Tfw someone says their favorite movie is some patrician borefest and you immediately know they are insecure as fuck and...

>tfw someone says their favorite movie is some patrician borefest and you immediately know they are insecure as fuck and trying to impress you

Why do you frecuent people so insecure? Is it to feel superior?
I bet you dislike capeshit as well.

>Why do you frecuent people so insecure?
>Why do you frecuent
>frecuent people
>frecuent

Literally what the fuck are you trying to say?

>i like there will be blood

just shut the fuck up noone is impressed

But I legitimately do love 2001 and often cite it as my favorite movie.

You sicken me.

I LIKE SATAN'S TANGO IT'S REALLY DEEP IF YOU'RE PATIENT ENOUGH TO SIT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING IT IS LIFE CHANGING

I don't think anybody calls this their favorite film, but people really seem to like it, to my confusion. It seemed like not even 2/3rds of a complete film, but merely half of one.

When did having dull minimalism become necessary for great, auteur films?

Thats not patrician or a borefest. Try harder ya fucken momo

>minimalism
Did you learn a new word? Stop using it wrong

I would say in plot development, it's absolutely minimalist.

did you wash the dishes and clean your room?

phoenix is fucking outstanding in this kinography.

He's very good, but that still doesn't make the plot compelling or the movie ultimately satisfying.

But OP my favourite movie IS Synechdoche New York!
I love it when people with literally no taste cite a Speilberg movie as their favourite to try impress me, it's like what are you doing.

my grandma hates this movie

the plot doesn't go anywhere but it doesn't really need to for me. Just watching the bromance unfold is enough to make the film worthwhile.

I think this thread is supposed to be a joke because clearly OP is just as insecure as the people he's referring to

>Just watching the bromance unfold is enough to make the film worthwhile.
It's any more substantial than what you get in plenty of other movies that actually have proper plots.

All threads are jokes here, intended or not

My favourite films are Citizen Kane, Forrest Gump and Batman v Superman.

2001 is the greatest film ever made, just accept it.

he's being perfectly cromulent

my favourite movie is Crank. Can't get more kino than that.

I, too, juxtapose with his pneumonia and pulchritude his melancholic opinionation, sir.

not even the best Kubrick film

not even the best movie from the year 2001

kek pleb

Why did you go through the effort of quoting that? That's not even bait, it's like a tired meme to say that BvS is some cultured work of genius.

So is the movie perfect in every way, or I can criticize it, just not it's lack of a proper plot?

>tfw someone says their favorite movie is some 'le fun' movie or shitty comedy and you immediately know they are trying to be 'with it' while also trying to look like they don't care

The movie is not perfect, and you can criticize it anyway you want m8. But it also isn't devoid of plot just because it doesn't span a long time, or have huge sweeping changes. Have you never seen a "character study" movie before? I haven't seen it in years, but i seem to recall it being about the difference/similarities between Joaquins and Hoffmans characters. This wild man who can't control his animal urges, and this refined man, trying to tame the beasts within us and so on. I don't remember too many specifics anymore, but it's pretty fucking thick with stuff m8. Just because you missed it, or you thought it was all surface level stuff doesn't mean you're right.

>that guy who unironically likes Fight Club

This is why I don't tell people my real favorites IRL for fear that they might be retarded enough to think i'm trying to impress them.

Perfect example as it's Kanye West's favourite film and he's the ultimate insecure dullard.

Ugh, worst kind of man. They also often attracted to some horrible shit like Tim Burton.

Hardcore Henry is my favourite movie

see

>Turner and Hooch
>Tango & Cash
>AWOL

get on my level you fucking faggots

you won't make me dislike Locke, OP

>his favorite movie isn't a western or samurai drama

A guy told me this once and I knew then and there that he was a tranny. It was gross.

Get fuck'd

i don't watch many movies, how do i get a favourite movie?

This is a bad thread made with bad intentions by a bad poster