Why people consider Hendrix as the best guitarist ever when he could easily be trashed by an average 70's prog rock...

Why people consider Hendrix as the best guitarist ever when he could easily be trashed by an average 70's prog rock guitarist?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s09QtPp4cqk3
youtube.com/watch?v=ru_mlNYjBOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

never listen to music again, fag

no u

Personality. Hendrix is always easily identifiable as Hendrix, just like Miles is always identifiable as Miles.

vocaroo.com/i/s09QtPp4cqk3

>Why people consider Hendrix as the best guitarist ever
Not that but I wonder about that particluar manga (Shiori Experience) where Jimi is described as a demi-god guitar virtuoso. As in the real life he barely managed to recognize what he was playing in concerts.

Technical skill really doesn't have that much to do with being a great musician

For example Joe satriani is good but nobody cares because the music he makes is basically just him jacking off

his music is shit but if you think it was shit because "there were better guitaraists" you are shit too

jimi hendrixs music is too complicated to sound good and i know you're a metal fan faggot who thinks jimi hendrixs music wasnt complicated and thats why you're a faggot too

go play some more leads on your christmas on your chriistnas presebt you fucking dweeb

ok yeah he's been technically surpassed by many (even before his time) but i'll guarantee 99% of 70s prog guitarists were highly influenced by hendrix's SOUND and STYLE which were the truly unique (at the time) aspects of his playing. Look at how much Fripp worships hendrix

When will Shiori realize that Jimi Hendrix is actually a hack and dumb enough to drown in his own vomit in the story?

Hendrix fucking sucks

Hendrix is eccentrix many gimmicks and trix. He's a soul player not technical like Satrianni for example but he take us places and that's why Fripp and I worship him, he's like a brother to us, pretty close.

Watch out for your ears! It was 20 years ago today, the band had to play! Guarantee to bring you an smile, we hope you enjoyed the show... etc.

Is calling Hendrix bad the music equivalent of Seinfeld not being funny?

No, it's the musical equivalent of saying shit smells bad

But Seinfeld isn't funny, it's cynical and ironic gen X detachment on display, very mean-spirited and jewish

If he's a metalfag, then that means he also probably likes Tony Iommi, a guitarist who also wasn't known for playing complicated stuff but was an excellent songwriter.
While it's true that none of the innovations credited to him where actually innovated by him, his sound still came off pretty unique, and that's because of not his melodic or harmonic content, but his rhythmic timing and delivery related to that. That aspect of his playing has a somewhat organic flow approach to it, like jazz music but not as technical. Combine that approach (which is also not really something only he did but the others that come to mind aren't from that era or don't do in the context I am about to mention) with other fresh guitar sounds of that time that he didn't innovate but did put together as part of his sound, and you get something relatively distinct. Also he's a good songwriter akin to the riffwriters of the metal genre.

>70s prog guitarists were highly influenced by hendrix's SOUND and STYLE
Prog musicians were mostly educated people who had a solid grasp on music theory. Hendrix' talents were often considered too basic for prog rock standards. The man had blues, but you don't need fucking blues to make Progressive rock. It's all about complexity and the tempered dissonance, not emotions.

I know this is just bait, but you realize that prog rock is completely opposite of what Hendrix tried to achieve in his music career, right?

>Prog musicians were mostly educated people who had a solid grasp on music theory. Hendrix' talents were often considered too basic for prog rock standards.
Not as true as you think especially on the earlier albums like ITCOTCK. Things didn't get real complicated on that level till Close To The Edge, Octopus and Red raised the bar. Considering that ITCOTCK even had I IV V progressions in it, I can definitely see it be Hendrix influenced.

Every single one of the prominent prog guitarists (fripp, howe, zappa, etc) worship or at least give hendrix credit, you act like prog was some kind of ridiculously academic music when all of the prog guys grew up listening to blues and R&B like all of the other 70s rock musicians

i'm not baiting dude, and that's not what I was saying at all - I meant that his guitar playing, regardless of genre or the future intentions of prog musicians, had a huge influence on lead rock guitar players going into the 70s

Jimi acts like a fucking jerk in that manga. Real Hendrix would just give Shiori some acid and make sweet improvisations with her.

giving credit =/= infuence. You are right about the early phases of prog rock when flower power was still active, but it has became way too complex in the mid 70's with Gentle Giant and those other European avantgarde artists. That's clearly out of Hendrix' league both in technique and talent.

>Jimi acts like a fucking jerk in that manga
It's Japan. Everyone acts like a fucking jerk in there.

>jewish
That's not an adjective.

again, look at how gentle giant incorporated their blues influence into their music - octopus has almost straight up blues rock moments at points. GG started out as an R&B band anyway and if that doesn't count as influence idk what does

Why don't you ask average 70's prog rock guitarist who their favorite guitarist is and see who they say?

probably jeff beck

I've never listened to Hendrix before. What makes him great?

>27 answers

>implying seinfeld is funny

sorry, jewey

youtube.com/watch?v=ru_mlNYjBOU

it can be, especially say if the person being described is of jewish descent

guitar centre called. they want you to come in and play a gig on their testers

it literally is

shoulda done jazz

Who was the best guitarist of the 60's and 70's?

Jimi Hendrix. Literally like asking best basketball player of the 90s

i'm fascinated by this post

Jimi Hendrix

because prog sux lol

Joe Pass probably

Steve Vai is the best example of this.

Vai sucks cock

>It's all about complexity and the tempered dissonance, not emotions.
You definitely need to listen to more music and especially progressive rock if you honestly believe that.

People who consider him the BEST on a technical level are dumb, but Jimi Hendrix was a massive innovator of electric guitar.

How could you've possibly come to the conclusion that his music was too complicated to sound "good"? We're not talking about Schoenberg or Conlon Nancarrow here. I'm going to excuse the embarrassing grammar mistakes and sage because I don't believe you're actually serious.

>While it's true that none of the innovations credited to him where actually innovated by him, his sound still came off pretty unique, and that's because of not his melodic or harmonic content, but his rhythmic timing and delivery related to that. That aspect of his playing has a somewhat organic flow approach to it, like jazz music but not as technical. Combine that approach (which is also not really something only he did but the others that come to mind aren't from that era or don't do in the context I am about to mention) with other fresh guitar sounds of that time that he didn't innovate but did put together as part of his sound, and you get something relatively distinct.
Sounds like The Beatles

You all miss the point so hard. Its that he was doing what no one else was doing at the time with his wild distorted sound

He's alright but there are better

>go play some more leads on your christmas on your chriistnas presebt you fucking dweeb
Did you have a stroke right there? Calm down

Paul?

Other bands from the 60's were The Velvet Underground, The Mothers of Invention, Captain Beefheart, AMM, Soft Machine and Amon Düül II for example. Let's not pretend that Jimi was the some creative force of that decade.

How do this many people on Sup Forums either not know or badly misunderstand what made Hendrix influential? That's some I'm-just-getting-into-music shit. Someone derail this thread already.

Was the sole*

Julian Bream.

Faster =/= better

His guitar playing was sloppy at times, but his playing style was very natural and fluid, and far more interesting than a lot of those prog musicians you mentioned.

What is it if not an adjective?