What's next for him?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt558039
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

director for BLACKED

Crimson Peak was GOAT.

It was a perfect Gothic Romance movie.

Not really.

Fucking gorgeous film, but literally nothing going on.

Get a decent writer for his movies.

Isn't he writing a Lobo script for DC?

Wow, that's him?

Based on his name I thought he looked like Antonio Banderas

Crimson Peak was just marketed wrong. I went in expecting something much different than what I got, they made it look like a horror film, it wasn't a horror film in any way. It was a gorgeous movie and I understand what he was trying to do with it, but it wasn't enough, especially when marketing lied to us.

I genuinely want nothing but success and happiness to that man.

Nothing about him is fake, pretentious, greedy etc.
Has complete artistic integrity and does (tries to do) projects which he genuinely wants to do.

All the best to you my dear amigo friend.

pacific rim 2 isnt on hold anymore, but hes not directing it

Wasn't Pacific Rim 2 confirmed? It'll be a disaster because it's Boyega's vanity project and only China liked the first movie but still

Maybe he'll finally get to make his Frankenstein.

hes stuck in development hell

hes always attached to promising projects and then nothing happens

wasnt he almost done with the hobbit preproduction? i was looking forward to seeing him take on tolkien lore

the strain also ended up garbage

pacific rim 2 is going ahead but he isn't directing it
silent hills would've been shit anyway, kojima's a hack
who cares about HBO when they seriously think shit like Westworld is worth making
Crimson Peak was an excellent tribute to the gothic genre, sorry it wasn't 'Paranormal Activity' enough for you

>"literally nothing going on"
that's like reading wuthering heights and jane eyre and saying 'literally nothing happened'. how fucking stupid can one person be jesus christ

>The Shape of Water has started filming in August
>Sally Hawkins, Michael Shannon and Doug Jones confirmed.
>Paranormal film set during the cold war circa 1963

He's still making kino it's alright.

>posts anime
>tries to talk shit
lel

nice shit opinion

Man. I was looking forward to monster. didint know they trned it down. But didin't HBO also turn down Breaking bad ? et's hope some other channel picks it up. I'm not american so i'm not to familiar with american TV channels. But I can hope we get a tv channel that can show mature content. Starz maybe ?

>can't refute point
>"i'll talk about his image instead"

>thinks kojima is a hack
Are you retarded?

>thinks westworld isn't worth making
>westworld ends up being a big hit.
So you are retarded.

2 can play at that game my reddit friend.

he didn't want the story stretched into 3 movies but 2 maximum

Monster still has a chance. If Twin Peaks does well, showtime could be willing to pick it up. It's similar enough in that they are both violent and both concern a mystery and a killer.

He isn't directing PR2 anymore, plus PR2's production is being moved to China.

Silent Hills doesn't matter because Guillermo will be collaborating with Kojima on Death Stranding. That's also part of the reason why he is no longer directing PR2. You can quote me on that.

>>thinks kojima is a hack
>Are you retarded?
He is a hack. He can't write for shit and was a poor fit for Silent Hill.

He was involved on a console game that eventually got cancelled. It sucked up tons of money. All the managers bending over backwards for him and his personal concept artists, and that tricked down problems within the studio.

Imagine that, spending how much money on a project with his name on it, and have it hit the fan.

I remember he came out to give a talk to the studio. It sounded so promising to have him want to make a game with us. Later to have it just die off, and him walking away with a huge check I'm sure.

THQ eventually went bankrupt. This dumbass failed project of Del toros didn't help. (paying how many people for over a year and him)

I've never liked the man since. Fuck him.

>Fucking gorgeous film, but literally nothing going on.

Just like any Del Taco movie tbqh

>I remember he came out to give a talk to the studio. It sounded so promising to have him want to make a game with us.
>us

He deserves it for making a movie as lame and shitty as Pacific Rim

what's the deal with him and the hobbit?

as long as the fight scenes and designs are as GOAT as in the first one, I don't care desu.

Is he just unlucky or a prick to work with? He seems like a nice guy, but all the other filmmakers I know of who had this many cancelled projects were either difficult (Welles, Fincher lately) or worked under communists (Eisenstein, Parajanov)

>Kojima is a hack
>westworld is shit
>thinks Monster is anything better

my only guess is that he doesnt like to compromise the film when the studio has notes

what even is the point
I have 0 faith that steven deknight can pull this off

i haven't seen Monster

Okay, user.

Build the wall.

Kojima left the japanese industry and is now making american games, He's a traitor. Fuck this hack.

are you japanese industry?

imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt558039

This, apparently

>Kojima left the japanese industry
Good. They were holding him back.

it's a gothic mystery romance. Did you expect explosions or something?

His obsession with handsome Nazi will be his downfall

here here. Calm down.

He's shooting a cold war film literally right now

He's literally the only person who can write a video game series well.

Is he a good film maker?

No.

But video games are shit, so he's fine.

>He's literally the only person who can write a video game series well.
Yeah he did such a good job writing MGS4 and MGS5.

It's 2016 dude, the writing in vidya has evolved a bit since the release of MGS1 and MGS2 and MGS3. Plenty of games have been doing better jobs when it comes to writing and they don't need to resort to such cheesy, shit tier dialogue the likes of which Kojima can't go beyond.

Quite a few white / castizo mexicans, in Mexico tho.

>Yeah he did such a good job writing MGS4 and MGS5.

They aren't that awfully written. The dialogue just is stilted and delivered a bit off because it's a localization of Japanese, and that always comes off that way.

>the writing in vidya has evolved a bit since the release of MGS1 and MGS2 and MGS3

On the surface level everything Kojima writes appears shallow as fuck. Once you start to toy with what he's working with, you can see that he's a good writer. Thing x connects to thing y but isn't implicently stated in game, and it leaves doors open for a million different things.

So regardless of quality he puts work into what he writes.

Writing in video games hasn't really improved

Pan's Labyrinth 2.

>muh subtext
every fucking time
you kojima drones are the worst. it's juvenile at this point. maybe if you actually watched good films or read good books you'd realise having subtext isn't an uncommon thing, and that whatever subtext MGS has is sloppily handled yet worshipped by 13 year olds.

>Hellboy 3 never

;_;

>you kojima drones are the worst

That's ok.

>it's juvenile at this point. maybe if you actually watched good films or read good books

I do both, actually.

>and that whatever subtext MGS has is sloppily handled yet worshipped by 13 year olds.

No it's because it's one of the only attempts at video games to even attempt subtlety.

Video Games are terribly written.

Writing in video games was already better than Kojima before Kojima ever appeared. Plenty of RPGs had amazing stories. The only reason Kojima gets any acclaim is because he made an ok game with an ok story on consoles, and because consoles barely ever got good stories that meant it had to be lauded as 'one of the greatest stories ever made'. Same way Goldeneye gets treated like 'one of the greatest FPS games of all time' when it's slow as fuck and lacks depth.

>Plenty of RPGs had amazing stories

I never said they didn't. But at the same time, they were mostly story.

Visually they were uncreative. Which isn't bad.

But you won't be seeing the same level today anyways, if they could achieve both. When both are done, it deserves some form of credit, really.

>tfw comfy del Toro thread goes to shit

thanks Sup Forums

>wasnt he almost done with the hobbit preproduction?
No, he bailed before it got to proper pre-production. He was stuck in limbo for years because of New Line's legal troubles and eventually got sick of it.