Is depression more than just sadness?

Is depression more than just sadness?

It's a tangle of multiple symptoms.

YES

I'm not sad, but I'm chronically depressed.
For me it kinda feels like an emptiness, a void normally making me feel worthless and this in itself comes in varying degrees, from mild to literally crippling. Its awful.
I've noticed that I'm passively suicidal. I wouldn't go out of my way to kill myself, not for me, but because I don't want to leave my family and friends. But it's constantly on my mind and I constantly do dangerous things, if something is wrong I tend to ignore it, if it kills me it kills me. But I'm not going to ruin my families life because I was to much of a coward and kill myself...
I don't know if any of that made sense and I know this is probably bait but that's my take on it

Started Running. Buy some weights, and lift. That's how I got out of my depression.

depression can also be a lack of motivation or energy. just... feeling like you can't do shit. you can, but you're so tired so you can't.
depression also lives alongside other illnesses, mental or physical, so there's that too.

i'm literally autistic, i'd know.

Yes, it's PROFOUND SADNESS

I don't know, but it's a word that gets overused these days.

A more scientific term in psychology for a depression is "learned helplessness" and I think it fits very well.
People turn passive as they have the impression that there is anyhow nothing to do.

For me it's no matter how good my current situation is, there is always a feeling of deep sadness in the back of my head. This feeling sometimes comes forward and I become a complete social cripple with no motivation to do anything even if I know that doing something will help me

Not him but I've been lifting for over a year now and my depression has gotten way worse. Not because of lifting though but because of loneliness.

Kys sargonfag

I dunno. I have something but Im not ready to call it depression. And its not sadness. I really dont want to sound like an edgy teenager but I have a really nihilist view of the world.

I dont think anything in this world really matters. Everyone and everything goes away in time. Nothing is forever. Family will go. I will go. You will go too one day. Peoples opinions dont matter. Social things dont matter. Materialistic things are nice... but they dont matter. I think this life is a filler episode of a tv show. We're hopefully gonna know whats up and what matters when we die. If not ot doesnt matter.

Fuck Im gonna get called an edgy teenager but I swear Im not. Im not sad either about this view. I accept it. Why feel sad? Sadness doesnt matter.

I'm just hoping reincarnation is a thing so I become something useful in my next life.

But reincarnation would make life REALLY not matter then. Unless you could come back as something not self aware like a comfy bunny rabbit or something

Yes depression means there are parasitic fungus inside you called candida, take probiotics to remedy this.

I feel the exact same thing

Also avoid suger, it feeds the candida and makes it grow.

Me too bros how does one stop this

And finally take sodium bicarbonate or baking soda orally and the candida will die.

That's obvious. This is bait isn't isn't it...

You hit the nail on the head for me dude

I was put on anti depressants at 13. I'm 33 now. I quit antidepressants 10 years ago. Nowadays I micro-dose cocaine once every Sunday evening. Seems to help keep the suicidal thoughts away. Just be sure to keep it a secret. People are quick to judge what they don't understand

For the word depression:
Depression is the opposite of expression - the lack of an emotional span, not the abundance of negative emotions.
Depression happens when someone is confronted with only negative emotions for a long time and his emotional spectrum shrinks in a menchanism of psychological self defense to an absolute minimum.
The final state of depression of completely static emotion however is not necessary in a neutral state, but typically in a slightly yet constantly negative state of mind.

That's my life...

Cocaine is like a stimulant, appetite suppressant, and antidepressant in one, it's great but it's expensive.

Yeah. I prefer it because I only have to take it once a week rather than everyday. I paid £50 for a gram a month ago & I'd say I'm just over halfway thru. Only microdosing, like I say, but it's enough to noticeably elevate my mood for a few days. Just gotta be careful not to get hooked

You could also try microdosing LSD or shrooms