Logan

This movie looks really interesting, but do I have to watch all the X-men and Wolverine films or just Wolverine?

My guess is perhaps the first Xmen movie will be enough.

its a wolverie movie
WHAT COULD GO WRONG??

Definitely watch Origins. It's a misunderstood masterpiece.

He doesn't have to watch it though to understand the movie.
Also, even if you think it wasn't as bad as people thought it was, it was still pretty bad.

You must watch every X-Men movie released to date to truly grasp what's going on.

Well fuck, I'm in for a real fucking ride the.

Well see you guys. I'll pop my popcorn and I'll be off

You believed him? Well, okay. Enjoy yourself. You truly do NOT need to watch all of them. Without doubt, I can promise you X3 is not required viewing and most likely not XMen: Apocalpyse or First Class. And I can go on.

Most likely: You don't need ANY of the Xmen movies.

Nah, I'm not going to watch them all. I'm not that dumb. I'll watch the Wolverine movies

Very well, but I'll just tell you:
Those movies were only made to cash in on the fact that Hugh Jackman is an amazing Wolverine. They're not great. I saw them all and enjoyed them to a point, but don't expect anything. Still, a little background on the character won't hurt. X2 can also be used.

Just watch The Wolverine, same director

wtf that kid has some really long fingers

you must read every comic with him

Watch the unfinished rip that was leaked first.

I don't know why I get so triggered by these simplified movie names.

You just know the Lawrence of Arabia remake is gonna be called 'Lawrence' and the Citizen Kane remake is gonna be called 'Kane' or some shit

they didnt polish it much after that leak, it was almost as if they saw the leak and just opened the floodgates.

X-Men, X2 and DOFP.

Trust me.

It's all that and a bag of potato chips.

Watch X-Men, X2, The Wolverine and Days of Future Past. Skip the rest

The ones worth watching are: X-Men, X-Men 2, First Class, Days of Future Past, and the Wolverine will probably help with knowing his character for Logan. The rest are pretty shit.

>Hugh Jackman is an amazing Wolverine
No, Wolverine's a manlet

Watch them all you DisneyMarvel /DC faggot

I've never seen an X-Men movie. how does it compare to other capeshit? is it different? i know its about mutants and that hugh jackman plays an angry as fuck guy whos unkillable.

>My guess is perhaps the first Xmen movie will be enough.

This right here.
It's where Logan and Charles meet. That mentor bond is formed.

>That mentor bond is formed.

>what do they call you, wheels?
>Fuck off.

Right, sure.

You probably don't need to watch any previous movie to enjoy this one.

Hopefully it washes away Apocalypse bad aftertaste.

lel are you 15 mate?

Read Old Man Logan

This list is best list

They were pre capeshit. They still felt like movies with souls that weren't made just for the huge cash in. I don't really know how to describe it better than that. 1 and 2 are great, 3 was a mess and should be avoided. First class felt like a fun out of left field thing that didn't quite mesh with the original films but was still good for what it was. Days of future's past was good too. Apocalypse had some ok moments but over all was a let down.

Sincerely follow this list. You'll get the gist of the character arcs and the first two movies flow into DOFP really really well.

Just watch the first x-men to know the characters and you'll probably be fine (although you wont want to watch Logan after it, x-men must have aged like hell)

xmen 2 is better tho

this OP 1 is nice but bad in a lot of places, 2 is great, DOFP is nice and goes in deeper in the relation between Chuck and Logan (and a nice twist in mentorship when Logan gives young Charles hope and pushing him).