It's another "Feels" episode

>it's another "Feels" episode
Why did Futurama try to push so many of these in its later years?

Because they were good at it and Fry needed purpose

never watched the comedy central revival episodes. I saw a couple of them when they just started to air and they seemed to revolve around pop culture nonsense and lacked the timelessness of the original run. The "Susan Boil" one stands out as being particularly bad.

Because the parody/satire episodes made no fucking sense in a show based in the future and they knew it

The first couple were super successful so they decided to rest on their laurels just like the Simpsons

There's only like 7 or 8 of them. It's not even that much.

new writers trying to see if they could come up with stuff as good as the old writers had. they were trying to one up them.

honestly the one with Fry's Mom felt tacked on and out of place. It felt like the setup for it was incredibly flimsy, almost like they had two separate ideas but had to mash them together due to either schedule conflict or because they knew they were getting another cancelation.

They wanted an Emmy after losing to King of the Hill one year.

The show was close to ending.

>"Hey, people liked the one with the dog. Let's make more like that!"

Futurama has some good episodes and fun stuff but, at the same time, it also has a lot of unwatchable shit episodes.

because people clamored over the emotional episodes, and the new writers ran with the meme, which destroyed any of the authenticity of those episodes

>Why did Futurama try to push so many of these in its later years?

Because these were usually regarded generally as the show's best episodes by the series' fans and viewers?

Futurama uses a special kind of humor to deal with modern problems and issues. But it also has character development, good story(although goofy) and is very well written.

The feels episodes are made to give the characters more depth and make us sympathize with them more, more "human" if you will. Also they are a welcomed break from the general comedy and goofiness of the show.

but in the first seasons they were rare. new seasons tried to inauthentically cram in feels almost every episode

>new seasons tried to inauthentically cram in feels almost every episode

That's a bit of a stretch isnt it?

Wat?

The biggest point of the show was that even though we live in the future, we still suffer from arcane problems.

People on social media kept talking about how the original 'feels' episodes were so great because it made them feel things, so they just kept doing it.

>it's a Lisa and Homer are drifting apart episode
Do they still have those?

Do they of course they do and Bart now as well.

Bart drifting apart from Homer? What the shit, they're both retarded, don't tell me Bart is "maturing" now

I wish there were more during the earlier seasons, Futurama was one of the few shows that have made me cry.

People liked the earlier ones and comedy central was trying to pander.

It was probably easier than having to make clever jokes every few seconds. It also worked pretty well because retards actually think the one with the dog was actually the greatest episode, as if plenty of episodes from the later and worst seasons didn't clearly surpass it by actually being witty.

>it's a Homer and Marge are having martial problems episode because Homer has done something really bad this time
That's not even a joke. They've done this way too many fucking times.

> those forced feels episodes
> that forced leela and fry relationship
so fuckin mad that those took up so much of the series

because you guys literally wouldn't shut up about 'muh feels'. god forbid they pander to you spergs.

I rewatched the What If episode with the video games segment. Man, this show aged like a bad newgrounds flash

The show lost its way well before the god awful movies and reboot.

They barely even left earth, and just dealt with endlessly recurring side characters.

Smart jokes and new situations exchanged for the return of Donbot for the 5th time, remember Donbot? You like Donbot right?

Cardboard cutout cartoon sitcom simulator #4.

This.

The fact they pulled that shit in the movie like it wasn't something they'd already done 20 times was ridiculous.

Then it feels like they've done it 30x since.

>implying the video games references weren't aged as fuck when the show originally aired.

Those fucking "movies" are so awful even my parents think they suck.

Even ignoring how shitty the writing was on some of them they're only an hour and a half but they feel like they're 3 hours long because they're just 3 or 4 episodes stitched together.

emmy bait

The fucking aliens from Onicron Percei 8 or whatever it's called were the worst.

Abd fucking Nixon. Jesus Christ.

>"Hey Billy West does a funny Nixon impression, let's get him to do it for the next 14 years"

Because the "best" episodes rely on that. Don't get me wrong, I like Futurama, but they rarely produced a thoroughly good episode, the dog episode is regarded as one of the best, despite being boring for the most part, the ending tho is fucking great.

It's not the references, it's the jokes. I didn't even smile at any of it.

If you look at the timeline of events during 2000-2999 they sprinkled here and there in the lore, despite advancements in technology, culture regressed a thousand years due to alien invasions/second coming of Jesus/etc.

futurama is still funny af

Apparently, it was fresh enough to become the basis of a feature film starring Adam Sandler more than ten years later. You might not have heard of it.