So I'm trying to like this movie but this shit doesn't make any fucking sense

So I'm trying to like this movie but this shit doesn't make any fucking sense.

What is "being seduced by the light side"? How does that make any sense?

Being seduced by the dark side is a simple concept, it's a basic human failure, being given power and then abusing it, taking the path to get more power regardless of what it takes.

What is being seduced by the light side? Realizing you're an asshole? Is Kylo Ren's motivation that he realizes he's an asshole so he prays to the memory of the man who betrayed the dark side and killed the emperor to show him why he should be an asshole? What?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Amnesia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And he refers to Resistance members as "murderers" as an insult.

What the fuck does he think all of his murders make him?

Jesus Christ, did they think it was a cool idea for her to do a Jedi mind trick at absolute random with no way of knowing that it was a thing or how to do it? Or did they just write themselves into a corner and figure that would work?

Wouldn't Starkiller Base be useless after like 3 shots?

>Realizing you're an asshole?
I mean we can't answer you sadly. If we knew what the fuck Snoke and Kylo and his knights were really up to we could really judge his hesitations, but no, we know absolutely nothing about any of them... nor do we know jack shit about Luke or why Kylo was abandoned by his family. JUST WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL RIGHT REDDIT? With all the "pottery" they're doing they surely won't gloss over it all and have fanboys say "heh it's STAR WARS it's not supposed to make any sense! FUCK THE OT BY THE WAY XD!"

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE REBELS ARE EVIL

Thank Disney. Instead of treating this as the seventh movie in a long line of iconic films they pretend this is the first Star Wars movie ever and we aren't owed explanations. Praise Disney for rehashing ANH and bringing back old actors, but don't criticize them for making a total mockery of it all.

There is no thing as being seduced by the light side. Snoke just wants Kylo Ren to think there is and he's using Vader's "seduction" at the end of RotJ as evidence to support his claim.

So here is my problem with this. While I fully agree that this movie makes no sense when taken in context of the other films, it also wouldn't make sense if the other films didn't exist, what fucking explanation would there be for this scene to the audience if they hadn't seen New Hope?

For that matter, what the fuck did people who haven't seen the old movies think of that scene? Were they even more baffled than people who had?

Of all things this is what you complain about and what you don't understand? Compassion is weakness from the neo-sith point of view. It led to the 'fall' of Vader. What's not to get about this?

Are you implying the trilogy and the prequels didn't have plot holes? Because you'd be wrong to imply that.

It was a good movie faggot, deal with it.

My -only- gripe is the lack of familiar aliens and the lack of Mandalorian cameos. Almost felt guardians of the galaxy-esque with all the bullshit aliens they made up.

>if they hadn't seen New Hope?
I hat to be that guy, but it's not called Episode VII for a reason, pham.

*hate
*for no reason.
Damn I'm drunk.

>Are you implying the trilogy and the prequels didn't have plot holes? Because you'd be wrong to imply that.
>It was a good movie faggot, deal with it.
Yeah, that's why you're an ultra defensive retard making up shit to complain about.

>It was a good movie faggot, deal with it.

Bullshit "point" right there.

>it's not called Episode VII for no reason
I'd understand this logic if the movie made sense in the context of the series. As thing stand, it doesn't, at all. And it is a remake of IV in so many ways.

They'll surely fix that and tie that up nicely in the next few movies.
God I hope they will.

This post gave me AIDS

Don't ever give them the benefit of the doubt. It drives me up a wall how many people don't realize how big of a slap in the face Star Wars: The Force Awakens already is. We already played this retarded game with the prequels. Fool me twice shame on me.

Holy fuck you guys must be sweating mad. I had no idea being a contrarian edgelord was the norm here.

And yeah, I was legit pissed when I saw the Maz cantina scene and didn't recognize a single fucking alien. And the fact that they threw in a mandalorian banner in front as an easter egg but no actual mandalorians fucking sucked. If they go out and 'reveal' that the red helmet fucker is a mando I'm gonna lose my shit.

>gets mad and attacks people for things you made up
>get called out
>HOLY FUCK U MAD BRO XD SO EDGY
This is the most ironic post I've seen in some time, and that's fucking astounding given the election that's been running for the past year.

You are everything wrong with the star wars fanbase.

The light side is a whore.
It just blew me. Shit was SO cash.

This.
>My -only- gripe is the lack of familiar aliens and the lack of Mandalorian cameos
Kill yourself.

>the lack of familiar aliens
>Muh nostalgia
Your mentality is the number one reason the new flick is shit. Because the makers felt the need to cater to the need of idiotic people like you.
I hope the next one will cover new ground in many aspects and won't just rehash shit to make ppl like you comfortable.
I hope you don't like the Star Wars movies that are yet being made.

