How do I motivate myself to do anything?!?!

How do I motivate myself to do anything?!?!

>be me
>20
>fat as fuck
>single
>shitty as dirty room
>lives at home
>college drop out
>no friends
>no job
>thyroid disorder
>just sleep and play video games

I can't even find motivation to an hero, my life feels like it's never going to change. i don't even care if I'm alone but I at least want to motivate myself to get up before 3 pm, but nothing seems to help. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7t4xwKlUr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sort yourself out bucko

I've tried and it never works, there's no point anyway, can't drink if I'm dead

Make a friend, motivate each other and hold one another accountable.

There's a good chance you're worse than an Indian at this point user. Embrace it and shit on the floor.

I don't know how to care enough to, I don't even leave my bed most days or even eat, I'm not even sure how I'm so fat

Enjoy the NEET life.
But seriously, just go for a full 24hours without sleep and then go to bed in a reasonable time (9-10pm), you should be able to get up fairly early. Since you enjoy games try and visit local viewing parties/LANs to talk to people with similar interests. Hell, get Pokemon GO if you want to burn some calories but find running boring af

Any "friends" I've made have ended up using me or not really caring about me at all, people in general suck.
Considered it!

Make your bed every time you wake up

I live in a town of 200, there's not even a pokestop. I've tried the staying up all night thing too, but I always just end up staying up super late again a month later.

That's a good start, I'll start with this one. Usually I just sit in bed all day anyway, but I hope it'll help with something.

Well don't give up you silly nigger, you have to keep on trying until you find one.

Then since you live in a small town just make small 10-15 minute routine walks. In the end of each just do something to mark it, engrave a line in a tree or anything you can come up with so that you see some progress each day. Chances are you aren't getting enough vitamin D which makes you feel like shit so the sunlight will help

I don't even see the point in trying. Anyone I try to make friends with either just takes advantage of me or just tries to fuck me over, I feel like there isn't a point.

walking is a good idea too. I'm just really self conscious about how fat I am so going out always makes me feel worse, maybe night walks is a good idea though.

No bitch. For real. Tear it down to bare mattress. The next step is knowing when your shit is dirty and when to wash it. Get some structure in your life. Do all the things you need to do and find room for improvement in the empty space.
Source: I used to be a betafag, but I've since earned a college degree, live in my own house, and make 24USD/hr

I just don't even know where to begin to get better though, most days I don't CARE if I get better and it sucks. I know I want to live, I know I want to be happy, but some part of me also knows I've never TRUELY been happy, so I'm scared to be. I try to wash my sheets every week, but some times I don't because family gives me shit any time I go inside. I don't have any money or anything to move out though, and I can't find a job in my town because no place is hiring, and if they are, they require a license (which I don't have.)

Look man, you're going to have to wade through a lot of dicks to find someone worth your time. Clearly it will be worth it, because by definition, they will be someone worth your time.
Perseverance.

Just make conscious little efforts to better yourself. Make your bed in the morning sure, go on night walks sure, maybe try to make a salad for lunch. Try to limit your food intake, like maybe have a salad instead of a sandwich, balsamic instead of ranch. It's the little things that make a greater whole user

Should I stop looking though and wait for it to happen? The closest thing I have right now to a "friend" is an ex who pretty much just uses me to get his dick wet, but it's the only interaction I get with people.

I'm mostly not choosing what I'm fed because no money. I really only eat one meal a day, which I know is not helping and making me fatter lol

Considering the size of your town you shouldn't give two shits about your weight when going out. The worst that will happen someone will make a joke about you in their mind and go on with their day, forgetting about you in less than an hour. The good thing about being at the bottom is that you can't get any lower, so just add routine and structure to your life as your anons suggested and go out there

No. Learn from your mistakes and be a better judge of character moving forward, keep looking.

was replying to . Deleted because autocorrect. Bit for real OP, start small. One Lego at a time. A marathon is ran by taking one step after the other, or some shit. Just stop worrying about where you're going to be and think of what will make you better in the moment

I guess I more so know what I need to do to get better, but how do I motivate myself to do it? I'll think about it and then just not care enough if I'm happy or not and just repeat the cycle. How do I stay on track, how do I MAKE myself get better?

shit nigga ill be your friend where do you live

1. Get a gym membership
2. Change to a Keto diet
3. For the love of fucking god, don't do aerobics. Practice weight lifting. You can do the machines if you're starting.
4. DON'T IMITATE MOST OF THE DUDES AT GYM. Fuck sets, fuck reps. What you do is figure out the form, find out the max you can do with said form, and lift 'till failure. One smooth motion for extending to the flexed position, a slower, and controlled, movement to right before the weight goes back on the stack.

Your muscles get bigger by being torn up and being rebuilt. You're not tearing as much muscle if you're letting gravity and momentum lift part of the weight for you.

4. Switch to a keto diet. Switch to a keto diet. Switch to a keto diet.

5. Get some ritalin or adderall. You probably have ADD.

6. Do weight lifting. It's a lot easier than you think. As I said, don't be intimidating with the retards trying to fast rep fucking bicep curls or trap lifts. Just focus on form and its control and putting more weight (visually).

