Would Disney ever make a Kingdom Hearts movie?

Would Disney ever make a Kingdom Hearts movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pRjRmDZiyKM?t=3h9m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=P_4UUHYBVLI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UigzN-4JR14
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUq3Ik1GHM
youtube.com/watch?v=4nlCNVewMjA
youtube.com/watch?v=GcWkRMD3Ovc
youtube.com/watch?v=5LilcKJcbZI
youtube.com/watch?v=1lBPvfUuL54
youtube.com/watch?v=le8mvA4IGiA
youtube.com/watch?v=i5xuHYPy22w
youtube.com/watch?v=QpAAi900QT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's no feasible way to do it

It's not an impossibility, but it would have to be something that would appeal in a way that more content for games would not.

Certainly, nothing on the scale of its core animated films.

The main draw of the games is the gameplay and crazy battle sequences
The only way I'd see this working out is SE making a 3DCG movie financed and distributed by Disney, just like the games

God I hope not

The story is fucking retarded and only understood and liked by weeaboos.
I still like the games though.

Would never work as a movie, it'd need to be a tv series.

Kingdom Hearts would work best as a weekly anime where all the OCs and Final Fantasy characters are animated in Japan, while all the Disney characters are animated in the US.

This

Japs always have to make their stories overly complex. MGS and FF

>FF
>overly complex

Kek

Not always, but they have a strong tendency to do it. The KH series, considering the target audience, has to be one of the worst examples.

>what is FFVIII

I still have no clue what goes on in that game.

VII is one of the exceptions. VI, VII, IX and X are all easy enough to understand.

*VIII

>mfw I spent New Years Eve 2002 playing Kingdom Hearts in my room while my family watched the ball drop down stairs.
I still remember what I was doing, I was fighting that thing with the axe feet in the Alice in Wonderland level. I get a nostalgia buzz every time there's a Kingdom Hearts thread.

I have no idea whats the story of this game. Though i played one of its titles years ago, i just remember looking for mickey

It's not complex. It's badly written and make you think it's complex.

>mfw used to get up early during christmas holidays to play KH2
>snow outside + Twilight Town cozyness
>this_warms_my_heart.mov

>Twilight Town cozyness

I loved that place.

>YFW all of these live-action Disney remakes lead up to a Disney Cinematic Universe and a KH movie series,

Kingdom Hearts is the comfiest game of all time. The music, worlds, combat, orb-collecting, weapon-collecting, characters, bosses... even the story, as convoluted as it is, is deeply poignant.

I can't wait for KH3. It'll be the resolution to my childhood.

hol me senpai

Are you me?

I used to fantasize about living there and just hang out with friends, eating salty icecream all the time, during my eternal favorite time of the day.

Hold me back

I played it again quite recently, as soon as I heard Sanctuary play I had the urge to neck myself because of unsustainable nostalgia

Maybe one day, but the story would dumbed down massively because its way too complicated, and they wouldn't be able to fit in that many worlds.

I want to replay 1 and 2, should I just emulate them? Will they ever come out on the PS4?

first KH game is the best of all time
I hope they take their time with KH3 though, don't want it to be disappointing

>dumbed down

More like smarted down.

Can't you just buy the collections for PS3?

I was an idiot and got rid of mine years ago before I even got a PS4.

Eh, that was pretty stupid. It's possible they'll release it again for PS4, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Most of that was due to the poor original translation. It's convoluted, but actually works pretty well compared to a lot of other Japanese media. The story is basically:

>there's an ancient race of magic people on the planet
>some cthulian planet eating parasite lands on the planet on a meteor
>kills most of the ancients but is defeated and swallowed by the earth
>centuries later some electrical company starts harvesting the planet's energy and becomes a dystopian overlord for the world's largest city
>researchers under their employ find what they believe to be the corpse of an ancient and study it
>it's actually that world ending parasite
>one of the doctors who is basically a mad scientist thinks he can breed new ancients
>gets a woman pregnant and injects her with the parasite's cells
>he grows up to be an extremely efficient killing machine
>they attempt to make "clones" of him by injecting people with those same cells
>one day he stumbles on a secret lab with materials pertaining to him
>believes that his mother is an ancient and goes fucking crazy
>gets stabbed and thrown into the planet's lifestream
>all of the cells of that parasite start going nuts and producing "copies" of him that begin wreaking havoc/attempting to summon a meteor so his real body can absorb the energy at the impact site and become a god
>you were injected with those cells at one point
>some wacky shit happens and you see visions of him and can be controlled by him to a point
>at one point you start to believe you were this other guy you were traveling with who got gunned down right in front of you and assume a bunch of false memories

