youtube.com/watch?v=HvV2JY8kbgI
youtube.com/watch?v=6vNJWeIQn3o
youtube.com/watch?v=P1sz3oxgDH0
youtube.com/watch?v=2pRQvEJ2ti8
youtube.com/watch?v=sBp7RybcrHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qffCO1b-7Js
youtube.com/watch?v=mNiqpBNE9ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who knew we were in a "late night" golden age 10 years ago.

>no more Stewart and Colbert back to back

JFMSUF

Craig was the last good late night TV host tbqh

Kimmel is good.

Kimmel is tolerable.

evaporating smugness

the left is so miserable and depressed right now because they are forcing themselves into this left-right paradigm. They need to just accept MAGA and go back to entertaining.

can you fucking believe that when trump announced as a candidate stewart was still there to make fun of it?

it feels like he's been gone 10 years

Stephen Colbert has morphed from a guy who was attacking the status quo to a guy who's slobbering over the feet of the status quo. At a certain point, that level of obsequiousness stops being funny and starts being repulsive.

Kimmel convert here. I couldn't take another night of Fallon's obsequious bullshit, and as much as I wanted to see Colbert succeed, it's obvious he's on a sinking ship.

All that aside, Kimmel is a good balance of likeable and snarky, seems genuine enough, and his skits aren't too grating. So that's that, Mattress Man.

People became uninterested in his nightshow once they found out he wasn't going to keep doing his character. His character on the Colbert Report is what made him popular.

This. When I heard it would just be him I was wondering if he could overhaul his shtick enough to make it work, turns out he couldn't.

where the fuck did colbert's wit go? you can do satire without roleplay you know

goddam why does everything good have to end

He's just as much of a self-righteous political blowhard in real life, but without the self-awareness his old character had it's nowhere near as funny.

>caring about talk shows

Only highlights on youtube are worth watching. Same as sports.

his shtick was republican turned up to 11, the republicans, especially trump, went well past 100 on the dial.

he couldn't do the bit anymore, the real world long surpassed the parody

At least he's still better than Seth "I'm Unironically Telling You To Vote For Hillary" Meyers.

Sadly, this is true. I'm old enough to remember when Carson was virtually the only game in town, aside from Dick Cavett. Later, when Letterman hit his stride in the 80s, there was an irreverence and breaking of the rules that was refreshing and hilarious. And when Conan came along in the 90s and kept the wit coming, late night was still required viewing for me.

But then everyone had to put their skin in the game. Leno stunk up the joint with his Grandma-appropriate shit and Letterman was too bitter and jaded after getting burned by NBC. Conan was still putting out good stuff, but once he was shooed into the Tonight Show slot, the whole thing came crashing down. It's never been the same since.

Now everyone is adhering to the same tired formula and, personalities aside, they're all practically interchangeable. Sad.

>all this talk about who is good and no one mentions Conan

He's the last one you know. After he retires late night is officially dead and not what it uses to be.

If everyone likes the character so much why doesn't he bring it back?
CC owns the character?

late night TV has been shit for like 30 years

It basically exists as something to throw on for background noise when you bang, then watch for like 10 minutes after you're done and before you go to sleep

>Carson hanging out with his comedian buddies
>Cavett dedicating entire hours of American television to interviewing art film directors like Godard and Bergman
>Letterman bringing on Andy Kaufman to do his thing
How do you go from that to Jimmy Fallon interviewing YouTube """""Celebrities"""""?

It's depressing what Colbert did to The Late Show.

Daily reminder that this fat fuck is hosting Craig's old show.

Late night is a relic of the past. A way to connect you to celebrities. We don't need that now that we have social media and YouTube

>tries to do a traditional show
>Fails
>Turns late night into fuck Republicans the show

It's sad. I mean Letterman was clearly a liberal but that never ever dominated the show like it does now.

Leno could be edgier, but that's not what NBC hired him to do. They were genuinely concerned that Dave would kill the goose that laid the golden egg, and instead took the safe route. Of course they could never have predicted the fiasco that ensued.

