How does this build look, I've already got a case, some storage, a monitor, a motherboard, and an os

How does this build look, I've already got a case, some storage, a monitor, a motherboard, and an os

>nb4 don't use the 2gb 1050

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks ok for new other than the single channel 1333 memory and the price of the cpu. I got a 4690K for 150

Try used hardware tho
Check out Tech YES City on youtube

Idea. Sell motherboard. Get a good old Xeon and mobo from aliexpress and dont waste 200 on a barely not a bottleneck cpu.

And get a 2x4GB memory kit, and add another 4GB later. 12 GB is good. Low latency is nice too.

I found the lowest price for a quad core ( I've heard certain games won't even let you play if you don't have a quad core, and my current dual core running at 3.0GHz sucks) and that was the one.
And the RAM, I chose single channel 1333 because my motherboard only has 2 DIMM slots. Thanks!

Depends on how long you're expecting the machine to last, what you're planning to use it for (general word processing or playing HD games?) and budget.

However, my view is that DDR3 is becoming obsolete now that DDR4 is largely affordable. Picking DDR3 may help if you're on a tight budget, but will not keep the machine 'current' for as long before it struggles to run HD games and replacement is required. I'd argue you want to change the CPU to one that uses LGA 1151 socket (i5-4460 is LGA 1150). This will force you to buy a motherboard with 1151 socket, but will also support DDR4 RAM (and will also open the possibility to do single-component upgrades further down the line).

Without doing this I'd question why you're putting such a powerful graphics card in a system that is going to struggle in other places to keep up with it.

I bet you'd end up with more money in your pocket from selling the mobo and the dual core and getting an old Xeon and a mothetboard instead of this IMO overpriced i5. I think those were 200 when they were new actually.

Used 1150 market is worth checking actually

I think you can find good deals on used higher end 900 and 700 series cards that are cheaper, have more vram and might even perform better thab the 1050

No, no. DDR4 won't help at all, neither will newer i5 or even i7. 1150 is a very good platform to be on right now. This i5 wont bottleneck any gpu more than 3-4%.

If not then go for a 4790K which is on pace with anything other than a brand new 8700K which costs at least twice ad much.

DDR4 wont help in games, trust me

I was thinking of letting last as long as I can take care of it (pretty decent IMO)

I am on a tight budget but I don't think I'll be able to sell the older parts and order the new ones at the same time.

I put it in there because it was the cheapest one that I found under the other cards I selected

I don't think I'll be able to sell the old parts and get the new ones at the same time in a reasonable manner

I'll check but that was the cheapest one out of the other cards I selected (including higher 900 and 700 series)

Also, my dual core is lga 775 and my mobo is lga 1150 so thats another reason I wont be able to sell them

Dont worry about it. People actually want to get things seperately.

Check out used hardware at your local 2nd hand tech stores, ebay, gumtree and gregslist and local forums as well

(OP Here)
I made another build but with AMD, is it betterâ„¢ than the Intel build?

Needs budget PC after christmas?
oh youre in deep shit cuz youve been so naughty that mum and dad wont buy yua pc for christmases lolz xd

he obviously doesnt have the money for a proper build, im sure youre 2 times over his budget. Also amd is really garbage.

yeah im a little drunk, i read your post again
buy an ok I5 processor instead

Yes but go for the 1050 i think

Dude,pc is very good budget gaming rig,but you need an ssd ro speed it up,narrows bootup time to 4-5 seconds instead of 30-40s for hhd,thats how good they are,dont see you have one on the photo under storage

Why? It's not like the i5 will do double fps for double cash jfc

I already have 2 HDD with enough storage, and I don't mind the slight extra wait time if it costs less.

(OP here again)
I think this is my final build, I know there are somethings I should work around but I don't think I'll be able to work them out

(forgot image)

This is a very good silent and low power consumption pc that can run pretty much anything,any moba game out there on 1080p with full details or medium settings for games of 2016-17 that have high hardware requirements or even higher if you have smaller monitor like 19inch 720p

Nope, a budget ssd wont do 3-4 secs. Only high end ones get that and only with some mobos

Hard drives are good for budget
And SSD can be easily added later
Bootup times are useless, especially UEFI Windows installs which ruin mouse input for a quick boot time.

I have like a 20" 1080 monitor with a 15" second monitor

I approve
20 inch 1080p is nice if it's a good panel to look at. Such good pixel per inch
I upgraded from an old 22.5 inch 1080p to a 24 inch 1080p gaming at it's so pixelly

Man i've got Kingston 120gb for less than 50$,i know my stuff...boot 64bit w10 on it with an i5 4460 3.2ghz its a 4second bootup time,but games and shit has to be stored on hdd

50 bucks for just the bootup is a waste. I can get about 5-10 seconds wake from sleep from a 5400 rpm drive
24/7 machines wouldbt even benefit lol

Bootup time is one of the many meaningless numbers of a PC. Although SSDs are useful for large open-world games like Fallout 4 and GTA 5 where objects might not get loaded in time causing invisible walls and stuttering

my first build

Asus z170 progaming
core i7 7700k
16gb 2400 mhz ram
gtx 1050 ti
samsung 250gb ssd
evga 750w power supply
view 27 case
custom water cooled loop

So you get 15-30 seconds head start to using your pc. How do you plan on making ROI from the SSD?

you had no idea what you were doing huh

whats up with the napkins?

still nervous about getting a leak

>"first build"

Beautiful. Must be great for high framerate gaming

yeah i never found the appeal in watercooling

>2gb 1050
power saver

What do you mean? It's a great build

you could look into an i3-8350k but it would force you to get a good motherboard

Try phase change then

watercooling is nice if it makes sense, so not in this case

>7700k + custom hardlined water cooling
>1050ti
do I need to say more

2 sticks of ram are always better than one. 2 4gig sticks out do 1 8gig in performance everytime if equal speed

forgot to mention i got a titan x on the way,my bad

7700k performs as well as a 4770k
1050ti performs as well as a 780ti

Would you get mad if you saw a watercooled 4770k and 780ti build?

I just feel like it would only be useful if you're rendering film all day or something

Try checking benchmarking sites to compare performance of cpus and cards ect.

cpubenchmark.net

In my opinion, doing some sidework and save up 800 to 1200 bucks and do it right.

As far as hard drives go, I'm excited about the Samsung 960s. Pretty affordable and are getting read write times between 1 and 3 gigs a second.

1050ti is great for gaming
Cpu and ram are important for csgo tbh

im not talking about the build.

im on about the watercooling