Why do the movie writers hate him so much?

Why do the movie writers hate him so much?

They aren't creative and thus they can't write a character without gimmicks who has his shit together as interesting

Marsden or Cyclops? Cause both get dicked by writers.

Cause Wolverine hates him

Cyclops or James Marsden? For the former people don't bother to research anything about him other than his name and he's the leader, which must mean he's a boring stiff.

FFS they keep making his optic blasts set things on fire in the new movies

Cyclops

when he first showed up as Cyclops I hated him because he seemed like such a dbag. Now I feel bad for both Cyclops and Marsden. Hollywood just like to shit on them both.

It's easier to sell a movie on Wolverine than Cyclops. Think of how many movies have the on "bad ass male" lead than "stick to the rules male" lead. Fuck, even most comic writers tend to stick to that since it's easier.

Hey, comic writers hate him too.

>wife becomes evil god and dies
>daughter hates you
>when she gets same evil god powers everyone tries to kill her
>forced to kill the man who raised you when you had no choice
>get hated by everyone who cared about you for it
>Magneto eventually breaks you out of prison
>all of your former friends try to kill you
>get killed by Emperor Doom
>after timeline is restored and you come back, get killed hated and alone by savages in a forest

It's telling that Whedon of all people might have been one of three writers that didn't shit on Cyclops

If they in any way referenced the ABSOLUTE MAVERICK that he is in the comics now people would love him

>Be a strong, noble and resourceful leader of X-Men for decades.
>Wolverine's edginess becomes popular
>Time to shit on Cyclops.

his superpower is too strong to work in a movie setting

Idk about that. How is it more powerful than Storm, Magneto or Professor X?

it's either a giant laser that destroys everything in it's path or a giant laser that's weak for no reason is my take on it, storm and magnetos powers have limits built in but cyclops should destroy everything in movie logic.

Wolverine has been more interesting and iconic than cyclops since the 80s nigger

He's a conservative.

Its hard to do anything interesting with his powers, its just destruction.

Guys like Magneto, Prof. X, Storm even Wolverine can do alot of stuff with their powers.
Hell, even guys with similar powers like Havok seems to be able to do more.

Cyclops meanwhile only got shitty eyebeams that destroys stuff. Its hard to make it work, especially for a hero characters

Because his whole character is JEEEEEAAAAAAN

Cyclops is my favorite Xmen since the 90s animated series but in the movies he just sucks

+1

Fuck off manchild
>muh favourite superhero

Nah dudes, that's why i referred to the writers as being uncreative in this post He can do all kindsa shit with his beams as they aren't light energy, they're ambient energy from another dimension which he can tune to different frequencies to either nonlethal concussive blasts, or highly destructive constant crushing pressure. He can bounce them off shit too, and i'm pretty sure they have mass

Because fuck the X-Men it's all about Wolverine!

Comic books are for children. Manga is the patrician form of comics.