>colbert lost his bite and wit
>conan was godly on Late Night but got worse with every new show

Why do late night host get worse when they move? Supposedly they take most of their staff with them.

dude the country has been split between left and right for a long time. the bush gore election was bitter as fuck, and they always revolve around social politics. it's just that the far right never openly expressed their social positions before, it was hidden behind vague phrases like "take our country back".

he had to have known this was going to happen. Comedy central is one thing, he can be as vulgar or politically incorrect (as far as political satire goes) on there all he wants. Now he's in the big leagues and that means playing it safe and obeying the rules, which neuters him. But he gets a bigger paycheck and a bigger name for himself so I doubt he cares

>americans will never know graham nortons superior style

>background noise when you bang

fucking kek. sure kid.

These white men trying to appeal to liberals won't work.They don't realize that they are trying to play for a team that will never except them and they never realize it until it's to late and there'd career is ruined

this guy is fucking insufferable. at least other comedians constantly call him fat and he gets all flustered over it

Nope has nothing to do with the right it's all about the internet making the ease of spreading ideas much simpler. The internet doomed western society now that every shithead like Laci Green and Shaen King can undermine millions and create contempt.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

>that time Patrick Stewart started insulting him for no reason

youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90

Conan is pretty good doing skits. His interviews are shit and that goes for the whole bunch of them.

he's a cunt who thinks he's funny

>If you fancy the Jonas Brothers, cover your belly.

Literally what the fuck did he mean by this?

I hate that fat fuck so much, good to see Patrick blow him the fuck out

This.

>"Chlamydia, your dad is here!"

late night shit has never ever been good you fags

It's a fucking election year, what is he gonna make fun of, the weather?

Conan's fall is almost heartbreaking. His Late Night game just seemed to get better and better. Then he got greedy and pressured NBC into giving him the Tonight Show gig, and we all know what happened next.

The sad part is how predictable it was. The Tonight Show was NBC's late night crown jewel, and there was no way they were gonna let Conan have the stream-of-consciousness free reign he'd enjoyed at Late Night. Conan tried to have it both ways, smoothing his edges a bit while trying to retain some Late Night flavor, but that approach was doomed.

That humiliation of that failure broke him, as far as I'm concerned. Once he picked up the pieces and started over at TBS, he'd learned the wrong lessons and started phoning it in. The skits became predictable, the monologue was nothing special, and the interviews lacked spontaneity. Everything's now paint-by-numbers. If he had any courage left, he'd stop with the pre-planned interview questions and just let the wind take him and the guests wherever it leads.

Go ahead and watch some of the old Dick Cavett clips on YouTube. He'd have guests on and just ask them whatever. He never feared losing control of the interview like Conan and Company clearly do--in fact, I think he recognized that the truly memorable moments arise when a conversation takes on a life of its own. Couple that with the fact that the guests would stick around after their "turn" and mingle with the subsequent guests and you had some incredible results. Like Janis Joplin and Gloria Swanson chatting over stuff--two icons from two totally different eras, yet they're sitting there talking about whatever. Could you imagine that happening nowadays?

>Stephen "Colbert"
>has spoken before congress
> KILLED bush at the white house correspondence dinner
>has space equipment named after him
>joined the olympics
>could have any political guest and get through the interview without getting boo'd
>etc

Does he regret leaving?

Seth is the worst comedian I've ever seen. Look at this ugly fucking smile. He flashes it after every goddamn joke.

I watch Fallon because I'm waiting for the day that the booze and the cocaine and the lack of discipline will come together in some sort of display even more humiliating than breaking a finger twice drunk.

Every time he calls a movie, band, song, actor or anything else his 'favorite' or that he loves it, I drink. Literally every episode he calls something his favorite.

I also like the Root's and I feel like a normie for it.

He has to. He has to let the audience know the joke was supposed to be funny.