I feel like there's no one in my town left though. Without my ex, I have no one to talk to. Not old enough to go to bars or anything, not that I have money to either way. I already know everyone in this town and they all dislike me, and I don't know why.

That's good advice too. I guess I'm just so worried about the be-all-end-all that I don't ever really live in the moment.

The first steps are always hard, find a way to treat yourself for anything that you achieve. Make short term goals that aren't too hard to meet but you are usually just lazy to do. Find any job that isn't too tiring or stressful for a start since it teaches you a lot about discipline and you will have some bux to spend on games as well

Oregon coast

No gym in my town, but I can work out with what I have at home. I also don't know that I want to bulk up, but that's a personal preference. I have bipolar medication that I take, but I don't feel like it works half the time.

you motivate yourself by knowing that people will be impressed that you took the initiative to improve yourself. When someone says have you lost weight its an awesome feeling. GO to a gym, if youre nervous that people will judge you by walking, nobody will judge you there, because youre there to improve yourself and your showing people that you are willing to put in work. Get to know people at a gym, even if its the ripped dude, hell be more than happy to give you pointers, not everyone is a chad.

You've got to have something to push against. If it's the state of the world thats got you mad use that. If your uncomfortable use that. Thing iswhat you do definitely need is a vision for how you want things to be. Something to aim for. You're biggest advantage is time seeing as your 20, so don't be afraid to try different things. Or feel any huge rush to sort things out, be open minded and say yes to ideas. Even if you feel it might not work out at your age you've got time.

What do I do if there's nowhere to work though? Work online? I feel like most of those jobs are kinda sketch and I feel too young/uneducated to do anything right.

No gym where I live, but I'm really intimidated by gyms anyway.

>fat as fuck
>thyroid disorder

Dude, get off your ass. Your "thyroid disorder" is the fucking 2 liter bottles in the fridge.

Doesn't matter, keep trying and get creative. Stop thinking about shit so much in advance, you're ruining everything and missing out on the experience of actually doing thing.
Be spontaneous.

I feel like I don't have opportunities to try new things where I'm at though, and I don't really have a way to get out either. I feel like most of my issues stem from just living in a shitty town with my shitty parents, but I don't have a way out.

I'm an Oregonfag. Oregon coast is fun to visit but shit place to live. Have you considered the usual Oregon coast past time of meth?

why would you be intimidated by gyms, people go there to get healthier or swole, swole bois arent all chads in fact they'd LOVE to be friends with you at the gym and have you swole too so they have another swole boy in the crew,

start saving up and move it sounds as though your hometown is making you depressed

I have a hyperactive thyroid disorder and I don't drink soda.

I am very bad at being spontaneous kek. How do I get better at that?

You sure there aren't any positions as a cashier/car washer etc because those always seem to be needed? If there really is nothing you can work you can try teaching in any of the online sites that chinks and other foreigners use to learn english and actually get paid for it. I haven't really looked and online jobs but I'm sure there are anons that are competent and can help you out with that

It's shitty for sure. Don't know any way to get it, but never interested me anyway.

I can't be a swole boy, and I don't want to timestamp. I really do want to move out of here, but I have no way pf saving up anything. Do I just go beg for money for a start? My parents won't help me at all

One gas station in my town and I know they aren't hiring. Online stuff isn't bad, just haven't really looked into it too much.

Bro, an overactive thyroid makes people skinny as twigs. Stop fooling yourself and go for a walk.

When you find yourself starting to think about doing something, stop and immediately go do it. Don't procrastinate yo.
Everyone has plenty of little thoughts that go through their head, decide to just immediately go for some of them rather than debating about it.

What's the nearest big city? You gotta get out that town for sure, once you have enough saved up I'd head there. I wouldn't wven have a plan just go for it, you might have to work a ahitty job or sit on welfare for a while but $2000 or less should be enough. Even if things go tits up your young and that seems to be your only advantage right now so make good use of that. Remember right now you fot time dude.

*got time.

Just a joke about meth. At least you have legal weed to look forward to in a year. Maybe try that and see if you can regulate your diet better by smoking

I can find lab results of my low TSH if you would like.

That's good advice I'll take for sure, thank you so much

Eugune, but it's 3 hours away and I don't have a car or license. Also don't qualify for welfare, I've tried, which sucks.

I've considered it, I'm allergic to cigarettes though, so weed has always intimidated me too. I like to drink but I know it just makes me fatter.

Sounds like you really need to change locations then, you just have to make money. The good thing is you have time on your side since you are young, even if it takes you a year you should be able to make enough money from any work your neighbours need done or the online stuff

No problem, I always had a problem with motivation myself to be honest, not giving myself time to talk myself out of things has really been helpful.

I haven't even thought about asking neighbors. I really do feel trapped where I live right now.

Man you live in a beautiful state dude. Id be out hiking all the time.

