it were a slow burn, but everything pushes the religious conflicts in each of the characters. And anyone who thinks the dialogue was hard to follow seriously needs to read moar.

I didn't like the movie, but the language was understandable. But I guess people do not read old books anymore.

>Movie would of been 1000% better if it was set up that the family was blaming supernatural elements for the issues, and going mad in the woods, instead of playing saying the occult stuff was real.
next time a film goes over your head, just say so and leave it at that.

I agree OP. It was really frustrating, as the audience, watching the characters fuck around and blame each other and God, when there are actual, flesh-and-blood fucking witches running around the forest, which they really never acknowledge.

If the characters aren't aware of the external threat, why should I care about them? Or the story? I was really hoping they would discover that there are indeed witches in the woods, and they would use their faith (which was previously a source of weakness) to strengthen themselves and band together to defeat them, or escape.

But no, we got the same old "Faith blinds you and makes you turn on each other" horseshit we've got from every colonial period piece for the past 30 years. Then the protagonist joins the antagonists, all conflicts are left unresolved and in conclusion no story is told. It's like a really badly-told fairytale.

tl; dr I liked it better when it was called The Crucible.

The witch smashing up the baby and rubbing it all over herself and her broom was the most unnerving scene in this movie

This post Hits the nail on the head.

I thought this movie was very good

the infant?

le wrong generation, amirite?

considering it was the only unnerving scene doesn't take much

ITT Literal retards.

"dialogue"

Majority of it is prayer, or related to

Welcome

Looks like you weren't really paying attention.

>would of

opinion discarded

very fascinating opinion OP

i watched it the other day after seeong so many threads being posted about it and becaus its spooky season. it was pretty good but they definitely tried to rip off some kubrick and p. t. Anderson vibes

It's cause he watches movies purely on the surface level. Muh exciting plot.

>would of

The movie is about paranoia. The witches are metaphorical.

Typical """psychological""" """horror""" AKA nothing happens, and people who like it feel superior for some reason.

are people on Sup Forums really this stupid?

The witches are real, but the movie is definitely about paranoia and the sort of colonial fear of the unknown endless woods

>If it had played it much more implied - that you do not really know if it the devil taking out this family or it just a tale of loss and madness, it would have been a much better film.

That's so cliche with modern movies. It's refreshing to get a straight forward story instead of those standard "engaging takes on the horror genre". Director even told me that's why he took this direction with the ending because he doesn't want people to overexamine a movie like people on messageboards do nowadays.

I'm happy I don't have to talk to plebs like you who think they're interesting by telling me about a movie theory they read about online. Movies with vague endings is an easy way for pseudo-intellectuals to act like they can figure out shit based on making fan theories.

Look at this blowhard defending a bore of a movie. Lets stop pretending it as good as the shining.

Anyone else unironically think satanism and daemons have a alluring appeal to them or did I just not grow out of my hot topic age

If you want you can believe the last few minutes are Thomasin's hallucinations and she goes into the woods with a goat to die of exposure.

Movie was pretty worthless but Thomasin was hot as fuck, would sin with.

Who gives a shit, let us dream. She's an adult irl.

Yeah it was shit, I can agree.

Felt so boring and shallow. Nothing really of interest happened.

You and I are patricians.

>had to watch it with subtitles

Man Americans are lazy they were perfectly easy to understand

or has Ebonics completely taken over in the US

DAUGHTER MINE

Yea we are so patrician bro, lets enjoy real horror movies like paranormal cracktivity 4: the marked dildos.

Yeah I kind of liked that they came right out and said there was a witch while at the same time the family basically tore itself apart on its own.

you will never buy her off her exiled dad for two goats and some maize.

>The simple creek bit where the brother sees a bit of her flesh was more erotic then half the sex scenes in 2016

Not that guy but reading old books doesn't make you pretentious nor a memester. If anything, if you can't read most of the prose of something barely a century ago, hell even Edgar Allan Poe, you may be mentally retarded or just plain fucking retarded.

I read 1984 when I was 11 years old but spanish during the same time takes me time (I am a native spanish speaker).

>tfw no thomasin gf

Yeah okay, understanding the dialog has nothing to do with someone reading or not. I liked the movie,but the accents were terrible, made even worse by the fact that most of the dialog was either mumbled or so low in the mix that it may as well have been

>or has Ebonics completely taken over in the US
They're pretty much all niggers now.

Check these too

So what do the witches do when they aren't dancing around a fire naked? Do they all have hovels in the forest? Do some go back to villages and resume living normal lives?

People where talking about how hard it was to understand, and I was expecting some King James Bible level stuff. This was no harder to follow the Poe or Dickens.

Kill yourself, you're just a fucking retard.

>This was no harder to follow the Poe or Dickens.
Sup Forums is filled with ignorant 90's born pieces of shit.

Who said it was good as the shining?

I'm just defending it's approach of straying away from the vague ending so messageboard posters like yourself can masturbate to how deep a movie is and how you can understand all the subtle meanings on your first watch.

