How did you cope with the realization that you'd be working for the rest of your life

How did you cope with the realization that you'd be working for the rest of your life.

It's starting to dawn on me now that I'm 18 and I see that the rest of my life pretty much consists of going to work, coming home, eating dinner, sleeping, and then doing it all over again until the weekend.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Guide-Good-Life-Ancient-Stoic/dp/1522632735
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm 18 as well and pretty much in the same situation . I guess you just get used to it or kys.

The second option is seeming to become more and more of an ideal solution. I just hope someone can help me understand if theres more to life than this, or if we gotta make life worth living.

For the first time in a very long time, I'm genuinely scared for my future.

Lazy ass faggot.

All you bitches need to get some amphetamine flowing through your system and you won't give a shit about how shit life is

Find a way to make work bearable if not fun.
Also, that same shit you've heard a million times, find what you love and do that as a profession. Which is bullshit imo, cause 1- it's gonna be impossible to get a job in anything you actually enjoy, 2- if you do get "that" job, you're going to hate what you used to love.

Or just do a bunch of drugs, that always helps.

OP here

My middleground to the whole "find what you love" bullshit is I just want to be able to smoke weed while I'm off work and not be scared of losing my job. That's my dream job.

I don't know how motherfuckers get through life without getting high every once and awhile

By realizing that if it ever gets shit enough i can always kill myself
It's comforting

Or you can just cope with sex and drugs. Weed as you mentioned bellow

Addict.

is this all life is? Coping with living in shit until we rot away?

Fuck this is awful.

Probably. I admit I can't do life sober. I can work sober and do things without it, I just use it to vent all my frustrations and anxieties at the end of the day.

Pretty good, i like to work.
I want to be productive, i want to be good at what i'm doing.
That shit makes me happy.

If you would, could you share what kind of mindset you go into when you walk into work everyday?

Are you happy to be there, or just happy to be making money? Maybe I can change myself so that it's easier for me.

After 5 years of depression pretty much for me.
Sometimes it gets better some worse.
Just remember people never change if you're the depressive type now you'll always stay like that

I've heard stories of people who say the same thing about depressive types, but they kind of pushed it down and pulled a new personality in its place, kind of like an alter ego specifically for work.

I've been thinking about trying something like that, the only downside is I'll just never have a girlfriend because the real me would be polar opposite to my alter ego at work.

Pretty much, it's up to you to find purpose. It doesn't have to be grand or anything, just find a nice middle ground to be content with what you have. And NEVER get your hopes up too high.

Thank you user. It's so crazy to look around in the middle of a city, and knowing that every single person that passes you has thought of, and had different answers to, the problem of finding out what to do with their lives. It really makes the weight go away a bit knowing I'm not alone.

It's really not about the money, i just believe that it's important to do what i do and that i'm not easily replaced because i'm actually good at my work.
I'm an engineer, but i could easily develop a similar mindset for other occupations as long as it doesn't require me to stand still and do nothing. (military, dead end bureaucrat)
Find something you can be good at, something you can thrive to become the fucking best in and it doesn't even have to be prestigious, you may just chop trees or whatever, but become good and efficient at your work.
Show others how it's done and that you're not just show, but can actually pull much more than your weight. (Just don't get a job that requires you to wear a paper hat.)

Simple. I won't, not like most normies/sheeple.
How?
> Minimalism (spend less, work less)
> Stoicism (philosophy)
> Maslow's hierarchy of needs (know what I need).
> MGTOW (never getting married).

I'd elaborate, but I know you won't adopt any of this. RedPills are like seeds, all I can do is plant them.

It's difficult to find a job where I'd actually take pride in my work, but it seems with your situation that it doesn't even feel like a job to you anymore. Thank you for giving me some insight, I'll work on myself to be more involved in my work and try to be the best that I can be, to give a reason to keep me around.

What you do anyways?

I don't want to compare myself to incels, but i'm definitely okay with not getting married. I've always been good with money, but knowing what I need seems to be a problem for me. Could you elaborate on the stoicism part?

Working is fucking amazing. What the hell was your school like?

Work is work. It sucks for 99.999% of people.
Don't attach your identity to your job like most men do. Your job exists to finance your lifestyle and hobbies (or family if that's your thing).

Burger flipper right now, but I've had jobs in retail and customer service.

Hm those won't make you happy though, consider something like welding or metal working, electrician. It will be hard to learn, but believe me - neither burger flipping nor retail will make you happy. You can do more than that, all you have to do is try.
Aim high with your jobs, and with your life. You can always go back to burger flipping.

Society will pressure you to be a consumer, everyone will want to pressure you to conform to their way of thinking.

Stoicism gives you the mental fortitude to prevent falling for this, it also takes away the sting of insults, etc. Removing much stress. Furthermore, by undertaking negative-visualizations (e.g. thinking about life if you lost your daughter) then you will appreciate what you have more and therefore enjoy life more. But feel less pain when what you enjoy inevitably leaves you.

Consider reading/listening to this:
amazon.com/Guide-Good-Life-Ancient-Stoic/dp/1522632735

Also, see Maslows Hierarchy of needs if you feel like you are lacking something. IMO, you should strive for self-actualization and tranquility above material possessions.

One last question for you, I've been hit constantly with the question of college by everyone I know in my life. I barely passed highschool because I could do the work, its just that the content never engaged me so I never had the motivation to do it. This is why the question of college is such a scary thing for me.

When I find a topic I'm engaged in, and enjoy looking into/reading about/ understand I can do anything with it. But, like with school, if I am un-interested you'll be lucky to get me to write something down. College obviously isn't for everyone, but should I force myself into it with the expectations that if I finish I could be "potentially" better off than those who didnt?

Plus theres the question of what to go in for..Ugh..

I've been pondering on how to self-reflect properly in order to understand, and change the major flaws I seem to have that make me so undesirable in the work-force, and in a relationship; may it be friendly or more sexual.

I'm going to bookmark that amazon book, and look into maslows heirarchy, but do you have anything yourself that you use to self-reflect and understand yourself better?

Be a bum your whole life like me, 30. My reason is different though, being a corporate slave would be tolerable but my teeth are so bad I can't step foot in public so I'm destined to die in my own shit.

>I see that the rest of my life pretty much consists of going to work

for what?
so i have money to buy food and don't starve so I can go to work longer
Wagecucking is just stagnation till you someday die. No option for me

>find what you love and do that as a profession
It's not even the work I despise. I actually like doing a lot of project as long as I see substantial progress for myself. It's working for someone who shits on you the whole time which I hate.
I tried but everything in me is twisting and turning.
I'm trading stock and options. I can't live off it yet ,but either this or death

As you've correctly mentioned college isn't for everyone, so i'd disadvise you to do this - at least right now because i doubt you could do it with minimal motivation. College requres discipline and dedication (if you go for a degree that matters), if you're not sure about motivation it's not the right thing for you. You can always do it later if you find your job is too dull for you. (A lot of people i know did it like that.)
I'd suggest to go for something in classic handworking (there's some type of education for welding and shit like that in america, forgot the name). I found a lot of joy in that kind of work, and i still do some on a hobby basis nowadays, i just figured i could do more than that so i got the highest education i could hope to achieve and see where to go from there.

Thank you for your thoughts and idea's, I appreciate having a second opinion from someone outside of my family. Hopefully I can change things for the better, but if not we all die in the end anyways kek