Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left...

>Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED? We've never seen this version of Gotham before.

God this dialogue sucks so much and rings of typical Goyer "Tell, don't show".

SHOW

DON'T

TELL

Anyone that defends BvS is an idiot.

>twenty years in Gotham Alfred, and I still mindlessly murder goons yet leave people like The Joker and Killer Croc alive
>I'm a good superhero

Get ready for the DCU cocksuckers, OP

I hate the entire DCEU

>I can't proceed language and can only use my eyes

> I don't have good taste and take people disliking what I like as a personal insult.

He's saying that "good guys" have either been killed (Robin) or corrupted and broken to the point where they abandoned what they once stood for (Dent

>and broken to the point where they abandoned what they once stood for (Dent)

Reminder that BvS doesn't take place in the Nolan universe

Not but he's only refuting your criticism, true he does it by attacking you but still

Literally agreed OP.

Harvey Dent is not a Nolan original creation.

so dent didnt become a villain in any other verse is what you are saying?

>How many good guys are left?

Don't worry Massa Wayne we only need 20 good men

>WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED?

Himself. You haven't noticed how Batman is intentionally murdering people left and right without hesitation?

Unless it's an established fact in the cinematic universe, it has no actual bearing

For all we know Harvey Dent was a good senator and never became Two-Face

Wasn't shown or established so he never existed.

That's more because Snyder thinks Batman is a pussy for not killing people and wants everything to be Watchmen/Dark Knight Returns.

>WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED?

They're alluding to something in his backstory that we don't know about.

Maybe he's Billy Dee Williams in this universe.

You don't say

But they did show. It's referring to the Robin suit and robin is the one that didn't stay that way

D*mn.... truly gripping stuff....

Because he's dead or The Joker now?

yes

>Batman movie
>can murder as many people in cold blood as he wants, including Superman the paragon of good
>Villain movie
>suicide squad of bad guys are only allowed to fight cgi blobs for fear of becoming unlikable

CUT MY CINEMATIC UNIVERSE TO PIECES

Reminder that it doesn't have to for Dent to become Two Face.

Were you pissed when Gandalf referenced the Sacred Flame of Arnor without a flashback or a previous movie establishing Arnor as Middle Earth's sun, its flame being sacred and Gandalf's epic sidequest to become its wielder?

In short, stay pleb.

Okay so basically Batman's whole schtick in BvS is that Robin died and Bruce lost all hope, so he's going nuclear on everyone.

This is supposed to help Snyder and Co's message that good-hearted comic book characters all suffer the loss of hope eventually in this fear-filled post-9/11 world of paranoia. Superman's big arc in the film is also entirely around him losing Hope, his defining trait.

And finally it helps the construction of Superman as a symbol of hope as he restores it back to the world in his sacrifice, because even if the world does it's best, he isn't fully and truly losing his hope, he is Superman after all.

The problem is that Snyder and Co thought they were goddamn Kubrick or some shit and were doing high art so they didn't make space to explain that shit clearly to the audience, so everyone is lost and confused over what is a really simple story and character development.