Lost my pupper today to bloat. She died in her sleep at the foot of my bed...

Lost my pupper today to bloat. She died in her sleep at the foot of my bed, and I could do nothing to help her or ease her pain. I've Had St Bernards all my life, and Maddie was the first one I truly bonded with.

Make me smile, Sup Forumsros. Or make me rage, or cringe, basically anything at all. I just wanna feel something.

1080p Ameribro posting.

Still high from my Xmas gifts: Merell tactical 3/4 length boots, 3box 5.56 cartridges, refurbished Lee-Enfield. Lost my pupper, but gained some new toys.

RIP good pup.I don't know what I would do without my puppers. Sorry for your loss, bro.

Rest well good pupper, atleast she had you user, i'm sure she's happy wherever she is

Had a st Bernard when I was about 16. She was a replacement pup for the dog we had since I was born.

Somehow she ended up getting hot spots over her hips and spine, thinking a fracture or something like that got infected. Didn't notice until it was too late because all the fur, just saw maggots.

I shaved her down and it looked like those fucking lotus pod photoshops across her hole back.

Vet said it was a rediculous price per pound, can't remember but it was over 1000 to cremate her after putting her down

Had to drag her into a lawn mower trailer cart thing, mom's bawling, only thing I have is a .22 LR.

My friend came over and we rode out into the next field, away from where anyone could here or see.

Gave pupper a few belly rubs, kisses, grabbed her by the chin and shot her in the fourhead.... I never told my mother but it took 4 shots to kill her. I knew the .22 wasn't enough, just glad I brought a box of ammo with me.

Had to dig her grave in frozen earth.

The things we go through to stop suffering, just makes more suffering.

That's a tragic tale, sorry m8. I've personally had to put rounds into a goat, but all the other euthanized pets I've been with at their ends were injected. I can't imagine how hard that was. But you mustn't forget that once a dog imprints onto your life, it won't ever bear ill-will or malice toward you, no matter what, even into its last moments. Your Saint probably lived its last moments thankful that you were with her.

What's so tragic is how St Bernards seem to suffer suck ill-health. I've owned 6 now, and all have developed various illnesses, bone deformities, cancers, allergies. I think the sad reality is the modern St Bernard has been bred for so long with myopic goals of size/coloration/coat style that they're genetically time-bombs. My Saint died from bloat, which is an internal organ crisis common among Saints and nigh-untreatable.

Preciate yall. Respect.

Was my main point I suppose is that they are obsurdly prone to health issues especially bone and hip shit.

She was a real chill dog and loved her like anyone else in the family.

But when it came down too it, I knew I had to take her out. We couldn't afford to out her down and I wouldn't have my mother or sister do it.

Me and my girlfriend move in a year, looking into a husky or a bluebay sheppard. Can't have pets where we are now.

youll see her in doggy heaven.

Or thats what'd I'd like to believe.

Would be nice.

Sorry about Maddie OP

I hear the best cartridge for euthanasia is 9x19mm at 1/2in distance from the temple. It's futile now, I know, but I learned from helping a sick goat pass on that .44mag is too excessive.

I'd recommend a rescue, honestly, and a mix-breed rescue ideally. Mix-breeds have much less health issues, and of my current puppers (Catahoula, Husky/Lab, Jack Russell/Rottweiler) the mixed breeds are far more healthy. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love huskies. Just a tad too pricey, and often sold by unscrupulous breeders due to their popularity.

I actually believe animals are blessed with the lack of a soul, as they never face judgment for evils or rewards for goodness like humans do. They are free from self-awareness, free to live according to primal natures.

Thanks m8. Top keks on the pic.

That is not a dog. That is a man in a dog-suit.

Jesus Christ, white people and their dogs, smh...

Gr8 post m8, r8 8/8.

Maddie's probably wrestling Kimbo Slice in Heaven rn.

Fun fact, St Bernards don't like black men or hispanic men. They can smell their fear of canines.

