I'm 22. Community college graduate. Virgin. No gf. Live with parents. Job on assembly line...

I'm 22. Community college graduate. Virgin. No gf. Live with parents. Job on assembly line. Parents let me keep living with them as long as I give them most of my paycheck every two weeks so I can't save money. I don't know how to live alone so I can't move out. Every day I wake up and go to work. I do my job without saying a word to anyone if I can help it. I come home and eat shitty cheap food then I jack off and spend the rest of the evening on Sup Forums. A year and a half of living like this so far. The days have blended together. I'm losing my sense of time. I could've sworn it was still only October when my mom gave me a slice of pie a few days ago and said Merry Christmas. I don't hate living like this, but I feel like I should be doing something more than this with my life. Suggestions?

start lifting, get into the bro lifestyle, less Sup Forums, but /fit/ and start getting a social life

Hold up.... Honestly.

How much do you make per week and how much of that do your parents get.

And is there a reason? debt?

same

I work 40 hours a week and get paid every other Friday. Before my recent raise I made $10.12 per hour. My paycheck before taxes was around 800 dollars. Out of that I had to give my parents 500 every paycheck for "Rent". The rest I spent on gas to get to work and food.

MOVE OUT!

Well you havent hit rock bottom... once u do u will not care what others think and u will be able to hold a convo with reg people... u need to get away from parents a little to become a person... take a chance , if u move out and fail u can still go back home , if u dont u wont live in their shadows!

Did you even fucking read it

Virgin? Who cares, I don't loose my virginity until I was 23. Stop jacking off daily and exercise, girls will be easier to obtain.

Live with your parents? Congrats, most millennials do, it's not like before you dumb ass. Welcome to the 21st century.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something, with that attitude no bitch will ever bother wanting to get to know you.

As for graduating from community college? Congrats, at least you've achieved something. Why don't you transfer to a university?

How much you guys wanna bet this guy spends at least 50% of his hard earned money on weed?

Then he goes on Sup Forums expecting us to feel sorry for him lol.

1000 a month for rent is way too high, unless you live in like L.A. or NYC. How much is a room for rent where you live at currently?

I would but I have no idea how to survive on my own.

I got a 2 year degree in software engineering on grants and scholarships. I wouldn't have been able to afford it without them. I can't afford to go to University because financial problems and I no longer qualify for scholarships. My dad will disown me if I take out student loans so I'm trying to save up what I can.

I can't smoke weed because my job does yearly drug tests and its still illegal where I live.

Was just thinking the same thing.
It takes a special kind of person to live this way for a year and a half and not plan & enact an escape.

why are you making so little, with a 2 year degree in software engineering?

what are you building on the assembly line?

I have no idea but like I said before, I have no idea how to live on my own and I don't get much opportunity to learn. I think my parents keep me around just to sponge money out of me honestly.
minimum wage here is $7.15, so I'm not doing too bad. Its an electrical assembly line, mostly automated but people like me keep the computers running and do maintenance on the machines. I'm making barely more than minimum because I've only been here a year. Once I get certified I'll be promoted and make upwards of $17 per hour.

Not the same guys you are talking to but I gotta chime in.

So you are in a rut. But you just answered your own question bro. The promotion. Once you have that, that is when you can get out of there. It's easy to live alone. You are just you except there is no other person on the other side of the wall. That's all. You just gotta stick it out and know that this won't be forever. Just work towards that promotion and on top of that, set other goals for yourself. Start small. Work your way up. You are the only one who can truly control your future. Remember that.

still gotta say, with a two year degree, that's really low pay. How long will it take you to get certified?

Something for you to think about. If you get an apartment, they do all the maintenance work, you just pay them a rent check each month. You then have to get utilities, (electric and water) and pay that once a month. You probably already have a cell phone, use that for internet, and pay the bill for it once a month. The other bills, you are already used to paying on your own like car insurance right?

Or are your parents paying your car insurance and phone bill etc. already, out of the rent money you pay them?

P.S. there are extended stay furnished places, that include the utilities and internet, etc. as well, in the weekly price. Most cities have a lot of them. They cost a bit more, but, you don't have to worry about internet, phone, and electric/water bills.

My parents take care of bills. Part of the reason why I say I don't know how to live alone.

It'll be another 7 months before I get my certification.

ok, so the $13000 you pay them in rent a year now, covers a couple grand worth of car insurance, another 700 to 800 in cell phone bills, then. Do you owe money on your vehicle, so they are making the car payment for you, as well?

The car belongs to my dad and he's letting me use it for work. He hasn't paid it off yet so probably.