Can we all finally collectively say that Nirvana is overrated?

Can we all finally collectively say that Nirvana is overrated?

>ITT: things that are overrated

>>ITT: things that are overrated
your opinion

Are we not supposed to share our opinions anymore? Sorry if I violated your safe space man.

No, fuck off.

Why are they so amazing though?

I'm a huge fan and have been for half my life. I think they're the kind of band that if they don't appeal to you totally. You just won't get it

Ironic because Kurt was a whiny liberal

No, I won't agree.

But I would like you to elaborate and defend your position on this. Seriously. What makes you think theyre overrated? Do new kids even listen to them seriously or on purpose? I thought Nirvana only existed for nostalgiafags like me that actually grew up with them.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

I mean I like their songs and all, I have some on my playlist. But I honestly don’t get why they’re immortalized as a god tier band. They made pretty average music

See

USA
Trump
American cars
There you go....

Dude a couple of no bodies from a butt fuck town changed music for the masses

They knocked off Michael Jackson ffs

Game of Thrones

Still don’t lift a finger to queen, the Beatles, or many of the other older big hits.

Stop liking what I don't like! newfags. newfags everywhere

Gibson guitars overrated
Check'em

Not denying any of those bands their place in greatness. Like I said above, if you aren't a fan boy you just won't get it

I can relate to their music because I grew up poor, in a broken home, struggled with mental health and tons of addiction issues

I just can't relate to queen the same way

Op's sister

you fucker I just spat my drink all over my keyboard

Nirvana was always shit tbh. Watching kurt cobain interviews is painful, what a stupid, pompous little prick

They produced the most real, raw, sexy and unique music in their ERA. No band stays as high as Nirvana, maybe Radiohead but that's it.

I think it is underrated not overrated. people don't understand how good their music is. The feelings that are played and felt while listening to it is freakishly well accomplished. I want to die as a Nirvana fan , i don't need anyone's approval.

No.

At the time they filled a musical void.

No other band since has been as important.

The Beatles
They had a few good songs and all but their insufferable fanbase puts them as gods of music when clearly they were mediocre musicians and just okay songwriters.

>babbys firslt band

Listen to other music there are tons of better bands

I used to be really into them and then i kinda moved on. The music is ok but there are definitely better bands out there.

For example?

Okay grandpa.

Any band/artist that is that popular is "overrated." Some people will love it, others don't give a shit.

They are so highly regarded because everything changed after them. They killed the hair band garbage. It's like the Beatles. Graduated HS in 96 btw

Underrated now if anything

Of the era, ALlice in chains were "better" but they just didn't have the cultural impact nirvana did

Hum, Failure, Alice in Chains, soundgarden, melvins, true widow, Isis (the band). Theres a bunch b

Hum is overrated? They had one song that was sorta kinda well known. Matt is a cool guy though.

i like alice in chains more than nirvana, i dont see many people who are hardcore nirvana fans much anymore but everyone assumes if you like different music u must like nirvana

Oh shit sorry my man i didnt mean they were overrated. I meant theres better bands from around the same time than Nirvana. Guess i didnt post right.

Isis has a band? Probably underrated if it took me this long to find out

They came out in the late 90's. P good music connected with some shitty desert fucks unintentionally

I can almost agree with you... but not quite , they’re both equally great but in different ways, Alice In Chains may of had better lyrics tho

>borderline shit tier music
>a bunch of anons here praising it
This entire thread is a proof of how overrated nirvana is.

dooshy faggot

>Can we all finally collectively say that Nirvana is overrated?

This is painfully stupid.

See

This guy gets it completely.

cobain predicted trump as potus

>violated your safe space
Kys man

I have seen a baby wearing a nirvana t-shirt like..the kid doesnt understand that shit. It's kinda overrated

Can we all finally collectively say that people can have different taste in music?

Candy ass music for candy ass people

Fucking retards listening to Lil Wigger or some other useless autotune garbage.

Edgy shut music for edgy shitty people. Tell us more about how you FEEL what nirvana sang.