Good to know.

if youre not a vegan then BOO HOOOOO.

non vegan dog owner cry babies can fuck. right. off.

>vegan
>St Bernard

I can't imagine a vegan St Bernard owner wrestling their pup without dislocating a shoulder.

I eat meat, and so do all my pups. As nature intended.

>nature

the unbridled irony. amazing.

so youre equating your own intelligence and ability to comprehend consequences that of a dog?

>She died in her sleep

Bullshit buddy, during the bloat their stomaches are literally twisting. They in extreme pain, typically shitting and foaming as their insides twist them to the most painful death imaginable.

I'm really sorry about the passing of your dog. Even though she passed away, she passed away in the presence of her loving and kind owner. Not only that, but she felt protected, and safe, as she was with her owner, that she has loved and adored ever since you brought her into your life.

Hopefully this .webm can bring you some sort of peace, as that is what you will need the most, as grieving is a normal human emotion, and should serve as a consolidation, that will force you to remember all of the positive memories, as that is what you both shared together. Not only was your dogs life improved by your constant amount of love and companionship, but your life was also improved by having her as your best friend.

My favorite quote from a book you would probably love, The Art Of Racing In The Rain, “In Mongolia, when a dog dies, he is buried high in the hills so people cannot walk on his grave. The dog’s master whispers into the dog’s ear his wishes that the dog will return as a man in his next life. Then his tail is cut off and put beneath his head, and a piece of meat or fat is placed in his mouth to sustain his soul on its journey; before he is reincarnated, the dog’s soul is freed to travel the land, to run across the high desert plains for as long as it would like."

Spend a few months working any form of livestock farm, you'll understand.

The initial pain is apparent, but the death is from internal bleeding. If they sleep through the initial twist, they die in their sleep from blood loss.

Not entirely true. Adrenalin will counteract that feeling from the enormous amount of pain beginning at onset, to one of delirium, which alleviates most of the pain that they would have been feeling otherwise.

Here's another .webm showing the good nature of doggos.

Lovely how people feel better about his shitty lifes trying to make others a bit worse :)

Appreciate it, m8. I'm finding some needed solace with my cat Nephilim. Nothing like a 15lb black cat, who thinks he's a 80lb terrier, to soothe you with nudges and cuddles.

Bullshit, tell yourselves whatever you want to if it makes you feel better. This doggo just suffered one of most traumatic deaths possible.

I loved cujo :/

Just lost my boy a few weeks ago, first pet I ever had that wasn't just a family pet, but MY pet.

he went on the floor in my office on his bed right next to where I'm typing this, where he always hung out for years by my side like a proper companion

The pain is real, and I'm sorry for you. I hope it gets better for both of us, and anyone else it happens to

>Spend a few months working any form of livestock farm, you'll understand

What the fuck does that even mean you dumb cunt? All you retards say the same exact shit when confronted with veganism. It's makes you so uncomfortable that you spew incoherent shit. Never fails.

>RIP in peace Maddie

FFFFFFFFFF
F
F
FFFFF
F
F
F

Dying in sleep is a luxury few animals are afforded.

But I can honestly say the most traumatic death I've seen any animal suffer was my first cat Patton, who was eviscerated by a rabid dog and bled out from the neck and back; he twitched for an hour while I held his head in my hand.

Like I somehow don't know what happens on a fucking farm? as if that makes any fucking difference to my stance on forced animal servitude?

>Hurr Durr

A simple surgery could have easily prevented Bloating if the owner gave a fuck when he got the doggo.

T. Large Breed Owner

>DeafAnon

You don't sleep while your insides are being twisted to the point of death.

