In the mood for a good Western. I adore the Man With No Name Trilogy, but I want to watch something new

In the mood for a good Western. I adore the Man With No Name Trilogy, but I want to watch something new.

What's a good Western?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6pylRuc1LAw
imdb.com/title/tt0065988/
youtube.com/watch?v=kMFXjQr345Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hzRmp-O496Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UgEr_qOnpN4
youtube.com/watch?v=fYGARF3OoEU
youtube.com/watch?v=OLdIKlXl3ZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>triLOGy

dude

Once upon a time in the West

Tombstone
True Grit (Jeff Bridges version)
Quick and the Dead
Deadman
Three Amigos

Lone Ranger, the best movie of all time

No country for old men

I hate manure

Fist full of dollars. The Good The Bad and the Ugly. Big Jake.

2 of those are the Man With No Name Trilogy

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Duck, You Sucker!

>all made post 2000s
hateful 8
3:10 to yuma(remake)
open range
no country for old men
there will be blood
seraphim falls
bone tomahawk
the salvation

Magnificent 7, and the third and fourth ones

Good movie, but is Mexican Revolution era. Not a western per se

There's that really good one with Tommy Lee Jones, anyone know the name of it?

The good the bad the ugly

True Grit (John Wayne version, although the remake did have Hailley).

Django unchained

The Ox-Bow Incident if you're in the mood for dark western drama more than action.

John Wayne is a fag

Kinda like The Shootist, myself.

21 replies and no Unforgiven?

Bone Tomahawk

>What's a good Western?

trick question.

hainuun

+1

>Bone Tomahawk

This movie was a surprise.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Excellent addition.

Nevada Smith

Back to the Future III

Django Unchained literally takes place in the antebellum south. IT'S NOT A FUCKING WESTERN.

Why the fuck does everyone call Django a western? A western doesn't mean riding horses and shooting people. People rode horses and shot each other since before the fucking Mongolian horde descended on Eurasia.

There's one god damn scene in the movie where they make it as far west as the Rockies, then turn around and go back SOUTH EAST.

great eastwood movie but they asked for something new

>they asked for something new
New can also be something they haven't seen before.

you're right but i interpreted it as a newer movie by the way they talked about the man with no name, otherwise i would definitely recommend it! hackman and eastwood always do amazing work

Cowboys vs aliens

Outlaw Josey Wales - Clint Eastwood is a fucking god of westerns

Appaloosa
Open Range
Lonesome Dove
The Shootist

Not an old western, but it is about Texas bank robbers:

Hell or High Water

A true gentleman.

Also, Silverado and Once Upon A Time In The West.

How about an old obscure Western? My Name Is Nobody was fantastic.

Slow West

How is No Country for Old Men a western?
I don't know what classifies as one, tbh

youtube.com/watch?v=6pylRuc1LAw

Little Big Man
imdb.com/title/tt0065988/

>She wore a yellow ribbon
>the horse soldiers
>4 for Texas
>The Searchers
>The tall T
>Chatos Land
>Shalako
>Shenandoah
>The bend of the river
>Stagecoach
>Ride beyond vengance

Blazing saddles (^:

>muh revisionist western
Written by a feminist, and it shows.

This was great. Fight me, faggots.

The sequel wasn't bad either.

youtube.com/watch?v=kMFXjQr345Y

I shall finish the game

Thing that bothers me about that movie, besides it being a lot of crap, is Doc Brown's "insane rambling" speech about the future with "automobiles" and people walking for fun.

The drunks at the bar seem to find great amusement in the idea of automobiles and recreational walking.

But automobiles had existed for years, in fact the Benz gas powered internal combustion engine car was developed in 1885, pic related. Steam powered automobiles existed since the late 1700s.

And people have been recreationally walking and running since the dawn of time. That's why parks exist. If people just wanted to sit or go to work, parks would just be a row of benches with some trees next to them.

Western based on giving pretty boys face time.

GTFO

Brokeback Mountain seems to be up your lane.

Still a valid point. Cowboys vs. Aliens is more of a western than Django.

The key to a western is the lawless "wild" west.

The south was the exact opposite of lawless. It was an extremely settled and law based society. People had lived there for hundreds of years. There was an establishment to be overcome. In fact that was the crux of the plot of the film. How to hustle legal documents. A western does not include talk of legal documents, customs, and procedures, which was 90% of the film.

Only a fag would even be aware that they are "pretty boys"

Young Guns is fantastic. Reap the whirlwind.

“Western” is a genre you dumb fucking faggot. Not all of them take place in the American Southwest.

How is it not?

BONE TOMAHAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOVIE WAS FUCKING CRAZY.
I thought it would be a shit western, turns out its a fucking crazy horror western. 10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=hzRmp-O496Y

A movie that would never be made today.

A genre has a definition retard.

A western is defined by the "wild" lawless times specifically the American west. It's about a period in time where bold heroes and villains could run round and the law was sparse. A time where everyone was an immigrant. Where populations were small and spread out making the world seem bigger.

