The ride lasts forever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rQdx4kVQuBY&list=PLM7FMDZ7RDy4vQeK_wAHkUYO8A-Q9J5q9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Checking in.

Where my sharkys at?

have we met before?..

I got an idea for an app Sup Forums.

Mobile bandwidth caps, right? BS. But there's various ways of circumventing that - A mobile phone is capable of multiple methods of transceiving information - Optical, audio, WLAN, Bluetooth, FM radio even.

Would it be possible to run an FTP server that, at the server admin's demand, is capable of taking a stored file and broadcasting it in some kind of digital-like encoding on FM radio?

Like how oldschool tape drives used to work on C64 and Apple II and such - Digital information can be represented in some kind of Morse-code like format, and stored/transmitted in an audio form.

Of course, the bit rate would have to be insanely fast in order for it to have any real purpose, otherwise you would only be able to move small files that you might as well download over cellular.

But perhaps you could stream like a 2GB file overnight?

youtube.com/watch?v=rQdx4kVQuBY&list=PLM7FMDZ7RDy4vQeK_wAHkUYO8A-Q9J5q9
How old is all here?

In these threads? I don't believe formally, no.

I think radio waves that can cover large distances for this to be practical are very heavily regulated. At least, in the States they are.

well, its nice to meet you sir!

You as well, Stine!

i believe fm radios on android phones can't be accessed by the os or something. i know from when i had one, i could only use it to listen live through headphones

How far can a ham radio set signal out to?

Doesn't have to reach across half the world, just perhaps an island.

having a nice day?

In the States you also need to have a special license to operate HAM radios. And with those types, it all depends on how big an antenna you have.

A great day! Long weekend from work for the New Year, so drinking it up and enjoying lazing about. You?

Can the OS not record the audio that it outputs?

I realise that radio sphones require the headphones to be plugged in because it uses the headphone cable as an antenna, but as long as the OS can capture back the audio that it's putting out this should be software-wise feasible.

im just kinda lazing around, watching more youtube than i probably should..

you'd also need some way for sending data back to the ftp server so it can receive requests. and androids phones fm radio ain't gunna do that.

also no. i've never been able to find an app to record the radio let alone equalise it so it doesn't sound terrible. i think i've had one phone that was able to record the radio but i'm not sure that is was available to 3rd party apps.

Stop posting my intro you faggot.

nah.

Requests from mobile device to FTP can be done via regular mobile connection.

The intent is to be able to transfer the bulk of the data via FM - Small transfers like get requests can be done normally.

Heya Sloth.

Not me.

nice feet

Aw shit.

Fuck you.

Meet the new Sloth, same as the old Sloth

just plug an external radio into the microphone port (headphone/headset trrs jack). won't be pretty but you'll be able to record it lol.

TRRS jack is limited to only one incoming audio source...

I was hoping it was possible to abuse the stereo functionality of FM radio to provide doubled data transfer rate al la RAID0.

the cost of a license to broadcast an fm signal would probably outweigh the savings anyway. it'd be a fun garage project but wouldn't be cost effective as a serious alternative to mobile data.

it'd be interesting to see how fast the transfer rate would be though. dial-up was data over audio essentially, and it was slow as balls.

10 meter radio with an automotive type antenna can travel maybe 15 kilometers.
With no antenna other than what's inside a phone, probably less than 50 meters.
Plus the phone hardware would need to be able to transmit the signal.
I'm also basing that on 4watts of transmit power.
A phone would likely only do a few miliwatt,further reducing the distance dramatically.

Heyo GT.

Greetings Mer Hotshot.

In the USA, 11 meters is unlicensed.
10 meters requires a license, but it's free.

that's the whole point of using mobile data to send requests considering they'd be small unless you're uploading files.

my android phone can receive fm stations 100's of kilometers away so receiving a signal wouldn't be an issue.

>no dragons
C'mon guys

I don't have a whole lot of scalie in my collection.

All good, cuz I do

i got a bit, but tis enough!

what the fuck is going on in this picture

Dammit WT. Now I can't unsee that.

Maybe something like an upright Taur? I really don't know.

MMM... The things I'd do to be her dildo...

She has 4 arms. The angle makes it less apparent

Yeah, that's the likely conclusion.

Speaking of, any kinds of furs or scalies w/extra arms/limbs? Kind of a niche fetish of mine

You'd love taurs. I do not have any readily accessible in my collection.

anyone got any decent comics?

Hoof, I'm too inebriated to coordinate a comic posting currently.

That's a really shitty shop.

not my shop. didn't notice :)

Wow, the realism