"However, there were some negatives...

>"However, there were some negatives. Critics found the Marvel sense of humour out of place with some of the film’s darker tones, while others found issue with yet another origin story."

So basically it's another quip movie. Why do people laud how marvel handles the tone of their humour when clearly every joke is misplaced and it's the weakest part of their films

>quip movie
>reddit movie
>meme movie

Sup Forums retard discussion starter pack

>yet another origin story

They need to do fewer of these but Strange is definitively a character and premise that normies will need to be eased into.

Why Marvel movies are so unimaginative in dialogue construction

>why do people laud how marvel handles their tone and humour

Same reason they lauded TFA, people are dumb and Disney 'buy' good reviews

Origin stories are only bad when you have an established character with a lore that has long been in the public's eye like Batman or Superman.

Mixing in jokes with dark humor can be a crap shoot though.

Exactly. Also, surgeon becoming a wizard is something I'd like to see. It's not exactly "relative(s) killed - wtf I fight crime now".

>be WB
>Own rotten tomatoes
>still get btfo with reviews
Being a DCuck is suffering.

>while others found issue with yet another origin story

Seems like a dumb criticism. Real magic hasn't even been introduced in the MCU movies, just advanced alien tech. You can't just have some dude show up in a cloak and be like "he's a wizard." Need a little context.

MARVEL BTFO

LOGAN KINO

>complaining about an origin story

Imagine if Strange had been introduced in Civil War instead of Black Panther. I imagine people would be bitching about all the "inception style shit" out of nowhere.

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?

>reddit filename
Bye reddit!

Stale pasta

Always relevant.

Always.

Kill yourself

So.. what were the other reviewers opinion?

cunt

>complaining about an origin story for a character that never had it told

Not legitimate criticism

It is when they all play out by the same conventions.

factory style production

>while others found issue with yet another origin story

Bit of a silly complaint. It's worded as if those professional reviewers went into the movie totally not expecting that it'll introduce Doctor Strange and how he became to be what he is.

Pure comedy gold xD

ugh

please b fake

>the Marvel sense of humour
Top kok, even the critics are getting sick of it.

Things OP forgot to mention were that reviewers were enamored with the visuals, the fights and Cucumberpatch's performance as Strange. Script was predictable, characters were outstanding, soundtrack was noteworthy.

Just what I expected, even when Marvel have good characters and good visual direction they can't help but make the story bland and include unfunny jokes to ensure the series stays mediocre.

If your pasta uses the exact same verb four times, it's not good pasta.

Like a hot summer sidewalk.

imgur's filenaming convention falsely attributed to reddit. Oh lordy the lack of knowledge here can only be matched by Sup Forums's Trumpeters or DCEU fans negging on the MCU.

Truly doth Sup Forums provideth the humour.

I don't have the luxury to worry about this marvel "capeshit" as you call it. I worry about real endeavors such as paying the rent and putting food in my kids stomach. I work 2 part-time jobs and have a destructive gambling addiction that nobody will help me with! I only come on Sup Forums to distract me from gambling online. I have REAL PROBLEMS.

Its from a trailer, no

blame da jews
join us

It can't possibly be as bad as IM3 or Thor 2, not with based Mads, ILM, Giacckino.

It just can't.

>tfw nobody laughed in my theater

they don't cater to neck-beards with unhealthy movie obsessions

Not sure what people expect from a MCU movie, an origin story on top of it. There won't be sudden tonal shifts as long as its placed in that universe and the structure of an origin story will always roughly walk the same path. Hell, Deadpool tried to mix it up and even then people complained.

Meme movies deserves meme discussion

IM3 was the best Iron Man.

I got a sensible chuckle from it.

Is it too late for me?

holy shit you're seething :^)

im gonna drink that bear's peepee