Why don't they make quality platform adventure games anymore? like Sly Cooper, Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, etc?

Why don't they make quality platform adventure games anymore? like Sly Cooper, Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6JK3fhYE1w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon return to me.

2 ninja comments back to back
What a coincidence

what about yoka laylee?
They made new crash also, but those are big names, for something similar to ratchet i would search on the indie market
Also i guess they don't make them because of money and trends

Cos the ten year olds who played them are in their forties now dickbags
It's gonna be pretty difficult to market new franchises to kids who are content playing more mature-content games like GTA and COD etc

Because nobody wants anything besides the previous call of duty/assassins creed reskinned as a new game, and the $500 in dlc they'll release

Nigger please

>Oddworld N&T
>Samus returns
>Super Mario Odyssey

I don't even know those gay ass games you posted
>

I heard that one game from a few years back where you play as that ball of yarn was really good but I never played it

They also made a new Rachet and Clank which is basically a remake... And I have to say... That game is fucking INCREDIBLE. 10/10 game in enjoyment

there's no way to turn those games into perpetual money machines(ie. "software as a service")

>Sly cooper
>ratchet and clank
>Jack and Daxter.
>quality

Are you high or dumb

Dont be bad because Im not blocked by nostalgia.

Nostalgia my ass nigger. I played the remastered versions of Sly and Jak and Daxter and it is just as good, and even 2x better than I remember when I first played it.

Those games still play good today. They aged very well and fun af to pay

You sure buddy?

not trying to prove to yourself that those memories were real?

They don't make any games like they used to.
You can not tell me you can listen to this youtube.com/watch?v=e6JK3fhYE1w and not feel that ping of love the developers put in.

Games these days are nothing but a cash grab and just like every other industry once money gets involved the soul of the industry is traded for power and monetary gains.
FUCK MONEY.

Fuck Off cucklord

Never played hall because I was a ps2 Fanboy (and still a PlayStation fanboy/) but what is the significance of this song

Think mortal, think.
Who are you trying to convince? Im not gonna play them no matter how hard you fight, so that's not a reason. We're more than likely strangers now, and this will be the only interaction we will every have, so my opinion shouldn't matter to you, should it?Aren't you just fighting me tonight to prove to YOURSELF that those games are good? Why dont those games prove they're good THEMSELVES?

Fuck off Commucuck.

It's not so much the game but the memories of playing with your friends. The years of companies actually giving a fuck about the gaming experience instead of shitting out the next big money printer.
I'm sure something like MGS3 soundtrack or something similar would have an affect on a sonyboy. (nothing wrong with sony just played fuck tonne of lan parties with my boys with xbox)

Not even communist, my experience is that a lot of money and I'm talking multi-millions of dollars; that much money draws out the corruption in men's hearts and turns them into soulless husks. Yes this is generalizing, but gaming is one of the many industries damaged by the rampant goal of mass consumer control and the act of trying to accumulate as much wealth as possible.

I see. Thanks for the explaination.

Not him but that's how the whole world functions my dude. The world revolves around money.

You think a scientist trying to find a cure for cancer, is doing it to actually help people? No. He just wants to be a millionaire. You think that doctor and dentist went through many years of training to help people and be nice? No. It's for the cash. Etc. Money is everything.

That one dude came up with that new treatment for HIV or cancer or something and then jacked the price to 1,500x

I work as a producer at Activision, started out as a QA tester. And this post and the previous are absolutely true, and it's the mentality of those rich fucks upstairs that show up for work when they feel like it.

That's how some people work, yes.
Not all.
Money means nothing after death and these personas should realize this, however fear has clouded their minds.
Good luck out there brother, I am off to drink myself stupid.

Katamari?

They don't make them anymore because developers and publishers realize they aren't as profitable as open world pve/PvP games or fps shooters.

Good platformers still come out just not as popular or frequent. Alot have been 2d but a good new 3d one is A Hat In Time