Best example of this is the kids who think Primer is a deep movie because it requires multiple viewings because the movie struggles to make its plot understandable without help from a fan made graph.

Ok just me then I'll fuck off back to /x/ now
Make stew and huff Jenkem probably

I get your point, but just because the movie was "refreshingly" to the point and purposely not-vague, doesn't mean it was good.

It still could have been a lot better, without being vague. I was disappointed by it.

Nah. They're a cool explanation of the unknown.

Not him but I hardly understood anything the twins were saying. Was pretty deep into the movie that I realized the goat was called black phillip

>This might be the worse
stopped reading right there

Sadly this is true. I used the quote "We forge the chains we wear in life." and I had to explain to a 20 year old college student what the word "forge" meant.

I always found the lesser keys of Solomon to be interesting. I think after fucking with a ouija board back in high school and having some interesting experiences made me like the paranormal

You sound like a member of one of those focus groups used all the time nowadays needing a happy ending for everything.

>all conflicts are left unresolved
They were resolved by death.

Dubs of truth. The whole point of the movie is that the father's pride was the cause of their fall, whether it was justified or not is besides the point and so we don't see his crime. The witches are seen as a force of nature and the father is the true villain. With no people to welcome her (dead family were seen as deviant by the villagers and I doubt a girl would survive on her own in her situation) and nowhere else to go, she joins the coven.

You share a board with people who shit on Terminator 2 and Aliens, praise boring arthouse shit (not this movie cause it actually has plot and is just slower-paced) cause they're pretentious, hate on waifus, and allowed for Sup Forums to invade us. Not to mention this is Sup Forums.

Take your own advice, faggot.

>You will never show Thomasin how to live deliciously

You're the one who couldn't understand English.

>Bites lip

>YWN have a qt Puritan pure girl who will run a houshold and produce many children for you.

I can understand it, and that's the fucking point. The accents and sound mixing were so goddamn terrible that I couldn't understand half the shit without subtitles. Two completely different things, but I suppose you won't see that so long as you're hopping on the movie's nuts like the blind little bitch you are

I've had similar experiences, one of them at work refused to believe smallpox ever existed.They disgust me. If it wasn't on their facebook in the last few years they don't know about it.

It must have just been you user because I didn't have any trouble hearing it.

>hur dur we need le epic twist that it was all in their minds and THEY were the real monsters
fuck off

I'm the guy who read 1984 as a kid, I was born in 1990. People are retards regardless of age, though that may change considering all these generation y faggots are into social media and hardly read anymore. You can tell by the constant short posts, full of spelling/grammar mistakes, and void of real purpose. I edit most of my posts and discard a third of them outright cause that's how I was taught when I first lurked: if you don't contribute meaningfully you might as well not post (or shitpost WELL).

>one of them at work refused to believe smallpox ever existed
Whut?

It hasn't even been 40 years since it gone.

Jesus Christ I am going to go to bed. That just hurts my soul.

I meant gen z, I consider myself gen y.

no, the second youngest one

Seems like a lot of people pretend to like this movie because they feel as though they "get it" compared to the unwashed masses, when in reality it's a pretty simple and fairly disappointing story brought down by unnecessarily dense dialogue and a pretentious sense of doing things "differently" than cheap jump scares. Just because it's different, doesn't mean it's good.

Also because they're waifu fags and can't stand anyone bemoaning their fap-fantasy protagonist.

Single mother raised him. I tried to educate him on things but I've given up now.

prove witches don't exist

simple proposal: strap them to a chair and submerge them in water. if they escape they are witches and we burn them

was I the only one who thought the dad sold the baby to the witch for the goat? is that a theory?

>Seems like a lot of people pretend to like this movie because they feel as though they "get it"
You sound like the ultimate pleb user. Like the people who refuse to believe that some could genuinely hate tfa.

>The worse

Kys retard

Solid 5/10 movie, just a bunch of cliches and tropes of the witchhunt movie genre strung together. And the ending was fucking stupid.

Since I do not like to say bad things about a movie, I will say the lighting and blocking of shots was good for this film. Not what you expect from a "Horror" film.

I am going to bed

On the smallpox note
>if it wasn't for the Syrian civil war, Polio would have be eradicated as well. Still might get the Guinea-worm eradicated before too long.

I know 2 guys in their mid 20's who have never read a book.

ITT dumb niggers who don't know it's based on real folklore

I can easily believe some people genuinely hate TFA.

What's your point?

All the information in the world a click away, and can't be arsed to find it.

I usually exaggerate when I say holocaust deniers will deny 9/11 in the future, but fuck, this makes it plausible and worse, not just those faggots but regular people. Regular people will one day deny shit I saw myself on tv.

It's never been easier to educate yourself on anything you want but you choose to be ignorant. Kill yourself.

I met a kid who was 16 who insisted that people really didn't die on 9/11. And why should be care about fucking buildings.

Almost punched the fucker.