Why is this movie so based?

Why is this movie so based?

Conservative ideology.

It's not, it's shit

Clearly, for its incredibly original premise.

Pic related, as it shows that my previous sentence is actually sarcasm.

>hurr it has clones that means it's a Moon ripoff

It obviously goes beyond that.

>incredibly original premise
thats a bullshit criticism.
At least, when you are so generous with the word "unorginal"

>which I'm not going to discuss

Fucking fool.

user, do you really want me to go into it? I would rather not. I actually somewhat enjoyed Oblivion, more than Moon certainly, but that doesn't mean it's not very derivative.

They really aren't alike enough in any way for this to be a genuine problem. I really liked both movies

>"a buzzwording buzzword"

How do you know how generous I am with that phrase? Were you able to hack my Sup Forums account and look at my posts?

Being derivative isn't the same as being a ripoff or carbon copy. If anything it's derivative of several movies and Moon is the least thereof, you fucking imbecile.

>They really aren't alike enough in any way for this to be a genuine problem
It depends what you mean by a "genuine" problem. I spotted the twist fairly early on in the film and I would have spotted it even earlier if I had seen Moon first. You can't really say, "It's an original premise," when Moon coming out makes that false.

>same as being a ripoff or carbon copy
I didn't say that.

>If anything it's derivative of several movies and Moon is the least thereof
I'm genuinely interested in this. Can you name any?

>you fucking imbecile.
This seems like it was unnecessary.

>I'm genuinely interested in this. Can you name any?

Independence Day. Matrix. Tron.

I based this on the post you made about the premise of Oblivion being the same as Moon.

Consider me a "fucking imbecile," but I don't see the similarities there at all, aside of course from the ending being very similar to Independence Day.

>Tron
As in the music, or the weapon design?

>Matrix
Because a black man tells him his world is a lie? That seems like a stretch.

I was calling it unoriginal to the extent that it seems to be derivative of Moon, not really in style, but certain aspects that go beyond homage or naturally reoccurring ideas.

Yes, that came through. But I think thats just a generous use of the word "unoriginal". Both movies have a clone as the protagonist. Thats about it. They dont even explore the psychological implications in avery similar way or have very similar themes.

It wasn't. It relied entirely on mood-setting and atmosphere and when it started moving away from that, it became generic dogshit.

You know what would've been "based"? The original mission as stated. They're just there to drain the planet and then join the rest of humanity on Titan or whatever. Just a slice of life in post apocalyptic Earth. Complete with more sex in the watchtower swimming pool, some flying around and doing droid maintenance and maybe investigating some old ruins.

No aliens, no surviving humans, no TET, no mystery wife, no twists, MAYBE some tension in the tower from feeling so isolated and pondering about the future (both for themselves and humanity), but ultimately ending with them having hot make-up sex with Tom bending that ginger bitch naked over the railing overlooking the steep drop and fucking the shit out of her from behind, and eventually the two of them taking a shuttle to a ship in high orbit and traveling to their new home.

Don't even pretend you wouldn't give that a 10/10 GOAT rating.

Don't even pretend.

It was a forgettable flick.

Nothing special about it at all.

Based tom cruise has this issue of making shitty movies mediocre.

I wish he would star in mediocre movies and make them good again. Like Collateral.

>Thats about it.
No. They both have protagonists who assist in the gathering of resources, both are served by an AI who doesn't seem as if it can be trusted, both movies deal with a long lost wife, both are clones made specifically for the purpose of gathering resources, both are made in areas isolated from civilization.

Also, the twist is that they're clones, and there's another twist that relates to his wife.

Childhood is thinking the movie is good, adulthood is realizing Cruise makes any movies good.

because Edge of tomorrow was such shit and this was much more interesting

>because Edge of tomorrow was such shit
This. I liked Oblivion so much better. I don't know what people see in that movie.

they are blinded by emily blunt and suckers for the time travel element which just ends up being too cliche and exposition ridden for me. good on a first watch maybe but on a second im just not interested at all.

oblivion was more interesting to me, and was shot very well and directed pretty well

found the pleb. too easy

>I don't know what people see in that movie.
Other than characters, pacing and plot you mean?

edge of tomorrow was shit but surprisingly not because of cruise. Oblivion was shit because of cruise

>characters
yea emily blunt acting the same is great. even cruise due to the script is on autopilot
>pacing
zero tone progression
>plot
babby tier, seriously watch more films

Cruise is usually never the problem, im glad you agree that eot was shit.

why didnt you like him oblivion? not atoic or believable enough? i thought he was fine

stoic*

Are u actually functionally retarded? Id4 canyon dogfight and sending a bomb to the mothersgip

Sleek clean smooth designs of tron

Someone coming and upending ur perfect world view from tge matrix

I'd even say drone designs were reminiscent of star wars

Some of tge lone wandering was similar to I am legend especially talking to an inanimant object

Well it IS better than Moon

he was boring, no charisma, and he's in every shot

What's conservative about it?

I really enjoyed it, was a great blend of concepts from films like Moon, Wall-E, and even Portal (think they used the voice actress from it but even in the prop design, very Apple, sterile white, was very fresh).

Plus based Tom can carry any film.

This.

>I Am Legend

Good call, that too.

What the fuck?

idk id thata his problem or how it was written directed, lots of shots with no lines if i remember

I don't get how you can hate this movie because it takes ideas from a bunch of other movies. It does its thing really, really well and is entertaining and well made and well written all around. You can say it's a little unoriginal but that doesn't make it shit.

>gathering of resources
Tom Cruise is more of a secruity guy

>AI who doesn't seem as if it can be trusted
Gerty was very sympathetic, not sinister and never outright lied. It only kept certain informations a secret, because it was programmed that (and for plot progression)

>long lost wife
only oblivion does

But even if those points were true, that wouldnt make it useful to apply the term "unoriginal" here
By the same reasoning Terminator is a rip-off of Helloween.

I'd say that's all a coincidence, never did I think of any of those besides maybe the drones taking an aesthetic from the torture droid in a new hope

It is like you started to watch movies last year or something

>Tom Cruise is more of a secruity guy
I said he assisted in it. At least indirectly. I should also say both protagonists are concerned with repairing things.

>Gerty was very sympathetic, not sinister and never outright lied
Okay. He still comes across at least one point as unable to be trusted.

>only oblivion does
It turns out there is a long lost wife in Moon. Actually, it's Oblivion which it doesn't apply to because his wife is alive there, so I should say the there is there is importance placed on the wife of the person of whom the protagonist is a clone.

>Tom Cruise
>God Tier Cinematography
>God Tier Score
>God Tier Waifu

Becuase everything Kosinsky has done is Comfy as fuck.

Meh movies, but comfy. And I love me some comfy shit.

Really? This movie actually was very comfy. What's his comfiest/best movie?

Tron: Legacy, man. He has only directed two. Give it a try.

those teeth tho....

Not that user, i saw it in theaters completely meh

Oh. I might watch Tron: Legacy in its entirety one day, but like Lucas said, special effects without a story is a boring thing.

The first half of the movie was good.