Why are Canada, UK and US all influential to pop-culture. But not Australia and New Zealand?

Why are Canada, UK and US all influential to pop-culture. But not Australia and New Zealand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pQ6SuW7RDKI?t=43s
youtube.com/watch?v=vKj4upY1VYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>influential to pop culture
This is pop culture

they would rather pop open a beer than give a fuck about pointless shit

o i am laffin

>Canada
>Influential to pop culture
I'm from here and I don't even believe that.

Because their whole culture is a pop culture.

I like ABBA

We dont have time for pop culture cunts
too busy fighting off drop bears and cassowaries

Canadian pop culture, people, television, etc can often be mistaken for America. This can happen with the UK too, though we often push through and stand out on our own.

I thought plenty of aussie tv shows were popular in europe, border patrol, home and away, RBT, bondi rescue basically any garbage reality show

Drake and Justin Bieber are undeniably pretty huge

I Didn't mean to tag

We get those shows but I'd hardly call them popular, they're shown on channels which have a low viewer percentage. We have our own versions of those shows too which are either more popular or even less so.

A lot of our TV shows are Canadian

Bump

population
Canada isn't influential either

genuine autism

stop trying so hard to be australian

Neighbours is huge in England. One of the reasons so many poms move here is because they think Australia is just like Neighbours.

Masterchef Australia is also popular in South Africa

Australian culture gets killed by sea critters

reminder no one cared about Steve Irwin in Australia
reminder he was an American celebrity

Neighbours was popular back in the 2000s, don't know anyone who watches it now

that's when I left England so I don't really know what things are like now

don't think it's that popular here these days either

all famous canadian singers and actors have us citizenship i find it's pathetic almost all brits and canadian also austrailian actors mimic/pretend americans for get money and fame they even change their native english dialects

it's literally true

no one really gave a fuck about him

Drake and Justin Bieber

not really influential

Australia's had plenty of internationally successful musicians too, but that doesn't make us influential

australia's problem is canada's problem even though australia has some very famous artists like bee gees/nicole kidman people think they are americans

canada and australia are pretty much the same, i think. culturally honestly both are irrelevant but produce some well-made productions as mass prod. nz is just a small country and thats all.

youtu.be/pQ6SuW7RDKI?t=43s
such is life

It was big when it was on the BBC, but since moving to Channel 5 not so much.

here more so yea dunno about the continent

We had quite an insular pop culture, with a population lower than Slovakia. It's very difficult for bands to crack the US market.

One of our more popular rock groups called Shihad tried it in the late 90s, and toured round the US. They even changed their name briefly after 9/11, since it sounded too much like Jihad.

Despite their beat efforts they failed. If Lorde had tried it at the time, she would have too. Its only thanks to YouTube and the internet that artists from our corner of the world can get exposure,

Crowded House

I mean
there was AC/DC

ours

Actually Split Enz were moderately successful overseas in the 80s. Eddie Vender was a fan, and came over to do a benefit concert with them in the early 2000s
youtube.com/watch?v=vKj4upY1VYI

*Eddie Vedder

Not remotely Kiwi desu

weren't Split Enz Australian or at least part Australian?

No. Only for their last album when Tim Finn left, they recruited an Aussie drummer who would be the drummer for Crowded house as well. They broke up a year later.

yeah really never gave a shit about them but I know one of them lives in Australia so I always assumed they were local

I think just about every major Kiwi artist lives overseas now. You can't really be successful in these tiny islands.

That's why we're grateful to our Australian masters for letting us live in their beacon of civilization without a visa.