Things that are underrated include grammar.
It should not be "Nirvana is...". Nirvana, in this context, is a collective noun. It should be Nirvana ARE overrated.

I was born in 1994 five months after he was found dead. I am 23 and I have Bleach, Nevermind, Incesticide and In Utero on my iPod. I've also got box set releases that weren't featured on their albums, including tracks from With the Lights Out. I've also got tracks from when they were called Fecal Matter. And for those that don't understand their impact on the music scene; in a time where most or all music was incredibly polished and clean-cut, Nirvana and namely Kurt Cobain, brought a gritty, loose, screeching and imperfect sound to our stereos with tracks like Paper Cuts, Milk It, Mexican Seafood, etc. It was very different compared to the generation of hair metal bands that were being played all over.

Confusing singular and plural is not a typo, it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the basics of grammar. I also made no argument one way or the other about the validity of OP's statement. Your "funny" picture is irrelevant.

Listen to other bands, I'm not gonna educate you.

ever since chanology

Well excuse me, sorry that you’re on a causal website and not a college forum. Fuck off

Checked

Still waiting for a formal apology.

Kys

See
>fuck off

it was good at the time. GnR and Michael Jackson were really big when Nirvana came up. It was a good time period to be in. Music and film were entertaining and interesting.

Anove avarage, i would say. The songs were "melodious" but the lyrics hardly made any sense

Your mother likes Arabs to fist her asshole.

You’re honestly not wrong. That’s why I’m saying they’re overrated.

>faggy kid doesn't understand what makes nirvana great
>proceeds to suck dick like the little retarded 12yo faggot he is

Another edge lord

Not as overrated as this guy, all his biggest songs sound the exact same with that drony, barely speaking delivery but no one can shut the fuck up about him

Same goes for Pink floyd,IMO.They have some real great songs, but most,of it is meh.

I see you’ve made some very valid points yourself. Maybe you should get back to sucking yourself. After all Kurt always sounded like he had a bag of dicks in his mouth

overrated? its fucking GARBAGE, literally everyone that says they like nirvana are HUGE faggot losers. People with the most boring personalities, stupid wannabe hardrock faggots.

Yeah DUH its overrated. Its GARBAGE. Fuck anyone who listens to that shit

Pink Floyd is one of the best you fucking asshole.

or a shotgun

Well he's fairly new and his personality is what people, I think, enjoy the most.

Rolf

Please go away

post malone is not lil peep... they need someone to move on too I guess

>Can we all finally collectively say
>Are we not supposed to share our opinions anymore?
you do see what you did there?

Who?

ITT; retarded kids

Fuck off

KISS = themost overrated band of ALL time

See this fag

Don’t know man, that one song on guitar hero 3 was pretty good

Rock n roll all day

Led Zeppelin. Stole all their early music and gave no credit. Plant blew his voice early and page just a robber barren of riffs. John and John are cool tho

I was a fan during the 90’s but find myself skipping their stuff on my iPod now, save a few songs (Dive, Love Buzz).

It filled a void at the time, I think it would mostly appeal if you lived the era. Kurt’s death and then the Unplugged album shortly after was huge, it was hard to not feel something as a music fan.

Invoker

Nirvana is one singular band. Nirvana "is" overrated.

oh I made you mad

I lived in that era... I actually just discovered pot around the same time they blew up... was a huge fan for a long time.. I don't really listen to them much anymore but they'll always top my list of favorite bands of all time...

>overrated

Yes and no... THe fucking acoustic unplugged crap they always play everywhere is fucking over rated yes. But if you actually listen to Nirvanas albums the punk influence had great energy. But not that acoustic garbage.

/thread
opinions are fucking overrated

what is overrated?
Did some official popular music sanctioning body inadvertently give them too high a rating? Or do too many people just like what you don't like?

I clearly remember the first time I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit

The place.. the time.. the feels..

I was 16 and it changed my life. Music was never the same.

politics. no one gives a shit about Nirvana anymore.