Conan during the writers strike is still GOAT

It's not what he's making fun of but how he's making fun of it. Carson, Leno and Fallon mocked both sides pretty evenly. Letterman had a liberal bend but didn't beat you over the head with it. Colbert, Meyers, Noah, Oliver, Sam Bee and (until recently) Larry Whilmore do the same preachy liberal shit. The market isn't big enough for that many shows to be doing the same shit, it's no surprise that one of them already got cancelled and Colbert and Noah are struggling.

winging it with the guests is a great way to have both tv and movie studios stop sending celebrities to your show. They're only there to plug a product, and the host knows it.

He looks like a psychopath.

Conan should've stuck with NBC or negotiated to keep his bits at least. Then do his show in New York but he's to much of a traditionalist blowhard he needed to film where Carson was. TBS was the best he could do? What an idiot.

This was the most preachy, least funny segment I've ever watched.

youtube.com/watch?v=HvV2JY8kbgI

>Couple that with the fact that the guests would stick around after their "turn" and mingle with the subsequent guests and you had some incredible results. Like Janis Joplin and Gloria Swanson chatting over stuff--two icons from two totally different eras, yet they're sitting there talking about whatever. Could you imagine that happening nowadays

Isnt that literally all UK talkshows?

Bernie is the same as Trump now, a loser.

>Psychotic grin in thumbnail
Truly terrifying.

Who could've figured Craigs censor would become a star in a well liked tv show
youtube.com/watch?v=6vNJWeIQn3o

>Last night, Donald Trump said something else I disagree with.
>*plays three second clip of Donald Trump*
>*audience laughs*
>That's like saying Game of Thrones is replacing Snapchat.
>*audience doesn't think his joke his funny*
>*seth smiles his stupid grin*
>*audience applauds for his political views*
>By the way, Donald has small hands.
>*audience goes wild*

Every night.

I attempted to watch his show once, probably the worst late night show I've ever seen.

It made the George Lopez show seem like A+ material in comparison

Does he have any content not based around Trump? That's all I see from him.

Even if him and his audience despise Trump, it must get old.

>I also like the Root's and I feel like a normie for it.
dont feel bad

shows likely free to attend plus new crowds

Even then as shown by Larry Wilmore, repeating the same shit night after night for months on end does hit the ratings like a sack of bricks

I actually don't think so. I've never seen anything from his show that didn't involve talking about Trump in some way, besides his interviews. He was interviewing Bernie the same night Jimmy talked to Trump.

The only people watching broadcast television are retarded and/or old people in permanent care facilities.

It's happening because the last thing people want to do before they go to bed is listen to some obnoxious moron spew his political opinions.
Not hard to figure out.

For a time, this godawful show was getting better ratings than Colbert was at CBS.

Probably just because he follows Fallon.

They are not a good band for this format. They are weak on the theory aspect of music.

It a big problem thats gotten out of control all throughout hollywood, they're trying to inject messages and preach to the masses what they should think and do.

They masses get enough of that shit in their regular day to day lives and just want to be entertained, not preached to some more.

Its fine and dandy for an actor/actress to say they're voting this way or that way.
Its something totally different when mass congregations of the rich and famous preach nonstop about who they're voting for and why the competition is worse than the super devil

Youtube e-celebs are unironically replacing late night talk show personas.

this is exactly 100% right

late night talk show personas are effectively becoming youtube e-celebs

That too.

His face is classic "untalented-but-sufficiently-moneyed New York Jew"

>Turns late night into fuck Republicans the show

I know right, what's the point of doing topical jokes in a Late show?

I remember on SNL his schtick on that fake news show was just going 'REALLY?' in that pompous rich liberal way

I just thank god everyday that ducking Chelsea Handler was shitcanned.

Now she's doing it on Netflix, she ain't gone.

OP = AMERICA ONLINE

WUNDERBAR ALLES KLAR

>Then he got greedy and pressured NBC into giving him the Tonight Show gig

Stopped reading here.

Everyone including NBC knew Leno was getting bland for the Tonight Show which is why NBC acted in advance to give Conan a natural promotion. However, no one anticipated that Leno would still be doing well during his twilight years. This forced NBC to act like idiots which in turn forced Conan to make a stand against the suits for not sticking to the contract written for him years ago.

