Considering breaking up with my first proper girlfriend and just want a stranger to talk it through with...

Considering breaking up with my first proper girlfriend and just want a stranger to talk it through with, help a brother out Sup Forums

pic unrelated

Why?

why are you going to break up

Why u wanna break up?

First ones hurt like a motherfucker. No ways around it.

Why do you want to break up with her, user

because i cant go on with my first ever relationship, knowing in my mind that I have nothing to compare it to

If the relationship itself is good you are a massive retard to break it off

So, because you've never been in a different relationship, you want to end it to try something new?

what type of reason is that?

The issue, beyond my just all round apprehensiveness, is that
1. I'm still in love with her
2. She was diagnosed with depression a couple of months back, we've basically got it under control now but i don't want to be the one to cause her to regress

What a fucking idiot you are...

Lmao you retard. You're gonna end up alone.

I just don't think I can really give her my all if I never know what something different is like, and its not fair on her to keep something going that I know I'm eventually gonna end.

Retard

lol, my best mate started going out with a girl when he was 13, still going strong now, he's had multiple instances where he wondered what he could've done if it didn't work out.

Perhaps a good idea to break it off, but maybe try not to cut your bonds with her, say it's personal reasons and mention that you'd appreciate being able to remain friends, maybe in two years after messing around with some other girls you'll decide she was a nice pick.

Just broke up with my first proper gf today too, OP.
We'll be OK bro

If you see a future then you shouldn't break up.

Dumb reason but it's your own so wear it. My mate is still a virginfag because he refuses to have a bad relationship and make some mistakes. Make a mistake but be sure to learn from it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I think ill do it after NYE though because we're going to the same thing and I don't want to ruin the night for her

what? you love her and you think if you break up with her she will become depressed again?

Hey man, it's your life, but, if I were you, and the relationship didn't suck, I'd stay with her.

Relationships are hardwork, man. They're not always gonna be fun and games, and it's gonna suck at times.

But that's life.

>No major issues
dumb cunt, she deserves better.

If youre gonna break up with her for no reason at least keep it real and tell her your dumbass wants to fuck other bitches until you realize there's very little difference between them all (physically)

Op do you know how much Id give to be in your situation. just because it's your first proper, doesnt mean you should just end it. It's it's not meant to be, it'll end. Otherwise it won't. Im not sure why you want to break it off if nothings happensd

I don't necessarily think she'll defo regress, and in many ways i Think I might enable her depression, given that she can just hang out with me and do nothing else. The depression has caused issues for me aswell, shes basically damanded all my attention my first term in uni and as a result I havent really made many real friends and have fallen behind alot with my work load. It feels like a selfish decision but at the same time it can't go on like this.

other's happiness is not your responsibility. You gotta do what's right for yourself no matter what my dude.

I don't think anyone who is depressed is healthy to be in a relationship anyway, you either ball up your feelings and hurt your partner, or you become over reliant on them and bring them down with you, people with depression need time to care about themselves rather than others before the hole gets too deep.

OP you are a retard

Never stick your dick in crazy. Get the fuck outta there

I do see a future but I dont think i can properly pursue it unless I know for sure, at this point its just prolonging the inevitable, I thought it over for a couple months

BTW these commenters are retards lol, you guys realise if he marries this girl he's gonna be wondering about this shit till the day he dies. Not to mention she's depressed lol, depression + relationships don't mix well, do the right thing, OP.

Thats basically been my thinking from the start, so I tried to not let her be too reliant on me, but its hard to say no when you live in the same city and shes in tears

Lets do some qualification via a google search:
Reasons:
-Boredom
-Falling out of love
-Disrespect
-Manipulative relationship

Try to nail these (or others) down in a written format.

Now write a list of benefits from the relationshit.

If the good outweighs the bad then we can proceed to when and where this breakup should occur.

>have fallen behind alot with my work load

well thats a fucking reason. not that other garbage you were saying about its my first relationship.

>I don't think anyone who is depressed is healthy to be in a relationship anyway
yes, but so many people are on meds
>people with depression need time to care about themselves
easier said than done

She also used to push me at the start of the relationship, being one of the most out going people i knew, and thats a large part of what attracted me to her, but since the depression, thats aspects basically disintegrated. I feel bad for judging her for that though because I know underneath she's still the out-going person I fell in love with, shes just going through a rough patch.

But again, even with all this, I do still love her

Thanks for this guys, it's helping alot

shameless self bump

Just be careful man, you sound pretty understanding already but don't hesitate to do some serious research about depression, find some old threads about dealing with depression in a relationship.

Depression is anything but a rough patch and the sooner she builds some momentum and breaks out of that shithole the better. She needs to get on antidepressants, surround herself with friends and family, do some hardcore exercise. and praise the lawddd!

Reinforce her if you want but don't act as a crutch, as soon as she finds a place where she can be weak and rely on others she'll keep returning and lose the motivation to fix herself.

I don't mean to be over dramatic but I just hope she has a plan, some girls nowadays just wallow in it and live under the delusion that any dose of idealistic love will bring them out of it, but it doesn't man, the shadow only gets bigger!!!

Man, depression is fucked up.

shes on them already, I got her to go to the doctors, and shes got a day schedule and is sticking to it, times to wake up, eat, exercise. Breaking it only when she goes on a night out, which i figure is alright seeming as socializing is an important factor

Wow, props to that... Tough break though, I don't know how I'd break up with her in that situation lol