Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/living
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there are only 2 genders.
Male and property.

Genetically speaking hermaphrodites exist

Gender is about outward presentation/expression, and as such exists as a spectrum. Sex is also considerably more varied than most people are willing to acknowledge, being that a person can have XX, XY, XXY, X, and a few other permutations of the "sex" genes.

/thread
fuck off tumblr cunt

>knowing this little about human biology
Why even live?

>Gender is about outward presentation/expression
I thought we were moving away from locking genders into certain behaviors. If a girl likes to play football and video games, is she less of a ''girl'' (in your definition girls don't exist) than other girls?

Why can't we just be male/female with different personalities?

Gender is not performative. That is, the things you do and enjoy have nothing to do with your gender, regardless of how other people may perceive them. The way you express your gender is not necessarily tied to your biology, nor is it causally tied to your actions or interests (with the exception being explicit statements of gender expression). Also, it's not accurate or meaningful to use the terms male and female in regards to gender.

there is man
there is women

boy/girl

there is only two

fuck you and you 200 gender mental illness bullshit , get help

Sounds like someone is nervous that their peepee got hard from seeing a trap lol

i honestly do not care. now fuck off.

"gender" uses the root "gen".

late Middle English: from Old French gendre (modern genre ), based on Latin genus ‘birth, family, nation.’ The earliest meanings were ‘kind, sort, genus’ and ‘type or class of noun, etc.’ (which was also a sense of Latin genus ).

go ahead and make up whatever you want but the term "gender" means what's between your fucking legs.

>claims not to care
>cares enough to come and respond to the thread
what even is logic

that would be "sexual preference".

i like this:

scat.gold/2017/04/17/mfx-video-shit-eating-group-scat/

does it define my gender?

>reaching this far into etymology instead of using contemporary definitions
Language is a living thing, user

There's either male or female, or in some EXTREMELY rare circumstances both, I say each to their own and I will respect somebody who earns my respect regardless of what gender they are/or want to be, but I won't be forced to pretend you're the opposite gender of what you obviously are, especially if you put zero effort into looking like that gender.

But user, there is no biological basis for gender.

So what happened to gay dudes who just dressed like chicks? You're still a guy, just dressed up lol.

The only thing that actually pisses me off about all of this is the fact that the vast majority of ordinary people have no idea what these kind of buzzwords/phrases mean, I know you're obviously saying it ironically but you see people getting airtime on national media spewing shit like that as if half of the population even cares.

That's a pretty disingenuous statement. Some guys do like to do that (drag queens, etc) but that has nothing to do with the gender identity of another person.

>implying i'm anything but serious
It's true user, there actually IS no biological basis for gender. Trying to say that there is such a thing is the first step on a very slippery slope.

except gender identity is completely superficial in any case. the closest a "trans woman" can get to being an actual woman is by wearing a woman's clothes and makeup. just thinking "I really feel like Im a woman inside" doesnt mean thing, and in thinking that way and demanding that others see you as such is a slap in the face to actual biologically female women who have to deal with everything that entails, biologically and culturally, with no choice in the matter.

No, end of discussion.

lets go to a chicken farm and ask the sorters how much outward expression there is in seperating the genders

If gender identity is superficial, then what's the difference between a biological female having a feminine gender expression and a biological male having one? If it's superficial regardless, then there's no such thing as a "trans" woman compared to a cis woman.

>gender = sex
Yeah nah
Your opinion lacks nuance

Girl/female/woman do have a biological truth to it though. Its not something you can choose, nor is it an identity or a clothing style.

Why do trans women cut their penis off? To resemble the biological gender. To say there is no biological basis for gender is just wrong.

>Gender is about bla bla bla
Here's your goodguy pioneer, user. Enjoy being a follower to such a lovely fella. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

Trans women don't all decide to have surgery, in fact, most of them don't. And while it is true that gender is a little more rigid than say a change of clothing, that doesn't mean there's rigidity in the ways people are allowed to express themselves.

>Language is a living thing
No, retard, humans are living things and are changing definitions to fit certain agendas. No surprise you do the same thing like your masters.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/living

>I disagree with the definition you pulled from MW, therefore, here's MY definition from the same source!
Nice logic user

ITT: Art school student tries to apply xer education to people
>Art is on a spectrum
>Gender is on a spectrum

Then why do they get breast surgery? Why do they take hormones? Its because they want to be the biological female. Everything about gender is tied to biology.

I agree that people should be free to express themselves, but to categorize their way of expressing themselves as a ''gender'' is counter-productive, when all its doing is reinforcing gender stereotypes.

/thread

Fuck off you cuck tumblr soyboy.

Joke's on you, I'm a straight white man
HRT is not an essential or mandatory part of the trans experience. HRT is only used as a treatment for Gender Dysphoria, which is a mental illness in the DSM. Please note that Transgenderism itself is NOT the illness here, it's part of the treatment.

right but VERY rarely, like more rare than albinos

not in the way that liberals want you to believe like there are 8 genders and equal amounts of people in all of them