What is the point of masculine and feminine for everything in the world in Latin based languages...

What is the point of masculine and feminine for everything in the world in Latin based languages? Why did was ever made a thing? Will it change now that the world recognizes 30+ genders?

they're degenerate chairfuckers

Romance languages are extremely problematic.

good replies so far

>the world recognizes 30+ genders

that's an anglo thing
ironically, having such vague, non restricted genders in english means you can create any gender you want, while languages that have genders already have centuries old defined rules about it, so not a lot of change is accepted

>french/italian logic: chair is feminine because its role is to be sat by somebody, it's a passive role like female
>german logic: chair is masculine because it likes touching somebody's ass like male
amirite?

language really shows you something about a place's culture and their way of thinking

>not having radical word forms which can alter the gender of objects

All Norwegian cars are transgender, depending on the cultural background of its owner.

brainlets + languagelets detected

unironically kys

>not having a word changing its meaning depending of it gender

>now that the world recognizes 30+ genders?

"the world"

only your liberal batshit insane lot

yes

>no grammatical gender
>not even separate pronouns for he/she
>no articles
>mfw

>autism

We ain't changing shit, faggots and weirdos can go fuck themselves

Well English uses pronouns for he/she about people, but not about objects. I would think it gets tiresome to remember each object and whether it is masculine or feminine and then be sure to use the right form of plural. Just keep it all the same "chair" and throw an "s" on the end for most plurals. Easy...why make it harder than it needs to be?

either liberal genderfags win or Achmed
>you pick

>
>I would think it gets tiresome to remember each object and whether it is masculine or feminine and then be sure to use the right form of plural.
It doesn't, it comes naturally to you when you are a romance language speaker.

Ahmed, because then I can still fuck women and not having to apologize about everything because I was born with a dick.

Well, in Turkish there isn't even a difference between he and she. Not talking about the moustache, but in the language. Both he and she in Turkish are "O".

just learn a language and live with people who speak that language and speak that language only
in a very short time you will begin to do all of it naturally

for objects or people though?

He and she and it, all translate as "o" in Turkish.

See how progressive they are :^)

>No future tense

Finnish should be so simple but it manages to be a fuck up anyway.

That like mandarin. I go yesterday. I go today. I already go. I go tomorrow.

>objects have genders
>civilized
pick one

ITT: anglos can't wrap their head around the idea that grammatical gender and biological gender are not the exact same

Not that we can't Sven, but what is the point in doing the unessasary steps of dealing with object gender?

Chair is masculine in russian either. The word itself is borrowed from german (stul) but we have a rule about what word should be feminine, what masculine and what neutral.

>Will it change now that the world recognizes 30+ genders?

Does American recognize 'Xe' or Singular They?

I guess this helps us doing things on time, since we cannot easily promise to do something in an undefined time.

If only Arabs would have thought of that.

Chair is clearly masculine

How so. I have seen some sexy chairs. Plus it never makes sense like that anyways.

That's because you're gay.

Tsarina Catharina II had this one.

>gendered nouns
>14 verb tenses
>7 articles
>complete phonetic equiqualence

Poor language nothing to be proud of

i think it's based off the 'feel' of an object
i.e. a door is very masculine, while a lamp is feminine

>a door is very masculine

But it's something you open and penetrate

a door is heavy, and hard—you slam it and close it etc.
a lamp is bright and lights up the room
interesting how objects have different genders for different cultures

Japanese doesn't have tones

Both are feminine in French, but it doesn't always make sense anyway, like sword being feminine (épée) when warfare is associated with men and a sword is pretty phallic

Door is feminine in Portuguese, Spanish and French.

a dick (la bite) is feminine

we have autism, please be patient with us

That's because the gender of a person is reflected in more words compared to English. For instance, in English you say "She is beautiful" with neutral "beautiful" while in Romance languages the gender of "beautiful" agrees with the person it is referring to. If then you say "the chair is beautiful", what should the gender of beatiful be? Either you create a third gender for inanimate objects, which would complicate things, or you assign one of the two genders to every noun.

In Sicilian, dick is feminine (minchia), while pussy is masculine (pacchiu/sticchiu).

If I remember correctly Archaic Latin had a neutral genre. However, speakers of the vulgar variation didn't use it and as a result it never passed to Romance languages

Inanimate objects could still have a masculine or feminine gender, "chair" (sella) was already feminine in Latin.

It has pitches, though: bridge and chopsticks are pronounced with different intonations but are made up of the same phonemes OP's picture is still retarded, though: Chinese would have been a better choice.

That pic is retarded as fuck, grammatical gender has nothing to do with cocks or vaginas.

I would prefer global nuclear war to those 2 choices ťbh.

Anyways Slavic language declension and genders make Romance languages look like caveman ooga booga speech.

Same with Slavic. If you spoke with wrong gender you would sound like a mentally challenged kid.