This actually made me tear up. We put down my pupper two months ago before his birthday. We got him when I was in kindergarten and now I'm in college. I remember my parents talking about putting him down because he was in pain from a few things. This was about a month before it happened when I was in town. I said goodbye in case I didn't see him again. I managed to catch a ride back home a couple weeks later. I only stayed a day and we were in a rush to get back to college. I said a quick goodbye and figured that I'd be able to see my pupper again... I never did. Not saying a proper goodbye has eaten away at me ever since we had to put him down. So many memories and fun times with that doggo. May he and every other beloved pet rest in peace.

next time, choke him till he passes in about 15 seconds. instead of letting him suffer a painful slow death for an hour you fucking autist.

I don't think my post was at all incoherent. No need to spew vitriol. The balance of farm life is a good method for gaining perspective on livestock and animal life, as well as human use of their lives for sustenance or utility. I encourage anyone who eats animal meat to experience hunting an animal or slaughtering livestock, as it is a sad process but an ageless, necessary one, and imparts a unique wisdom nothing else can give you.

I think God gave us the entire Earth and any/all organisms to hold dominion over, plants and animals and psychedelic mushrooms and mineral compounds alike. No need to live a life forsaking some Earthly organism as a moral statement, although I hold no ill-will toward any human's personal decisions on their lifestyle. I never eat shellfish, but I don't differentiate myself by this decision, or attain some beneficial existence by doing so; just as a vegan is free to live by their codes, yet should never harbor any ideas of transcendent superiority.

has nothing to do with tipping, it would kill me inside im sure but ending its pain in about 20 seconds vs letting it suffer for an hour is ridiculous. Whatever makes you feel better about about letting your cat suffer fag

Here ya go

no no
noo
nononono
NO
fuck off!

I'm, not that poster. I tipped you because I thought after all the other eat shit posters here that your comment was well played.

But now I'm beginning to think I gave you to much credit.

False. Shock applies to dogs, as it applies to humans. Dog was in shock, and did die the horrible traumatic death you wanted it to. It sucks beings wrong doesn't it?

well then i stand corrected and do apologize for my transgression, *tips*

Shock isn't instant asshole

What gives you the fucking right to take the life/byproducts of another sentient being?

because im human.

Then I guess she'd already been bleeding, and took it like a true champ. I'd expect no less from my gal.

I've already had her exam done by the traveling vet, and her final verdict was death by bloat leading to internal blood loss; she emphasized that the only way Maddie could've been saved was immediate ER surgery, and that's not possible at Midnight on a farm 2hrs from the nearest vet.

But if you wanna think she suffered, you're free to believe that. She won't be offended, seeing as she's just a dog, and also dead.

They can stick the stomach as pups to prevent bloat later on.

1. That doesnt answer the question.

2. You're an animal. Just like livestock.

1. I am a human. That's it. I take it.
2.yes, i am an animal. A Superior animal. Welcome to life faggot.

Bro, aren't you getting married soon? You should be happy about THAT!

>opposable thumbs

Divinity of the human.

The same gifts that propel us to cure malaria, to travel beyond Earth into space, to take a pen and compose Die Ring Des Nibelungen, also give us the double-edged task of animal husbandry: To raise and feed and care for animals with respect, and to harvest their meat/fur/wool/milk to feed our families and strengthen our minds&bodies with these food sources which scientists agree were the catalysts for our ancestors' cortical expansion that gave us the sapient human mind capable of so many wonders.

Only if i can put your dog with some shit like reply to this post or your mother will get banged by big dick dog monsters and his gang.

No, it doesn't. And no, you aren't superior by any means.

Had to put down my first and only dog 22nd of this month. She wouldve been 15yo in february. Broke my heart.

Ive been carrying her collar on my wrist. Might be and look stupid but feels right.

Yes it does, and yes i am.

Is this all you got?

I can wipe my own ass

A gorilla has opposable thumbs. I guess that means it should lock you in a cage for your entire life and tear you apart with those thumbs when it gets hungry.

>is that all you got?