The American south, by great contrast, was an extremely settled area with dense populations and hundreds of years of settlement, culture, and law. The law reigned supreme.

Slavery didn't exist in the west. Slavery couldn't really exist, because there was hardly any infrastructure. In the south you needed an underground railroad to escape. In the west you just walked out of town.

THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT.

THEY ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT YOU FUCKING RETARD.

DJANGO IS NOT A GOD DAMN WESTERN. NOT ONLY BECAUSE IT DOESN'T TAKE PLACE IN THE WEST OR EVEN DURING THE TIME FRAME 99% OF WESTERNS TAKE PLACE BUT BECAUSE IT PRESENTS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CULTURE< SOCIETY, LAW, POPULATION, HISTORY ETC. ETC. ET FUCKING CETERA.

why not? youtube.com/watch?v=UgEr_qOnpN4

I'll make you famous ...

Once upon a time in the west, undefeated, comancheros, dead in tombstone, and rio bravo are just a few.

This.

Arguably the Mad Max films are westerns, and pic related definitely is.

Slow West

How about Quigley Down Under? Western, or not?

>Mad Max is western

So is Wild West with Will Smith then youtube.com/watch?v=fYGARF3OoEU

Any western with Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, John Wayne or Eli Wallach.

>How about Quigley Down Under? Western, or not?

Yes. Great movie except for the muh indigenous people plotline.

ANY movie with Clint Eastwood is good even if it's not a western

youtube.com/watch?v=OLdIKlXl3ZA

Only racist white males watch western movies.

The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford

Is hateful eight good?

>Only racist white males watch western movies.

OK, what's your point?

came here to post this

one of the best

no

its my all time favorite western, fucking loved it

its a long Tarantino film and suits a western very well because he does violence so amazingly

Excellent film

>he does violence so amazingly

Sam Peckinpah would like to have a word with you.

The world is changing around you and you someday will be gone and that's a good thing for society.

>assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford
Pure kino.

It's one of the best

>The world is changing around you and you someday will be gone and that's a good thing for society.

Name a single society where total emasculation of men, elimination of the most productive segment, and lowering of IQ and other standards has flourished.

Name a civilization that has prospered that was created (snigger) by women or blacks.

You're getting way too hung up on the details and way too irritated about something so pointless.
Django Unchained is a good movie that will please fans of westerns.

The movie was created to try and empower blacks while trying to make white men look evil.

Long Riders (about jesse james and confederate outlaws)
Young Guns (about billy the kid)
And of course all the basics, Magnificent Seven, anything by Eastwood. But those first two I HIGHLY recommend along side Tombstone which was already mentioned.

looked him up and haven't seen any of his work, what do you recommend

>truth

Lonesome Dove is long, but a decent, solid western.

Open Range is fucking perfect. Plain woman, but good looking, men who aren't afraid to be men, half-way believable gun-fight/ending. All in all just a solid, good movie. Recommend it to anyone.

Also, if you're a connoisseur of film, Stagecoach is fucking awesome. Just watch it, you won't be disappointed.

The only good nigger is a dead nigger

>what do you recommend
Ride the high country
The wild bunch

except its a western user

>Stagecoach

Fucking nigger the only stagecoach that matters is Ben Hur

Pale Rider (1985, Eastwood)
The Quick and the Dead (dir. Sam Raimi)
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid (1969 classic)
Deadwood (TV series)

Ben Hur sucked so much dick tho.

HELL ON WHELLS TV SHOW

You take that back Moses was in that movie.

>Ben Hur sucked so much dick tho.
Not the original. Remake sucked.

BTW, the author Lew Wallace

Lewis Wallace (April 10, 1827 – February 15, 1905) was an American lawyer, Union general in the American Civil War, governor of the New Mexico Territory, politician, diplomat, and author from Indiana. Among his novels and biographies, Wallace is best known for his historical adventure story, Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ (1880), a bestselling novel that has been called "the most influential Christian book of the nineteenth century."

Wallace's military career included service in the Mexican–American War and the American Civil War. He was appointed Indiana's adjutant general and commanded the 11th Indiana Infantry Regiment. Wallace, who attained the rank of major general, participated in the Battle of Fort Donelson, the Battle of Shiloh, and the Battle of Monocacy. He also served on the military commission for the trials of the Lincoln assassination conspirators, and presided over the trial of Henry Wirz, the Confederate commandant of the Andersonville prison camp.

Wallace resigned from the U.S. Army in November 1865 and briefly served as a major general in the Mexican army, before returning to the United States. Wallace was appointed governor of the New Mexico Territory (1878–81) and served as U.S. minister to the Ottoman Empire (1881–85).

This fucking guy WAS a western.

Wild wild west with will smith, it's such a great piece of art

Am I mistaken in that Ben Hur isn't' even a Western? WTF?

I mean sure that guy sounds great and thanks for letting me know, that is all pretty interesting stuff and I may look into it later, but I'm sorry Ben Hur just does nothing for me.