Unlikely at best. There's no way to cram enough worlds in a 2-hour movie for a KH film to work, especially if they're (for the most part) going to be rehashes of their respective movies.

Are you retarded?

>be me
>live in Tennessee all my life
>Dad gets a new job
>we have to move to Iowa
>absolutely hate change
>winter comes quickly
>more snow than I've ever seen in my life
>particularly cold winter
>have no friends
>the whole world is literally gray
>pic related
>have some christmas money left over
>remember I always wanted to play Kingdom Hearts
>never had a PS2
>by this time I think the PS3 is well into its lifespan
>buy a PS2 and the first three games for about $150
>play them for hours on end
>slowly become happy again

These games mean so much to me.

The worst thing about the HD collections was that they don't include any other dub but the English. I really love the German dub because they brought EVERY living voice actor back for their role (In case of Hercules and Aladdin characters, KH1 has the movie voices and KH2 the cartoon series voices). For the Port Royal level, that means you don't get sound-alikes for Will, Jack, Elisabeth and Barbossa - you get the fulle experience you'd also get with the dubbed movie. And that's great. Buy the PS3 version, though, and all you get is the English voice track.

youtu.be/pRjRmDZiyKM?t=3h9m53s

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

>HD collections was that they don't include any other dub but the English
Which would make it no worse than the original version on the PS2, correct?

> I really love the German dub because they brought EVERY living voice actor back for their
Are you German or something? Of course they aren't going to bother with the hassle of putting all that audio in the game. Next time there's a World War, try winning it. You'll be amazed at how much respect you get.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was going through a phase where I pretended to have grown out of vidya.

>Are you German or something?
Spot on the nose, guv'ner. What an astute observation.

>Which would make it no worse than the original version on the PS2, correct?
Incorrect. Quite a few PS3 games actually go through the hassle and include every single voice track for all around the world. This, sadly, isn't one of them. How big can those files be, if they fit on a 4,5GB DVD? Kingdom Hearts hasn't even been dubbed in German since 258/2 Days.

Such a great song. I used to have it on repeat in 6th grade. Have you heard the orchestral version?

I still like to think so to this day. Fuck you Square

No, it would have to be done by Square, like their newest FF movie

>What an astute observation.
That wasn't entirely obvious. You could have been a Germanophile or something.

> Quite a few PS3 games actually go through the hassle and include every single voice track for all around the world.
I was making the point that if you purchased the NA region PS2 version of the game, it wouldn't be better than the remastered version. Does the NA version have the German dub? I was doubting that, as a remaster, they would have every voice track for a remaster.

The problem is that the remaster is the same version around the globe, yet only includes the american dub. The German files are lost. If they went with that route, they should've included the localized versions. I realize it's cheaper to put out one version around the globe, but then it should have all of the original features, which it doesn't. Which is a shame.

>The problem is that the remaster is the same version around the globe
I assume there's a Japanese version.

>but then it should have all of the original features,
So the NA PS2 version had the German dub in it?

>KH
>overly complex
Dude I'm fuckin laughing my ass off at your life.

>it's a Sup Forums is bored of their childish medium and pesters Sup Forums episode

fuck off we're full

How is it not overly complex? Especially considering the target audience?

Thats 7
he meant 8

There isn't a Japanese version. Except for subtitles. The Final Mixes never had any other audio but English.

And no, the NA Version of course didn't have a German dub. Ofc. It's still a loss for people who were fans of their localized version. The fact that it doesn't concern you, as a native speaker who grew up with these voices, doesn't facor into it. It just makes me like the remaster less, because for me it's all about the original voices of my country. Nostalgia just doesn't work for me if some other guy speaks the lines I know by heart in a different language.

