What is THE definitive pink floyd song...

What is THE definitive pink floyd song? I just started listening to them recently when I smoke pot and it's like an orgasm to my ears. I'm really digging Time right now but is that their best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I7ijRW_k9r4
youtube.com/watch?v=HHVDbmgtbbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aHNQCdWOfdM
youtube.com/watch?v=UchHcUFJkoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p89kAp4rzBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Breathe

Fat Old Sun

Astronomy Domine

Time is great to listen to when on Molly. Just something about it makes me cum like I got fucked by a trap while she jerked me off

Echoes and Comfortably Numb are the two, greatest Pink Floyd tracks. Everybody knows that.

try the wall album personal favs are
in the flesh, run like hell and waiting for the worms

This

good lord that was so good. my headphones aren't fantastic but hearing that pounding drum at the beginning in both ears was amazing.

Good song, crazy that all these songs that aren't played on the radio are still so good

I don't think I'm high enough for this song yet. brb

Shine on you Crazy diamond, all parts

Marooned, Have a Cigar, Pigs (Three Different Ones), Dogs, I could go on forever...

Take some lsd and watch The Wall. also listen to echoes live at Pompeii

Technically two but might as well be one, empty spaces/young lust

The best Pink Floyd songs are:
Pigs (Three Different Ones), Mother, Goodbye Blue Sky, Pigs On The Wing, and Comfortably Numb.

Wish you were here. Song and album.

Echoes - 23 minutes of leaving reality. Wear headphones for max effect.

youtu.be/I7ijRW_k9r4
My favorite version of this song.

>THE definitive pink floyd song

Money. Everyone knows the song Money. Its good. Everyone has a favorite. For me, it's "Us and Them." Dark side is a Solid album. Wish you were here is also good. But Animals, The Wall and I am even partial to the Division Bell after Roger left. Roger was a twit, still is. But hes part of the story so I gotta accept him.

Best of luck on finding yours.

My personal favorites are Welcome To The Machine and Marooned. They're not as popular as say Comfortably Numb or Another Brick in The Wall but they're still god tier

This

While smoking pot, Echoes and Atom Heart Mother.

This. Song is top tier.Whole album is next level.

Listen to Meddle. The whole thing. Just go for it.

High hopes

Agreed, user.

interstellar overdrive

if

athm

living on a prayer obviously everyone knows that song

I spun this album the first time I tripped on yopo.
Ended up making my pillow all soggy bawling my eyes out.
Yopo is some intense shit. Don't ask me why how or why I did it.

Just listen to the Wall all the way through. Listening to it sober is like an orgasm to the ears and stoned its amazing.

Wish you were here

Best version of Young Lust
youtube.com/watch?v=HHVDbmgtbbQ
You're welcome Sup Forums

Smells like teen spirit

Sheep.

Or Dogs.

Or maybe it was Pigs

But really the entire album "ANIMALS" is top tier.

Brain Damage/Eclipse

BBC Live Session DSOTM has a fantastic version of Echoes.

I only dabbled in floyd and drugs once, need to again soon. My dad introduced me to floyd. Wish you were here was his song, played at his funeral when he passed. I ball my eyes out most time listening too it too user. Absolutely love PF.

the jimmy plant accordion solo in "girl you know it's true" is what always works at weddings and funerals.

dark side of the moon is pretty much 2 long songs.
And Wish you were here is one long song.
So i mean either one of those 2 are great "songs" so... Enjoy.
Plus i feel like when you listen to pink floyd (or any music) you should listen to the whole album in one go.

EVERYONE THAT DIDNT SAY INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE IS WRONGa

youtube.com/watch?v=aHNQCdWOfdM

Do yourself a favor and listen to Fearless its my favorite of theirs.

I just recently finally learned how to play the intro riff to WYWH. It's deceptively simple. I love it though. First song I ever played at an open mike :)
Also the most cliche PF song on Earth, no offence to your pap.

Top tier Floyd is top tier
>P.U.L.S.E.

Comfortably Numb mane. Their most definitive song IMO. All of their shit is good though, so you should listen to all of it. Even the Syd Barrett stuff.

Entire Meddle album is God-tier

Echoes from Live at Pompeii
youtube.com/watch?v=UchHcUFJkoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p89kAp4rzBE

All of Live at Pompeii is fucking awesome, but both parts of Echoes is easily my favourite thing by Pink Floyd I've ever heard

And did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a leading role in a cage?

I love: shine on you crazy diamond, great gig in the sky, comfortably numb, another brick in the wall, hey you, wish you were here, welcome to the machine.

Definitely agree it's one of the most cliche. Still a great song though.
Was one of the first songs I learnt on guitar too! Gilmour is a god.

Yeah, man there was something especially trippy about this particular 30 minutes of Floyd. It just had this weird energy to it. They were also probably psyched as fuck while they were playing. Gilmour's look of intense concentration...

How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here

My favorite is High Hopes from The Division Bell.
Just a beautiful song that really wraps up everything that was PF.

Pigs (three different ones)

Animals is essential Pink Floyd, when it was made the band was at their best.

Recently learned Time all the way through. Excellent guitar solo. His solos are apex. Only Alex Lifeson exceeds his talent in the nu-jazz prog school. Just proves you don't have to play 300 notes per minute to sound like a virtuoso.
Only guitarist I can think of that can just take you away on a pillow of winds.

First found this song on mushrooms and it was the greatest sounding thing ever.

wrong verse

Agreed

San Tropez for me.

Marooned

Totally agree, I'd take a Gilmour solo over a 300 notes per minute solo any day.
Going to see Roger Waters Live in Feburary next year actually.
Won't be the same without Gilmour feel in the solos but I'm still excited none the less!

Here's a thought:
just pick a Floyd album, pack a bowl, turn the lights down low, light some incense, sit back, queue it up, and let the smoke fill the room.
No matter what you pick you won't be disappointed, but I strongly recommend Meddle.

It's the Echorec sound, makes Gilmour's guitar sound cosmically fucking massive. That, and they've had some time to jam on that song by then as well, Nick Mason goes hard on his kit too, I love the part where they show him in the middle of the guitar solo when he does the stick flip

nobody posted careful with that axe eugene? nani?!

A little too esoteric for a beginner Floydian.

Dogs