What went wrong??

What went wrong??

It had a good setup, a good cast, an interesting premise and even Whedon was less obnoxious in 1997. How did it dud?

Other urls found in this thread:

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Walmart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It had a good setup, a good cast, an interesting premise

But it had none of those things

Whedon's script is garbage. Absolutely nothing could salvage that.

I'll agree with all of this except the cast. Nearly everyone in this is good in other films/shows. They just don't gel in this.
>I hate resurrection with a passion.

The ship itself is the only thing that makes this stand out. And the 2000 video game.

>the tie in video-game is leagues ahead of the film it was based on

>And the 2000 video game.
my nigra

the main thing that went wrong with this film was that french fried faggot director, attempting to make artsy scenes in a horror/action flick, the edgy faggot

the script fucking sucked

>interesting premise

What even is the premise?

>we've captured and bred xenos
>now they're loose and pissed off lmao

>good setup

Ridley gets cloned, WITH ALL HER MEMORIES

You're an idiot

Rude t-b-h

I kind of agree that it was an interesting premise. We could have had the opportunity to see what WY actually wanted to do with the xenos, instead we got some weird ass scientist falling in love with them

Sorry princess

I don't know what it was like at the time, but this movie felt like a big cockslap in the face after watching and enjoying the first three.
Just such a major thematic change, Alien does not feel right when it's bright, quippy and over the top.

this.

the guy who ran the station (can't be fucked looking it up) .. when the alien stuck its jaws through his chest, he wiggled his eyebrows like fucking Groucho Marx. dreadfully over-acted.

>Michael Wincott set up as protagonist
>Get hyped because hes a great character actor and i want to see him lead a film
>Literally the first guy to die
That pissed me off more than anything

when the newborn starts chasing you and you can't kill it is genuinely spoopy.

This.
Video games are better than movies anyway.

It was obviously set up to get a reaction from people who expected him to survive but his death was pathetic. I felt that character wouldn't be that stupid.

For me the reason I hate this and to an extent alien 3 is you don't have sympathy for the characters. These people stole frozen people for the scientists to use to breed aliens. Bastards deserve death, same as the rapists/murderers and pedos in 3.

You know, I feel the same way. I just can't give a shit about a prison full of retards, and a ship full of shitheads (and Ron Perlman).

In the novelization, Weyland-Yutani was bought out by Wal-Mart.

lolwut

I'm not even meme-ing. But Whedon probably was.

Yeah there was a very negative feeling watching his corpse be used the way it was for "muh wnba ridley" to take out first xeno.

jesus christ
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Walmart

it was doomed the moment they decided to go with the retarded clone idea.

then they hired le whimsical french guy...

>Ridley gets cloned, WITH ALL HER MEMORIES
what is it with the alien universe and its staggering ignorance towards how gentics work? first this, then the engineers-humans-100%-identical-DNA bullshit in prometheus. are they deliberatly seeding misinformation?

Not even survive the whole movie, but at least have had some business to do besides worshipping that chicks ass in that one scene.

3, 4 and the AVP films should have never existed. It should have gone from 2 into a film focusing on captured specimens being tested yada yada yada but based on earth and ending with their escape. Then fast-forward in the 4th film to a distant future of a post-apocalyptic world over-run with Xenos and small factions of survivors. In all honesty I wouldn't even mind if they eradicated mankind and that was the end. I get bored of "the hero being the last to survive or save mankind". Fucking kill them all, worked in REC.

>Resurrección

Didn't he get struck in the head, pull out a chunk of his own brain, and give it a goofy look before dying?

Yup. The exact point when I knew this film was fucked.

that disabled faggot is easily one of the worst characters in any movie ever.

Vries/Johner broing is out was the best part.

This is the exact point the movie took a turn for the shitter.

Just... wow

S H A R T I N
P
A
C
E

Avp 2 on steam when?