Did people in the 1930s-1950s complain about Universal Monsters the same way people today complain about the Marvel...

Did people in the 1930s-1950s complain about Universal Monsters the same way people today complain about the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0000339/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There weren't nearly as many as capeshit. Westerns and gangsters were far more prevalent at the time.

No, because there was less noise back then with no internet, many with no radio, and even less with no tv

This, movies took way longer to come out back then
CGI in movies is only to make the production go faster since a faster production makes investors more happy

>movies took longer to come out

You fucking what? What are you talking about.

>movies took way longer to come out back then
kek

>This, movies took way longer to come out back then

Nice samefag.

In terms of sound movies, they were the first of their time really, especially everything from Dracula to the first Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr. Eventually by the 1950s they had become pretty overdone like capeshit has become at this point. People got tired of them by the late 50s which was why Universal was more than happy to let Hammer remake a lot of their properties.

You're a fucking idiot when it comes to studio history during this time period, they were pushing out these films and their sequels like crazy considering how cheap they were to produce compared to the profit margin.

And also like Capeshit, there are only a couple of really great ones, The Invisible Man and Bride of Frankenstein. The Wolf Man is pretty good.

No, they were busy surviving.

Samefagging this hard, jesus
Well, thanks for all the (You)'s anyways

It's true.
Oh God it's true.

I can't even recall how many quips there were in the old Hammer horror and Universal Monsters flicks.

Language, please
I just want to learn and actually said that they took longer to make so that I can take advantage of the common human instinct of correcting someone when they're wrong, so thanks, but please, you don't have to insult someone's intelligence because they are not the most educated on a particular, specific subject

>I just want to learn and actually said that they took longer to make so that I can take advantage of the common human instinct of correcting someone when they're wrong, so thanks, but please, you don't have to insult someone's intelligence because they are not the most educated on a particular, specific subject
I can barely understand your sentence here, it isn't your knowledge of a specific subject that's lacking here, it's being completely retarded.

Complain to who? Johnny from the fish market?

This guy gets it. Before the internet these people didn't have a voice because they didn't deserve one.

We used to call them names like "spazzes" and "melvins" back in the day.

>moves took way longer to come out back then
nigga the studio machine pushed out films like clockwork

No because Movies weren't considered a serious artistic medium back then. When most people thought of high drama and acting they thought of stage. Movies were sideshow attractions.

kek

They did have to continually reinvent them to stay relevant. That's why they all fought the Third Reich.

Please look at this.

imdb.com/name/nm0000339/

Wasn't even the hardest working man in hollywood.

I want to hear an oldfag answer this

No.
Not true, they were taken more seriously by some and more lightly by the general public. Now we have a massive unserious audience ranging from nest-feathering academic bullshitters to redditors - the majority's slack in a wide variety of different ways.

People weren't really taking movies seriously until Godard and Truffaut and the rest. Other filmmakers saw themselves as artists, but most saw them as just entertainers.