Prove to me I'm not the only real person and the rest of you aren't actors/philosophical zombies. I'll wait

Prove to me I'm not the only real person and the rest of you aren't actors/philosophical zombies. I'll wait.

bitch you better believe

shit he figured it out. quick let's kill him before he escapes.

dude, I thought I was the only one who thought of shit like this! have you ever wondered if the second you turn your back on people they morph back into their "normal state", then you look at them and they change back into humans?

Prove you aren't an actor

define "real" b4 posting such a request retard

What if my occupation is actor but I'm a real person?

This post was definitely generated by a russian bot. jk, the bots aren't that retarded

I think therefore I am.

Thinking you are the only real person and everyone else is an actor/philosophical zombies is philosophical garbage. You have the burden of proof, demonstrate that you are different and prove that we are in fact actors or zombies, dummy.

Nice, quoting philosophers, way smart my dude. (You are a fucking idiot, get outta here).

the simulation does this to save RAM. things only get rendered into reality when you look at them (get conscious of them), otherwise they cease to exist. basically reality is a giant mmorpg with you living in your own client of the game, so when you are interacting with someone else you are only seeing a shadow of his real self projected into your own reality client, but never his real self. you're the only real person in here, everyone else is a bot. now try to get to open the developer console and unlock cheat codes.

guess not XD too abstract for ya?

>actors/philosophical zombies
we're neither
rather instead we're mere interpretations of your brains means of idendifying an individual
tl;dr you're dreaming and we're the creatures you've dreamt of to keep you company

(you)'re not I from my perspective.

how the hell do I do that? my life is a fucking lie..

Stop

How do you know you are real and not an actor/zombie yourself?

Best answer so far.

Actors aren't real people? I mean, I saw a mediocre Robert De Niro movie with that premise, though of course the fake actress-character was played by a real actress.

who is asking the question .... who are you .... who/what is I ...

Why?

Wait guys... do I exist?

What if nothing we see is real and everyone we look at looks different when they look at them selfs.

GOD DAMNED NIGGERS

Everything is as it should be. Don't worry so much. In the end, you'll see everything put right.

you're missing the point

You are not wrong.
All of existence is just you [me] samefagging.

Well, at least I've been assured of my existence.

Touch my nose, I'm real

I've invented things you don't know about

they don't look at themselves. they are bots. you're all bots. I know your fucking endgame!!

Don't mind him, he's probably just a jew trying to brainwash us all. Joke's on OP though, my tinfoil hat is firmly on.

fuck you and fuck that top

As long as OP thinks about you.
So do something really, really BAD ... then OP will think about you all the time and you will never die.

Of course you exist. To think is to be. That doesn't mean you understand your full role in this reality.

what movie?

NIGGERS

Sorry, Al Pacino.

never even heard of it. is it worth watching? kek

I can't, same way you can't prove my imaginary (but not really imaginary) friend isn't real. However it's a lot more practical to believe that I and the rest of humanity are real, because most people act like they are.
It's the same response I give for the simulation scenario and god(s).

Shiny side out or shiny side in?

I dunno, I saw it when it came out and I barely remember it. It only sprang to mind because of the "how can actors be real if cameras aren't real?" OP.

these are only my psychotic thoughts on reality, and most probably not to be taken too serious, but who knows.

to "open up the developer console" of reality and get a glimpse at what hides behind the "GUI of reality" you have to trigger a special kind of psychosis (though that's just the psychiatric term for it).

I wouldn't really recommend this feat though.

NIGGERS RUINED AMERICA

I like you

so, smoke DMT until you're telepathically communicating with God?

OP, I need you to wake up. Please wake up.

I wouldn't involve drugs, at least I never did them.

Instead try mindfulness meditation, first training your skills at observing (your breath, then your thoughts and feelings), and then when you're really good at it, observing the one that observes, and shifting your conscioussness to the one that observes all this and becoming it. This can be a ticket to this wild ride.

And now for an exciting game of "Guess OPs sexual preference!"

I wondered this same thing, but the fact that you can search up facts on a scientific level and/or tests that you had no idea about before, and can conduct yourself to get the same result, shows that you are living in the same sphere as someone else. Also, alternate interpretations of an object/phrase is a clue, as well as other's prerogative to help/deny help in an emergency situation. There would be no need for variety in general, if everyone else was an actor/zombie. That would un-necessarily waste resource etc.

You could have just as easily been brought up in a world without all these options/choices, and you would be none the wiser, what would be the point of all this extra effort? It's still questionable though, but I think there are a multitude of subtle clues that work towards proving actual sentience among other beings.

End the simulation, take a knife and drag it across your throat, it is time for the dream to end, and as the only one free of the bonds of the simulation, only you can end it

Just so you know, an aluminum foil dome over the head may keep signals out from above, but the signal from the cell phone in your back pocket just gets better focused at your brain.

think of it more like that movie The Truman Show. it's all been set up to be believable.

"Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."

-C. the Barbarian, Esq.

You don't have to go this extravagant. The fact that we can communicate with each other already shows that we experience a "shared subjectivity." Without that, other people would be incomprehensible. Even "but what if they're using words in radically different ways than I would?" doesn't hold up, because you'd notice all the little inconsistencies.

Eh, we probably can't.

This crisis us your own.

You aren't special enough to permit such measures. If we were all actors the result would never justify the scale of the operation. The chances of you doing something so large that it would warrant this epic of a measure is way too low

And The Truman Show was set up by people who inhabit the same world as Truman and have the same richness to their experiences; without that, Truman's world would've been even more hollow than it was. If what you're really getting at is, what if I'm a brain in a jar? then you're still positing a shared subjectivity with someone or something---namely, whoever or whatever stimulates that brain. It's not believable that there's a brain, a jar, and nothing else, because we're left wondering, what is it that that brain is perceiving?

Google Occam's Razor

Prove we're not?
Prove we are.

i believe the same thing man i refuse to believe that these other people are actually real there is no way to prove it and if you pay close attention you can notice them glitch out and stuff