But ain't there a bus station in your town. Your gonna have to find a way to get out of that town. I mean shit dude do you have any money or someone who'd drive you. Your going to need a least $1000 to skip town and skipping town is what you nees to do to make shit happen. You gotta throw caution to the wind dude or you ain't making it. If shit goes wrong it'll probably be good for you. There really is no risk for you, you got nothing to lose.

Yeah, It's something I can't say I've ever thought of doing.

So far it looks like I need to make myself be more spontaneous, make myself clean up, take things one day at a time, make myself exercise, and try to find some people who aren't so toxic, all which seem like simple enough things, but things I wouldn't have been able to think of on my own lol.

Oregon is beautiful. I live right on the beach so I go out there a lot, I guess not enough though. No bus station in my town. I have 6$ in my bank account and no friends. I feel like I have nothing to loose either, I want a change, I just have been struggling to get to it.

Please do. An overactive thyroid produces an excess of Thyroxine, which speeds up your metabolism above normal. I have yet to meet an obese person with a fast metabolism. I do retract my statement about you not having a thyroid disorder, but you may be confusing overactive and underactive.

If you feel like it add me on discord, I know an online friend isn't that much, but it's still a start
Belbezzab#5966

Whoops, accidently tagged

Well in my expertise, you just need to find someone you really find attractive, cut their head off and put it on your desk to look at, fuck, or to gather more friends by showing it off to them.

Tbh dude you have a pretty good attitude. Most threads like this OP shoots any and every solution down and they embrace helplessness. So long as your looking for something and struggling to an extent you'll find something if you keep it up.

Good luck dude.

Nope! Was diagnosed with Grave's disease, been taking Methimazole for a few years now, but it still fluctuates up and down a lot. TSH is really low, which means it runs the opposite. Low TSH means more thyroid hormone. Here's one from October.

Knock that thyroid shit off your list, there's your motivation

I think I might get some looks for that, but it just might work...

Thanks, I'm trying to stay positive, but it just sucks a lot sometimes. I just need to ask for help, there's no shame in that.
Thank you!

Where are you from?

Check'd. And Oregon Coast

i've seen worst OP, for example...

>in 30's college graduate
>work two well paying jobs
>lives with parents
>parents take care of everything (cooking, cleaning, laundry, food, bills)
>pay for nothing other wants
>have child that taken care by parents to the point of entitlement
>constantly complain and tantrums if demands arent met (both child and 30 something year old)

For more context: I was really skinny most of my life, but with starting different medications for all sorts of things and with getting older I've gained a lot of weight. My TSH fluctuates a lot, I know I'm due for more blood work that I haven't gotten yet.

Well, that's the spirit.

Now chipper up, and get out there, be positive.

If fails... well you can always join a military branch, or sell a kidney for 26K.

I'm sure there are people who have much worse situation than I though, and I don't want to discredit any of them. I just don't know how some people can just wake up in the morning and have motivation to do anything, I just sit in bed until I get nauseous from hunger.

Kidney is not a bad idea, one of mine is already destroyed though. Military isn't a bad idea either, I'll think of that one for sure. Thank you!

No problem.

where do you live?

my point was, that you can have the world handed to you and still be an extremely shitty person (even if you have the outward appearance of something else) so, don't be so hard on yourself...start with one thing and go from there and if that doesnt work than try something else and it really it doesnt have to be a grand thing just something that interests you may even something you have to work at.

Look into the Job Corps program. There are three centers around you.

It's a free government program and you can receive training in anything from office work to manual labor, plus some centers offer automotive, firefighting, security work and etc.
They will find you a job when you graduate too. (Doesn't have to be in any specific trade, just any job that you want)
Depending on the center you can even live in the dorms.

I was in a similar position too, family moved to another state and I didn't know anyone here for about 4 years until I decided it was worth a shot. Made a bunch of friends, and if you're not too autistic it's easy to get layed.

I'm But what said. Worry less about shit that hasn't happened and instead think of where you are now. Do the shit that makes you happy RIGHT NOW

How do I keep myself interested? I'll always start up a new hobby for about a week and then get tired of it and move on, how do I keep focused on it?

Job Corp isn't a bad idea. Not too worried about getting laid though, but I get what you mean.

What do I do if I feel like nothing will make me happy? kind of pertains to

Rock hounding is a nice hobby that not only gets a bit of exercise in, but you can make a decent profit from it too. If that's something you might be interested in. Rock/gem/mineral clubs are usually pretty cheap to join, and they go on trips together pretty often, which could help you get to know other people. You need transportation though.

Maybe look into getting a pet. Some birds can easily be GOAT pets, especially if you're a lonely sort that doesn't get out much. They like to cuddle, speak and learn new things.

I have a pet hedgehog! I love her but she is really dependent, as hedgehogs are. I've always wanted a bird, but my parents would kill me if I got another pet especially when i don't have money.

Budgies run around $20, are one of the best speakers surprisingly, and can be as cuddly as a cockatiel. You can sometimes find them for free or cheap on Craigslist, with cage and all too.
As with all pet birds, they need a lot of attention and can easily die from things like teflon coating on pots/pans, aerosols and etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=q7t4xwKlUr8

They're so cute, I probably need my own place first or hell will freeze over if my parents see it