Was he EVER good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2mZbTCqF2s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RiffTrax
socialblade.com/youtube/youtube-money-calculator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Yeah.

He reviewed some of my favorite childhood kino but hes been shit longer than he was good

Yes

I want this shiny pink faced faggot to get out of my recommended videos.

I know. I hate him, but I'm so morbidly curious I keep clicking his terrible videos.

define good

He had his moment years ago, now its just sad.

Same thing goes for AVGN

Yes, his old videos are allright, the ones with 10-15 mins. Even some bigger "productions" are fun, like the one about Moulin Rouge.

No. Not even close to AVGN. The nerd has highs and lows, but I quit halfway through everytime I try and watch this unfunny jackasses videos, it's pure cringe only chicks are amused by

>cringeworthy skits
>forced humor
>look I'm yelling
Nah

If your dad had a youtube channel you'd probably watch it once in a while

That's how i feel about it

I probably watched him before a lot of the others on Youtube but it's amazing how he gets progressively annoying as he goes on. He's still the least retarded and most watchable of Channel Awesome but that's not saying much.

Sure AVGN, Cinema Snob and RLM aren't perfect but at least they seem to be wiser with old age. Doug just get stupider.

Whoa mang, AVGN's latest video is a goddamn masterpiece.

But on topic, yeah, I never reeeally enjoyed NC; rather I watched videos he made about my childhood movies because they were my childhood movies and I wanted to see how other people felt about them. But now he's just dumb skits and recent movies which kinda defeats the whole "nostalgia" thing...

My friend's brother works with him, he played zak snyder in the bvs video with angry joe, and a preacher in the rocky and bullwinkle video.

I watch it for tamara since she's a qt

I liked him for a bit back in the day, before it all devolved into comedy skits and yelling.

I think I finally tuned out by the time he brought on Casper the ghost as an annoying sidekick.

>good
no
>funny
I laughed a lot with some of his videos, at the clips from the movies he showed in particular. Something about not doing it 'alone' makes watching bad movies funnier even if the comments are complete trash. Same goes for RLM or any other review channel, they're all unfunny faggots but we can laugh together at how awful movies are. Even The Room isn't as funny on its own.
Maybe a simple laugh track would achieve the same effect.

No

no

I liked his "movies in 5 seconds".
When I was a dorky teenager and I never told anyone I enjoyed some of his stuff.
He also made "The Room" popular, which is an objectively great accomplishment.

was dr katz ever bad?

some of the guests were

His early stuff was good, or maybe that's just ironically down to nostalgia

youtube.com/watch?v=q2mZbTCqF2s

I remember thinking this was the funniest shit back in the day

I think his stuff has always been very hit or miss, but these days he can't aim for shit.

no, it was cringe at best

you know someones not "all there" when they enjoy shit like this

Maybe when he was actually drudging up nostalgic movies that were somewhat obscure and bringing them beck into light for making jokes about. Things that you would have maybe rented at random as a kid.

As soon as he got up his own ass enough to believe making cheap jokes at the expense of bad movies was "critique" he just went completely off the deep end into cringe territory more than I can handle so i stopped watching any of his videos. I glean through Sup Forums Douge threads that he basically killed NC shortly then tanked a new project called Demo Reel and so just turned Nostalgia Critic into Demo Reel anyway to pull one over on his fans. I've seen one or two new videos where he literally just does skits of the movies instead of containing actual footage because as much as he shrieks "fair use" it doesn't actually make his videos fair use. Pretty funny he's that pathetic now. I wonder what the site revenue is like these days.

Yeah, still is too, just gotta be in an autistic mood

good when your a young teen but once you reach a certain age you realize he's shit

I say yes but deep down inside I know that's not true.

Doug used to do a hilarious entitled manchild, then he became the thing he was parodying. I still have a lot of respect for the guy for trying to improve his craft. He does way more than just sit in front of a white wall now. The problem is, sitting in front of a white wall is what we came to see. He can't write sketches to save his life.

Shit, that's one awesome connection you've got. How'd your friend's brother get involved? Does he know Doug personally?