Can't call a man greedy if he's fighting for what's legally his. Leno was greedy for wanting to overstay his welcome to the point where he made NBC give him a rebranded Tonight Show formula despite it tanking ratings for NBC's other late night shows which were finding its footing with new hosts/time slots.

Leno should have accepted the fact he could have left on good terms with good ratings. Instead he fought to remain NBC's cashcow which backfired for NBC.

Fortunately for NBC, Lorne saw a way to expand his influence on the struggling network by transforming the Tonight Show into a celeb variety show meant for YouTube with a yes man in Fallon. Successful formula which saved NBC's late night run.

>I also like the Root's and I feel like a normie for it

The Roots are too good to be a house band for a late night show.

But it worked in grabbing our attention because everyone likes The Roots.

Truly he was the last great Late Night host.

he also knew how to talk politics.

youtube.com/watch?v=P1sz3oxgDH0

You would NEVER know who he votes for. Just the way he likes it.

this guy reminds me a little bit of richard from silicon valley

but with his mannerisms turned up to 11 in terms of autism

>go to youtube anytime in the last 6 months
>bombarded by "[LATE NIGHT COMEDIAN/ POLITICAL PUNDIT] ABSOLUTELY [synonym for BTFO] TRUMP" videos everywhere

I've noticed this a lot with the podcasts I listen to. Stuff that has nothing to do with politics, and they can't help but inject their ill-informed opinions on politics. I'm listening to you review shitty chain restaurants, and not commentate on the election. I listen to get away from that shit for awhile, and they just can't help it.

It makes me want to just unsubscribe from everything until after the election is over.

Craig Ferguson was GOAT. His conversations always seemed like he was winging it. He would fuck with his guests if he thought they were stupid or boring (See: Paris Hilton) but not in a malicious way. And he was a MASTER at playful banter and flirtation. Watching women basically melt on his couch while they go back and forth was my favorite. I miss that bastard.

don't post my waifu you fucking faggot

The fact that so many people consider hacks like Colbert, Fallon and Conan as credible sources really baffles me. It must be really hard to find someone who actually has a right point of view rather than the default SJW-dicksucking celebrity persona that is held by many people in the entertainment industry. Hollywood has become a pro-Hillary, SJW infected circlejerk that now has no style nor substance, just a purer form of fantasy disguised as wit, idiocy disguised as fact. The majority of the comedy industry has become a "humor" that appeals to subhumans with low IQs and a less-evolved brain like the niggers and the chinks, and targets the greater civilization, the very society that got them into their success, targeting them as if we superior whites owe them shit. Comedy has become shit. Hollywood has become shit. It was always shit. Humor is dead.

The way he had with women is legendary. I wish I was him.

youtube.com/watch?v=2pRQvEJ2ti8

oh fug, that whole segment

youtube.com/watch?v=sBp7RybcrHQ

Rip Robin, glorious bastard

Funfact: This clip is played in the National Museum of African American History and Culture

youtube.com/watch?v=qffCO1b-7Js

>that museum actually got built
I'm sure attendance will be stellar.

>This clip is played in the National Museum of African American History and Culture
That can't be true. Colbert interviewing a literally nobody Twitter celebrity cannot be taken seriously.

this was the only good part of his show to this point purely for the nostalgia of Jew Stewart

youtube.com/watch?v=mNiqpBNE9ik

>Stephen Colbert has morphed from a guy who was attacking the status quo to a guy who's slobbering over the feet of the status quo.

This.

The sad part is that Liberals fail to realize this is true, and true for nearly all media-personalities.

Twitter is apart of black history

>expecting a big network talk show host to attack the status quo

>his shtick was republican turned up to 11, the republicans, especially trump, went well past 100 on the dial.

This is what Liberals actually believe.

If any party has gone butt-fuck insane in the past 10 to 15 years, it is Liberals

The fact that you think enforcing laws against illegal immigration and not mass-importing migrants from the Middle-East is "extreme", but requiring a basic ID to vote being "racist" and forcing public schools to let boys piss in the same room as the girls ISN'T "extreme" shows how completely indoctrinated by the Left you are.