Yet all you've done is cite your species. The irony!!

feels this way bro i lost my dalmation that ive had for 24 years about 2 weeks ago

>feelsbadman

>doesgeteasiertho

it rubs lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again

Im not the one trying to prove something. The irony!!
I am a superior creature the uses lesser creature to further myself. End of story.

Now go write a blog post about how mean non-vegans are >:(

mean for my bad :^)

why would i do that? its too much fun provoking you to insult your own intelligence.

>i eat meat because!!

If an entire animal species spent years and large amounts of their resources and focus on developing their own medical treatments that could help humans cure some disease, I'd be inclined to agree. But only mankind feels the irrational urge to do so. We cure animals, knowing full-well animals can never return the gift. Animals lack the consciousness & brain-size to analyze the long-term benefits that we can easily discern.

I never said it was instant. The other user completely blew off everything I had said prior, so I had to reiterate to him that he was in fact wrong.

calm down with those shaky hands. its just vegansim :^)

Hey, don't insult Daykwon like that. He'd never tear you apart after a botched carjacking, he'd be a gentleman and shoot you.

He's a good boy, he dindu nuffin.

>Animals lack the consciousness

oh boy. im arguing with real geniuses here.

ah, you got me! Your vast superior intelligence has won you the day friend! You have provoked me greatly, i am pissing myself in anger! Arrgh! you got me friend! You are too smart :(

Dogs are truly unique animals in that they innately bond with human masters as if by genetic imprimatur.

Whenever I question the design of the universe and lament its shoddy existential inadequacies, I remember that canines exist, and they're so perfectly suited to man's life of struggle that only a wise creator could devise such a creature.

the word human is a scientifc classification for your species, not a designation of superiority over others, dipshit. that why it isn't an answer to my question, which you still have not answered.

I'm sure doggo's in a better place OP.

Ah! You are using big words, my vastly inferior brain can not comprehend! Ahh! You have truly won! Your intelligent mind has trapped my feeble brain. :(

oh thats right, your answer is "because i said so!" like the typical threatened manlet. pathetic.

>big words

L O L

yes , big words. I am not of highest smarts to comprehend your words friendo. :(

Can an animal pray to a God and find peace in hardship through transcendent faith?

Can an animal ignore a painful stimulus with proper willpower and mastery of their mental state?

Can an animal forsake their own existence for another being that isn't their direct offspring, and can an animal bravely face death or harm to achieve a figurative goal?

No. But we can. And so we are their masters. Not their dictators, not their equals. Masters. Just as responsible for their well-being as for their proper harvesting.

shouldn't have started with that with that first sentence. im out.

I'll pray for your days to be blessed.

You should. It's a safe and feel-good image.

doesn't matter.

doesn't matter.

doesn't matter.

>And so we are their masters

well what if i say im your master? youre a sentient being and obviously of less intelligence and if i say it, it must be true. just using your own arguments. get over here and suck this vegan cock, bitch.

ah yes, master im so sorry! Your superior intelligence haunts me now, have mercy!

Just a thought:

When a man says to himself "There is no God", he believes he has freed his existence from deceptive shackles, from control by ersatz deities. But he has merely detached his tether from the dock, and the freedom he feels as he drifts away will inevitably turn to fear as the dock slowly fades from view.

its a puppy laying down with a baby

I’m sorry :(

If said gorilla had a reason and the resources to do it I don’t doubt for a second that he would.

you can see it crying...

You cannot be my master. Human dominion over other humans is innately immoral, just as government is built on the immoral foundation of a desire for collectivized will. Humans have masters only if they fall into subjugation through force, through deception, or through willful servitude.

My arguments don't come from a scholastic viewpoint, but rather a philosophical one. If your sarcasm is a tool to mask your inner conflicted thoughts as I assume, I encourage you to read Marcus Aurelius. I think you'd be intrigued.

Come and make me, soyboy

Thanks m8. Thread's kinda devolved now, but I appreciate the vibes. Here's a nude of my ex as a thank-ya.

Libertarians sick my dick.