Why is this a hard concept for people? Ben Solo is inherently a good person who has been crushed and brainwashed by the dark side, yet his natural goodness continues to express itself so he turns to the the helmet of vader, the ultimate symbol of evil, to reinforce his brainwashing...it's not that hard a concept.

Pro tip: 96% of the people posting here are idiots by now.

>we didn't read the post, but the guy is a moron
Okay.

Is his goal to be the absolute evil?
What a retarded character.

If you are OP then you are a retard if the 'seduction of the light side' from the perspective of people following a Darth Vader cult was the thing that didn't make sense. Now stfu.

Have you even watched any of the Star Wars movies?
Stop posting, dipshit.

It's JJ Abrams version of creativity. Take something and do the opposite.

>Kylo quiere ser hardcore, pero la Fuerza no lo deja

He just calls it seduction because he wants to be Emo.

>being this BTFO
Epic

Sheev's motivation was galactic domination.
Vader went to the dark side to save his wife and them just rolled with it. Most Siths seem to crave power.
But no, not Ben. Ben just want to be evil. Because he's just that edgy.

The red helmet fucker is referred to as being of a new race, Delphidian or something, and he wears the mask of Grievous' species. He's already got "canon" books, so feel soothed there.

neither makes any sense since real life isn't black and white, however to translate it into spergy star wars terms he was considering abandoning his power and going back to his family, however he either doesnt know darth vader had a change of heart in his final minutes or he is some sort of epic undercover mole sent by luke to infiltrate the first order and kill snoke by any means neccisary

>being this BTFO
Are you mentally handicapped? Serious question

They decided the make the mandalorian reference really subtle. Their symbol is among the banners at Maz Kanata's when they are shown on the way in.

>Vader went to the dark side to save his wife and them just rolled with it
>Ben just want to be evil

At this point I doubt you are older than 15.

>Almost felt guardians of the galaxy-esque with all the bullshit aliens they made up
Reddit really really needs to leave.

Brilliant retort. You convinced me, I love Kilo now.

Well since you enjoy the piles of shit that were the prequels enough to reference them, I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

Now THIS is BTFO'ing

So Luke will know Kylo pretty well right? What age did Kylo make Luke a cuck? That means they'll get a good amount of scenes together in the next product?

I'm just not butthurt enough to pretend they aren't canon.

>Samefagging this desperately
>Thinks Kylo """"cucked"""" Luke

I'm not even surprised.

Not really, that last one is pretty random.

Thing is he specifically asks his grandfather for help, and from what I understand, he's aware of what transpired in Palpatine's throne room, either from Snoke, or his uncle Luke.

Most likely from both. I'm sure Luke told his pupils about the possibility of redemption from the dark side and used his father as an example.
Kylo just went to puberty at this point and probably wanted to out-edge poor boring uncle Luke his parents dropped him off with.
Gramps sounded way cooler as a role model, anyway. And Snoke probably twisted the tale to make it so that Luke with fiendish cunning slew both the Emperor and Vader.

Gee I wonder if her amnesia will have something to do with this.

No.. no.. that's stupid.

Considering Luke is being a faggot all lone on an isle, lost all his students, and the empire is back blowing up planets yeah he got cucked critically

That's my point, even hearing for years and years about the sacrifice of Anikan Skywalker in his final moments, he's been convinced that Darth Vader is the person he should be asking for help...once that brainwashing is broken, he's gonna be the hero the new trilogy.

How did they see Starkiller Base destroying another system with no light lag, and see it at all unless the planet they were on was a moon around the republic capital?

If everyone knew that Starkiller Base was a thing, why the fuck didn't they attack it with the full republic fleet? And surely not every Republic ship was in orbit around that one planet, so you'd think they would launch a better attack than just sending 10 fighters against it, but then I guess they wouldn't be copying A New Hope letter by fucking letter.

Why are they called the resistance, and are separate from The Republic? Surely The Republic has a million more resources than them and are more capable of resisting The New Order than some shitty base on some shitty moon.

If The Republic is somehow incapable or too cowardly to resist The New Order, why did they bother destroying their fleets and presumably insanely economically and strategically important planets when they could have just threatened them to surrender, which they supposedly would do because why else would you have a "resistance" unless the Republic won't do anything.

Why don't the conscripted First Order stormtroopers have explosives planted in their necks to stop them from escaping, and how did Finns conditioning fail so catastrophically? How was he even able to rescue Poe and steal a Tie Fighter in the middle of a high security warship?

Did the entire Galaxy somehow lose every galactic map that has existed ever? The Republic had most of the Galaxy map except in the circumstance where someone deleted something, but presumebly the Galactic Empire inherited that knowledge and wouldn't worry about deleting records, so an entire galactic map must exist somewhere where you can cross reference to the map they have and find out what's missing.