He was good when he was basically just a source for clips of shitty movies

His actual skits are garbage. Horribly shot, framed, lit, edited, and acted.

I never liked his shouting but I've started to also hate his affected "calm" voice.

I think he's alright when speaking extemporaneously, like in his vlogs, but the problem with those is his brother and some of his friends are annoying.

Check out rifftrax f a m

>downloadable audio commentaries featuring comedian Michael J. Nelson heckling (or riffing on) films in the style of Mystery Science Theater 3000, a TV show in which Nelson was the head writer and, later, host.
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RiffTrax
Holy shit

>brexitlantis

pretty much this

I find he's okay once I just watch him on an occasional 'catch-up' basis. and even then it gets annoying fast, especially the incessant skits, which are really noticeable when you watch a few eps back to back

its a niche scene though and easily avoidable so don't really see the need to get upset about them

When the gimmick was fresh and new, yes. But it eventually wore thin. Like AVGN it became routine and lost its uniqueness. Him and James should of just made an adequate amount of reviews, ended their respective series, and then moved on.

He's never been good, he was a coat tail rider from the start of his career and now he's a clickbait rider.

No, he's always been an unfunny faggot who's been in RLM's shadow.

I think I started to hate him when he made his Tank Girl review, where he goes all "muh starving children"

Yes it's really good. Sort of difficult to get the video and commentary to sync but it's worth it you can prob dl a movie with the riff already on it

I was born in 1994 and when this guy first appeared following James in like 2006 even then I found his shit to be literally made for children and those with similar mental states.
>LOL SO WACKY WAVING A GUN AND SCREAMING HIGH PITCHED REALLY LOUDLY xD

>starving children is a good thing you cuck

when he isn't doing the "LOL SO WACKY WAVING A GUN AND SCREAMING HIGH PITCHED REALLY LOUDLY xD" or saying "whilst it wont be the next x it's still pretty good" he's fun

harmless guy

Hell no
He was always a wannabe AVGN, a shameless hack

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me.

>starving children is a good thing you fucking cuck

Nope.

>annoying sidekick
That's what made me quit AVGN and Spoony too.

These threads suck now, we used to have great threads just shitting on Douge, what happened?

Now he's into obscurity.

still swimming in money tho
a fruitful member of the chosen people

Did anything notable happen to Spoony after he had a big falling out with LordFat? I hear he was being suicidal for a while and hit rock bottom.

shitting on him became the norm
now it's time to defend him from the conformists

last I heard he was down to $1200 a month
>and thats with a mortgage and a NEET gf

So I thought, when I was younger and watched both his work and AVGN.
Then I grew up and saw his new work and realized he's a talentless void of wrong.

Holy shit that's one of the worst videos I've ever seen. You must be a fucking mongoloid if you ever found that funny.

Absolute autistic faggots that can't understand basic human interaction like that namefag "Stalker Brad" who bootlicked that fat kike literal prostitute ex girlfriend of Cinema Snob's ruined these threads. What a monstrous faggot that guy was.

would someone who is "good" make something like demo reel?

I'll agree that AVGN isn't funny but at least I can appreciate James getting better at the craft and just make newer eps with his pals. It seems it's usually just his wife and Mike helping him now, like the older eps.

Does it surprise that people who watch this sort of stuff are often literal autista?

I did the math and with his autismbux and her autisbux they still make close to $5k a month, plus the house was completely furnished for them and he still gets ad revenue and her jewelry sales, no matter how small that is. They're not just staying afloat they're thriving while doing nothing.

Can you tell me more about that guy?

It's the amount of them that makes me crack every time.

I agree, I'm glad that faggot disappeared from these threads.

Remember when Spoony made the twitter for his own dog and started begging for attention through roleplaying his dog?
I'm glad I lost interest in that guy's show before it all went to complete shit.

He couldn't understand that Brad's video he made about James' Ghostbusters embargo was satire, and he got super pissed and started crying about Brad in every thread with the same shit over and over and everyone got annoyed by what a homo he was. He was too dumb to change his filenames and was immediately called out even when he dropped the name, then he was found in the comments for one of the fat Jew whore's videos white knighting her and he ended up looking like an even gayer Linkara and works as a janitor irl.

