3x3 grid movie thread

3x3 grid movie thread

recommend, judge, source

Other urls found in this thread:

theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/judaic-behaviorthemes-in-star-trek-enterprise/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I only recognize No Country for Old Men
1/1

Judge me

BOTTOM CENTER?

top left pls

based on which movies I actually rewatch the most

Nice seeing Double Indemnity and The Third Man there. Too much of a pleb to recognize the others though

jesus christ what the fuck. thank you for affirming this board is dead

white sun of the desert
dersu uzala desu
Eurasian girls best girls

CoM is absolutely beautiful

why do you fancy bricks?

I liked the offbeat style, its nothing visually impressive besides some shots. I enjoyed the direction i suppose

Hi I love you all

whole horizontal-mid row please too lazy to crop n search

Marketa lazarova
Himmel und erde
Der tod set Maria malibran

could i get all of them besides NCfOM and the ones that have been named already?

bump

top row: dersu uzala, last of the mohicans, luna papa
mid-row: ncfom, last life in the universe, the fountain
bottom row: cave of the yellow dog, white sun of the desert, ulzhan

>Marketa Lazarova
I've been looking for a good medieval film, trailer reminds me of Hard to be a God

just discovered a boy and his dog last month!
top right? ashigaru!!

bumping with more eyebrow goddess kazakh qt

I want to give a shout out to Landscape Suicide user, I loved it and am curious to check out more Benning now

Saw brick and mysterious skin this week, thought the latter was a tad better
Nice taste overall

It's a lot better than Hard to be a god, more mystical and beautiful
I like Ivan Lapshin though

Possession is an amazing film...some of the most intense acting ever by Isabelle Adjani. The most recent Mondovision bluray release looks so nice too

Definitely she was fantastic. Ill have to check out the bluray

I've been meaning to see mysterious skin but keep fogetting

are we kazakhposting?

is making grids with frames without movie titles the most pretentious pseudo intellectual circle jerking possible?

Props for Last Life in the Universe. Loved that shit.

NO SHUT UP

not even the last mohican ?

the soundtrack, bittersweet / sublime thailand (no tourists) sooo comfy

Yeah many shots look really neat but having no titles is really annoying

agree, just post the nine titles as text next to the image. 9/10 replies in these threads are just asking for names of movies, making them useless.

Ask nerd
>I've been meaning to see mysterious skin but keep fogetting
It's fucking bizarre, but feels very genuine and the subject matter makes that difficult, but it was very well structured and it was supringisly emotional, despite the alienated (kek) themes

the fountain is pretty easy too

Just fuck me up

You seem to like animals
I never "got" miller's crossing

TR: jauja, slow west, darjeeing limited
MR: Transsiberian, the hunt, sunshine
BM: flowers of war, how i ended the summer, tale of tales

nostalgia grid?

It's kind of pretentious to not include movie titles (when the titles aren't even posted alongside the grid, obviously a cheap way of fishing for replies) but that's not the worst part about these neo-grids. It's that every fucking shot is ruined by stupid squared cropping/framing. It's almost as if every fucking faggot on Sup Forums is blind and can't see how shit these look.

Nice to see this thread and some of the lads here!

Why have the 3x3 threads been really unpopular lately?

everyone is too afraid to post

Hey lads

Did you change your chart since last time or am I just bad at remembering things ?

we already have enough Sup Forums cancer too

source on all 4?

is that goodbye dragon inn at top right and millennium mambo at top left?

Millennium Mambo, What Time is it There?
Life, Paris Texas

Are you okay user? Can you point on the doll where you feel the most pain?

ty

do you have the individual gif for millenium? mambo i really like it

I did, who are u?

What up ghost dog user
Seen anything good recently?

Saw Tout va bien the other day, thought it was great, didn't expect to like it that much, especially since I'm usually not fond of political movies.

Might do a new 3x3 for recent watches since this one is getting old.

How about you, how's the patrician's life treating you ?

ty

That'd be great, id really like to see a recently liked chart from you
You like new wave or left bank more?

Haha, ok I think, been doing nothing productive though
Have you seen or read anything by Duras?

(OP)
4/4

3/3

-1 3rd Harry potter (I think?)
6/7

6/7
Speed Racer's rad.
-1 Captain America 2.

3/3

2/2

Kubo was kinda disappointing imo.
Good but disappointing.
And is that Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey? I remember liking it as a kid.
8/8

3/3

4/4

6/6

I love 3 but no its deathly hallows part 1 (7). Everyone always thinks its azkaban. Harrys older and its snapes patronus

And why the hell wouldn't you like azkaban mate

Here's the new chart for my favorite first watches of the last few months

I think I like new wave more than left bank, but I'm not sure at all, I also still got a lot of things to see.

I haven't seen or read anything by Duras, I still got a negative prejudice against her because of some highschool friends who had to read some of her stuff and hated it, but her movies have been on my watchlist for some time.

Have you seen the filmography of the lessers knowns of the FNW like Moullet or Rozier ?

I've heard a lot about Rozier, I want to check out adieu Philippine, what do you think of that? Or where should I start?

Nice grid btw, dreyer is 10/10

Is there anything more pathetic than someone who hasn't seen enough movies complaining about not being spoonfed?

I watched his filmography chronologically and it seemed like a good way to do so, so Adieu Philippine is good unless you want to start with his shorts ( which I haven't seen ).

If you like it you should def check out the rest of his work, his 3 others accessible fictions are very nice too

Didn't like it compared to the book. The funny scenes weren't funny. Harry wanting to murder Sirius felt overly done. The whole story was rushed (which is an issue for all the movies after the 2nd except for the last). Everyone wears jeans and it took away from the magic world imo.
3 wasn't horrible but it pissed me off. My criteria for whether I give someone a -1 is simply if it pissed me off.

Other than the directing, which didn't really impress me, I don't really see anything of the movie that's good or worth watching.

Maybe I need to rewatch it, I watched it in the cinema at the time, and all I remember is being pissed.

>compared to the book
There's your problem. They are seperate and completely different mediums. Take the films for what they are they are standalone or complementary. Very fine film. The acting is much improved and the reason they wear nornal clothes is one of the reasons cuaron did that. The other being making it seem like they are growing up.

They honestly wear their uniforms a ton in 3 4 5 6. Its just that the last 45 min of azkaban are during the same night. You do know harry is wearing jeans and adidas on the cover of the book? There's no reason it should bother you I rewatch it a lot. Great atmosphere

I'm not entirely basing my point on the cliche ''huuuurrr it wasn't like the book!!!'' bullshit but the whole thing just didn't work for me for some reason. Like I say, I might need to rewatch it again.

I never loved them until I rewatched them desu. 6 7 8 are my favs with 3.

theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/judaic-behaviorthemes-in-star-trek-enterprise/

sorcerer was excellent, and recommendations for more like it?

reddit

You should check out le salaire de la peur, it's not as thrilling as sorcerer but still worth watching.

Some of the movies from that same area have the same feeling since they were shooted in real locations, but you have probably already heard of most of them: apocalypse now, aguirre, fitzcarlado,...

If you're looking for a movie where tension is almost always present here are some of my favs, but the atmospheres are different : la piscine & le trou