Why hasn't Chewwie aged, and why is his son Lumpy not a member of his crew? What happened to Itchy and Malla?

>her amnesia
It is never established at any point that she has amnesia. Your fan theory attempt to justify shit isn't clever.

>that last one is pretty random.
>random
Not even that guy, but are you high on glue or something? He even references the other guy's post. Or do you simply not know what random means?

>How did they see Starkiller Base destroying another system with no light lag, and see it at all unless the planet they were on was a moon around the republic capital?
>If everyone knew that Starkiller Base was a thing, why the fuck didn't they attack it with the full republic fleet? And surely not every Republic ship was in orbit around that one planet, so you'd think they would launch a better attack than just sending 10 fighters against it, but then I guess they wouldn't be copying A New Hope letter by fucking letter.

Wouldn't Starkiller Base be useless after 2 shots? (I'm flat out assuming this solar system has 2 suns, we're not told this but since it consumes a sun when fired and there is one left for the climax there must have been 2, right?)

How did a group that "rose from the ashes" of the Empire build a weapon that takes up a third of a planet minimum without anyone noticing? How the fuck do you aim that weapon? (They built it into the planet, so it's not like you can move it around like the Death Star) Why is it when they're so directly willing to confront the Republic the Republic won't confront them other than through some shitty random ass splinter group that it is implied they pretend not to be related to?

Wouldn't getting rid of even one of the suns, let alone both do unimaginable fuckery to said planet and system?

Your pathetic sexual fetish has nothing to do with any of what you just said. How old are you? Seriously asking.

Yes it is.
Mysterious past and parents she doesn't know or remember and the vague flashbacks.

Do they really have to use the words so your dumb brain can process it?

I was under the impression that it had a hyper drive and could move around like the Death Star, could be wrong though. I mean if they can make a moon sized space station it's not much more of a stretch to simply add propulsion to a planetoid, which would be cheaper than building from scratch anyways.

Why do you enjoy the prequels so much that you prefer them to the original trilogy?

What's that? You enjoy them because you remember your uncle fucking you in the ass while you watched them as a kid? Why is that a positive memory?

I'm not being random, I quoted your post and everything.

Amnesia doesn't even exist in the Star Wars universe, it hasn't been mentioned once in any of the movies(remember extended universe is non-canon).

>Mysterious past
She was abandoned on a planet as a small child, we know for a fact she has lived there ever since, there is no room for a mysterious past.

>parents she doesn't know
At that age it makes sense that she wouldn't have much memory. But this point can at least be argued.

>vague flashbacks
To events she was NOT present for you fucking retard, or are you claiming she was in Empire Strikes Back and no one noticed her in the middle of a fucking lightsaber duel until now?

Your retarded fan theory is not justification for a hole in the film.

>Why do you enjoy the prequels so much that you prefer them to the original trilogy?
>prefer

>prefer

HOLY SHIT are you too dumb to read? Are you a fucking ape with a keyboard? Nobody ever said something about prefering, the word was referencing.
Learn to fucking read and write in the English language you dumb bimbo.

>Nobody ever said something about prefering
You do realize you're literally proving my point right? That the post was random, but suddenly you think it's a problem now that it doesn't agree with you.

>all this mad
>all this reaching
You really are ridiculous, do you understand that?

>parents she doesn't know
You're making this up, there is no evidence she doesn't know the family that left her, she literally never says anything to that effect.

>amnesia doesn't exist because it's never happened before!!
this is my first post--- holy shit are you this fucking retarded??

We found a Jurassic World lover here

Wouldn't a nuke be useless after 1 explosion?

This is not my first post, and while that guy is in fact retarded I am really curious what the fuck you are talking about. I have not seen Jurassic World so I don't know if this is some sort of reference.

I'm not sure if you're retarded or just trolling.

If the first, how are you able to even type?

If the second, how will you respond if I take you seriously? Let's find out.

You do understand there is more than one nuke, right? And that it didn't require the resources of an entire planet and multiple suns to be used? And that there are a finite amount of suns in the area? And that's ignoring the whole targeting issue.

Can't you no longer post images of a frog because you posted one image of a frog?

That's how that works, right?

Yeah but the idea you shouldn't ever need to use it more than 3 times. I don't think the Republic would be able to handle a second shot let alone a third. They blew up Republic planets, right? I can't remember if it's the resistance or republic that got fucked over. I have no clue how big the first order is in relation to the republic either. Was the second shot revving up to blow up Coruscant or what?

>don't worry, the next movie will make this one make sense!

That means this one is a bad movie, you underage redditor pleb

>this one is a bad movie
I thought that was pretty obvious by how bad the movie was.