There is no step to do, saying 'la sedia' instead of 'il sedia' it's the most natural thing in the world, you dont need to think about it

the term grammatical gender has nothing to do with gender
only that words like "man", "boy" tended to belong to class 1, and words like "woman", "girl" tended to belong to class 2.

the linguistic term is "noun class".
the 18 noun classes (or ""genders"") of Swahili are EXACTLY the same thing as the genders of Indo-European language (masculine/feminine/neuter in latin, greek, german, the slavic languages, masculine/feminine in the romance and baltic languages, common/neuter in scandinavian).

e.g Dyirbal, an Australian aboriginal language has the following classes:

I — animate objects, men
II — women, water, fire, violence
III — edible fruit and vegetables
IV — everything else

You could call class 1 "masculine", class 2 "feminine", class 3 "vegetable", and class 4 "miscellaneous". But that would be dumb.

Indo-European languages have a grammatical tradition that dates back thousands of years, the way we call the classes is just tradition, and it won't change.

In Slavic languages like mine you don't even have an article before the word.
Most feminine nouns end in -a, neuter nouns in -o, masculine nouns usually end in a consonant apart from given names.

In addition to that, genders determine all declensions of words in a sentence. For example, "Žena mu priniesla vodu" (Woman/wife brought him water) - the word "priniesť" (to bring) changed to "priniesla" (she has brought) and the word "voda" (water) is also feminine so it changes form to "vodu" in the accusative.

You would have to pretty much forget all declension systems of Slovak to mess up gender. It is impossible to "degenderize" Slovak because the declension system is dependant on gender and vice versa. It is a harmonic system. Changing the gender of a word would mess up all declensions in a sentence. It is clearly appearent which gender is which word because of the way they declense in a sentence. This also means stuff like "she has brought" changes to just "priniesla". It means stuff that takes a short sentence to write in English often takes just a word in Slovak.

All those endings and genders are not useless, they encode information.

>What is the point
culture
something you don't have but should?

To give you a further idea:

to bring - priniesť
He has brought - Priniesol.
It has brought - Prinieslo.
They have brought - Priniesli.

One thing that pisses me off a little is that our word for girl (dievča) is neuter. Woman (žena) is feminine. Considering other Slavic languages, like Russian (дeвoчкa, devočka in Slovak-like latin) the word for girl is feminine, but not in Slovak, Slovene and Czech, I suspect this is Kraut influence as the germ word for girl is "das Mädchen" and is neuter and these 3 slavic nations were influenced by Krauts the most.

Mädchen is neuter because it has a diminutive suffix. (compare Magd "maid", which is feminine)
Does "dievča" have any suffixes in it (etymologically)? Those tend to mess with the gender.

Have no idea, but diminuitive of dievča is dievčatko. Also means little girl.

I found it and yes it is from a neuter diminuitive. So no Kraut influence after all in this word.

>Latinos
>NOT being retarded
>EVER

lol no
maybe a minority of hipsters on american campuses know it
(and the whole internet right wing since everyone knows it irritates us)

but 99% of people irl aren't aware this is a thing
they are aware there are tranny whores in the woods and in brazil sure but that's about it

Are there many French and Sicilians with qt feminine dicks?

wtf am i latino now ? where is my american passport and my welfare pls ?

>latin = latino
please dont tell me anglos actually believe this
latino is such a misleading retarded word already

There is a disturbing trend in American universities, where half-hispanic women (who can't even speak spanish) insist on calling themselves "latinx" (rhymes with kleenex), because the word "latina" is apparently oppressive.

>English speakers are mentally impaired and cannot understand the difference between M and F

top kek

>latino is such a misleading retarded word already

I blame the French, they made up the name "Latin America" to justify their imperialism in Mexico

>all these plebs thinking grammatical gender has anything to do with actual gender
wew.

we can't decide if we want to have two or three genders

shut up gringo
i am latino and proud 14/88 viva la raza

You are missing the point Mario. He is saying why not it sedi instead of need the gender preposition OR the classifier at the end of the word.

Why are you using he/she/it?

something good about grammatical gender is that you can decline for gender concepts such as this, these, that ,that one, those, them

that makes those languages slightly less ambiguous

also, sometimes you can know a missing word from the gender of the article

If I say
"los de Grecia" those (male grammatical gender) of Greece, I must be meaning a male noun, like hombres, sabios, guerreros

if I say "las de Grecia" I must be meaning a feminine one, like personas or tropas.

LA lámpara
La Puerta
El Pomo
El Pestillo
Il Catenaccio

see
it just doesn't make sense and I haven't seen one user make a point about why it is needed rather than the anglo-master race method of a chair is just and object (an "it").

I think the gender identifiers when referencing people does make sense, bu the objects thing is weird.

You don't understand, these are not classifiers at the end of the word. They are an integral part of it In Slavic languages the ending encodes both gender and the role the word plays in a sentence.

"Anglo master race" that cannot even make an endearing or harsh version of a word.

>Easy...why make it harder than it needs to be?
No one "made it harder". That's how these languages have always been. And languages aren't exactly created on the spot by a committee trying to make it as "easy" or optimal as possible.