Ideology at its purest
He's right, who gives a fuck about another persons life choices, but believing that gender isn't determined by sex is hilariously inaccurate.

Don't forget calling Brad a cuck when he's the exact opposite. You can disagree with Brad's politics (which I completely do, but it makes people all pissy and hate him for all the wrong reasons) but calling him a cuck when he kicked that bitch and Jake out of his life immediately when she said she wanted some sort of communal relationship makes him the polar opposite of a cuck. Jake is a cuck in the literal sense and the Sup Forums sense in that he's raising another dude's kid while she fucks other dudes right now too.

Haha oh wow, what a dork. Thanks for telling me.

I'm trying to find a good pic of Brad when he dressed as Heisenberg for Halloween a couple years ago so I can caption it "I AM THE ONE WHO KEKS!" but I'm having a hard time.

He was before he started including cringe inducing bits and characters. Should've stuck with the traditional format with memes.

Why do bad retro reviewers talk to clones of themselves? AVGN did it and so did NostalgiaCritic, its fucking cringey

There isnt much new material, honestly the well Is kinda dry.
The last funny stuff was watching Linkaras movie in stream

>$5k a month
When I read things like this I;m thinking to myself that maybe YT career isn't that bad idea. Even 1k$/month would be enough for me to live, hell it would be more that any of my friends is currently earning (inb4 I'm from East Europe).

Wasn't spoony going to make a movie this year?

Spoony started pretty small though.

I have more faith in Linkara sooner creating another movie abortion than Spoony magically manage to make an actual movie

Bum reviews are shit but at least they filled the "new movie" quota, now it's completely irrelevant.

His good early videos are Mario Bros, Titanic and maybe Patch Adams (mostly for shitting on the evil establishment trope and calling out their portayal of Patch Adams)

I'm guessing that gathering fanbase big enought would take 2-3 yeras. Assuming of course I can come up with content interesting enough.

socialblade.com/youtube/youtube-money-calculator
Enter the name of any channel you watch if you want to suffer

As opposed to us well adjusted

>Spoony's YouTube channel makes over $15k a year alone and he doesn't even upload anything there

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Then there's the Twitch, con appearances, shilling on Twitter, his own website, all the other video services he's hosted on, he gets government money for the rest of his life for being retarded, the FUCKING PATREON! ETC.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am upset.

The game is rigged. I should have been a mentally ill loser on youtube instead of getting this dumb law degree.

he's at his best now

>Was he EVER good?

No, there's always been a level of amateur about him. He never gets better.

>How to Basic
>$6,735.00 - $107,760.00 ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS

Why even bother to try. I think I'll just become an autist on YT

People like Doug suggest to me that you don't need to be particularly funny or talented now the internet is here. If you're confident enough to give it a try there will be enough plebs to make a career out of it. At least Doug was smart enough to get in early. The market is so saturated now you'd have to be lucky or have genuine ability to be noticed.

That guy does top-lists on the channel now.

>have a friend who legitimately has autism
>he loves tgwtg

Back when I thought screaming was the pinnacle of comedy, yes.
Now whenever I try to watch the same videos that made me laugh I just feel disgusted.

>tfw unironically like Allison Pregler's videos now

Except when that gay Canadian with the hot sister she's dating is in them. That guy is fucking annoying and further reinforces my belief we should build the Northern wall.

Phelan is GOAT faggot.

Mrs crabtree are you trying to seduce me?

You found it funny because it was supremely popular to hate on twilight at the time. And the whole site was doing it, so it was sort of like a cult. If you were already a part of the community, you didn't really have any other choice but to find it funny.

Lol same

It gives you such a wide range it's useless.

He talks like a faggot like that retarded britbong Film Brain and he's always talking over Allison to say something unfunny and long winded. They even make a joke about it in her newest video where she just stares at him while he goes on off on an unfunny tangent. He's 100% pure Canadian cringe.

His sister is gonna get the dick though. Then I'm gonna slap him around at Canadian holiday celebrations and make him watch while I fingerblast her under the table at dinner.

Watch brad's midnight screenings featuring him and you'll change your mind. He laughs at anything anybody says.