He was likely an angsty, depressed child who latched onto the legend of Vader as a means of making himself feel more intimidating and powerful.

He actually hates being evil and his conscience is constantly telling him to stop fucking killing people, and to just go back to his family and the light. He can't, though, both because he's equated being good with weakness and because he feels he's already come too far to turn back. He thought killing Han would make his pain go away, but it only made it worse, so he's having a mental breakdown in the climax.

He's basically a caricature of Star Wars diehards. Like them, he is a lonely, unpleasant young white man who grew up at odds with his parents, obsessed over the paraphernalia of movies that came out before he was born. While every other major new character in the movies is just bumbling around with their own problems, Kylo is obsessed with the story of Star Wars and longs to take his place in its legend. Abrams' Star Trek movies had a similar message which essentially identified old fans with the villains, trusting that the new fans wouldn't care and the old fans would see the movie anyway just because they have to.

The movie is all about costly failures of machismo; the only male character who is broadly portrayed in a positive light (Finn) is also a weak buffoon. Much as Kylo represents the obsessive superfan who hates the movie but goes to see it anyway because it is Star Wars, the focus of his existence, Finn represents the average Tom, Dick, or Jamarcus on the street who just goes to see Star Wars because it is the cool thing to do right now. Meanwhile Rey represents Abrams' vision of the future of the fanbase, a little girl (she is almost completely desexualized and infantile, innocent figure for a female lead (hence Sup Forums's obsession with her as a sex object)) whose dreams of Star Wars must take a back seat to her real life problems.

This is also why Rey is ridiculously competent at everything she does despite never training at any of it. It's because her actions are meant to represent the kind of arbitrary imaginative play-pretend way you thought of Star Wars as a kid - you're flying the ships, you're moving things with your mind, you're fighting the evil mask guy with the red sword, you're not thinking about how incongruous that kind of fantasizing is with the world the movie portrays. Kylo's problem is he's past 30 and still loves Star Wars.

>I'm having conflicted emotions about being evil
>if I murder my dad I'll stop feeling bad about being evil
What a strong villain.

>he movie is all about costly failures of machismo; the only male character who is broadly portrayed in a positive light (Finn) is also a weak buffoon
What about Po? Or Han?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Amnesia

Ummm....hate to break it to you, user.

Jurassic World is the perfect example of how hollywood is incredibly shit lately. That movie is a constant stream of Why? What? But that doesn't make any sense??

The ending is the shittiest schlock fest i have E V E R seen in a professional $100 million+ movie. Legit could have written a better movie myself.

Darth Vader turned back to the light by killing the Emperor and saving his son.

Kylo Ren felt like his parents might turn him back to light.

>That the post was random
It was not. You referenced the perquels in your post and he called you out for it.
Get fucked.

I don't think you're meant to think one can actually be "seduced" by the light. This is just how Kylo is making sense of it in his head so he can keep looking at the light as some insidious thing and stay loyal to the dark.

In reality he just doesn't want to be a murderous asshole but keeps forcing himself to be anyways.

Do you people really not get this? Are you that desperate to look for "holes" in this movie?

I doubt he just wants to be evil. He obviously has motivation but we don't know it yet because that's how trilogies work these days. None of the movies stand alone enough.

He's not supposed to be a strong villain. Which enormously triggers people for some reason. You complain about TFA just being a rehash then want Vader 2.0 as a villain, even when Vader was meant to be a pathetic character as well. That's what the prequels illuminated and what Lucas intended and straight out said.

Stop replying to retards like OP. It's obvious and not a big thing at all if you're not somewhere on the autistic spectrum maybe.

this just on this flick sucks

There isn't even a light side. Was the term even used before Force Awakes?

oh look, it's another "I'm too autistic to understand basic character concepts and developments" thread

no wonder you guys don't like TFA

The force scene wasn't hard to understand. It was instinctual, primal. He was peering into her mind, and she found a way to be able to block him out of it, and enter his. It wasn't even a mind trick, noone was coerced retards, they were peering into the minds of eachother.

How are people so retarded when it comes to this movie.

>After the Galactic Republic's forces were defeated by the Separatists on the planet Sarrish, the clone commando CC-5576-39 suffered from amnesia. He eventually ended up on Abafar, where Borkus took advantage of his condition, naming him "Gregor" and giving him a job as a dishwasher at his Power Sliders diner in exchange for room and board.
>CC-5576-39 was eventually able to recover his memory thanks to Colonel Meebur Gascon reminding him of being a soldier.[2]

What the sweet fuck is this shit?

>ten months

TEN MONTHS

>oh look, its another "i use the autistic card"

its a shit movie, sorry leddit

>being retarded as well as delusional and random
Okay.

>thread about retarded quotes in the movie, referring to the light side
>but they never mentioned the light side
You what?