I replayed them both earlier this year.
I was spared from the heavy nostalgia feeling because I've gotten so drunk over the past 9 years I just can't feel it anymore. A mercy, in my eyes. Still an enjoyable experience though.

>The Final Mixes never had any other audio but English.

That sounds wrong but Ok

First KH really is a lot better than 2 which I was kind of surprised to find replaying them all these years later. It's true though.

VIII? that one its a fucking clusterfuck mess, even the final villian's motivations dont make sense.

FF7 is for people who like anime.
FFVIII is for those who appreciate poetry. The best FF.

I tried to listen to 1s OST a while ago and from that first opening piano note I felt like dying. I had totally forgotten what it sounded like so the hit was twice as hard
youtube.com/watch?v=P_4UUHYBVLI

Why is this game so inherently nostalgic? Even as a kid it gave me the same feelings before I had any concept of what that feeling was. Is it just how immensely sentimental the story is, and how when you were a kid you were open enough to be taken in by it?

FF8 lost a lot in translation.

The game makes perfect sense in Japanese, but for the English version they mistranslated a load of shit and had no time to fix it, so they just cut it all.

It's why there's entire non-sequitur scenes, dialogue boxes that go nowhere and the fucking Rinoa shit makes no sense.

>ff8 is for faggots and teen girls

Fixed that for you poofter

Which one do you like the most then m8.

Just use google. KH1 and KH2 have Japanese voices on PS2. KH1FM and KH2FM do not. That's why the additional Xemnas fight in KH1FM only uses text on screen and reused lines by Sora - they didn't bother to re-record new ones with Haley Joel Osment.
A lot of the additional scenes in KH2FM are also silent with nothing but subtitles because of this. I guess the latter received a proper American dub with the remaster, but on PS2, that's what it was. Same thing with BBS and BBSFM. It makes sense, because Disney characters are and are recognized as American around the globe, so the English voice track is seen as the "correct" one. Still a shame to lose the localized versions.

>It's a neo-Sup Forums poster must show being a tough guy by being rude to his fellow Sup Forums poster who were peacefully recalling nostalgia memories

God I hate these episodes

The only flaw of FF8 is how insanely Squall falls for Rinoa in an instant.
Do you know how they portrayed that situation in Japanese? I've saved someone's theory about the sorceress transferring herself between people that made it make more sense it my opinion, but I don't know where I have that text anymore.

Because you most likely watched the cartoons it references in its worlds as a kid. It was the main draw for me. However, without MY language being supported since KH2 onwards, the nostalgic value has severely diminished.

Hi Sup Forumsirgin, or Sup Forumsedit or whatever you're called these days

It's overly sentimental, and unlike other attempts at sentimentality, it actually reaches what it's aiming for so it doesn't come off as Schmaltzy

I don't like these episodes either.
Especially since Sup Forums is the greatest thing that ever came out of Sup Forums and easily has the best user base of the entire site.

>how insanely Squall falls for Rinoa in an instant

the feelings were always there from the beginning.

Setting, music, story, overall atmosphere

In Japanese he's an asshole to begin with, softens to her and then when she goes comatose he admits he loves her and can't bear to lose her

In English he was an asshole, then he was an asshole some more, then he was an asshole again, then when she went comatose he decided he loved her after all for no fucking reason.

Like I said, the Japversion isn't necessarily better or good, but at least it makes sense.

>Why is this game so inherently nostalgic? Even as a kid it gave me the same feelings before I had any concept of what that feeling was. Is it just how immensely sentimental the story is, and how when you were a kid you were open enough to be taken in by it?
You articulated that better than I could, I feel the same way. I think the Disney aspect has a lot to do with it, it also probably doesn't hurt that memories play a big part of the stories themes.

>In English he was an asshole, then he was an asshole some more, then he was an asshole again, then when she went comatose he decided he loved her after all for no fucking reason.
This is exactly how I felt about it after I finally replayed it two years ago. We don't get a gradual, sensible transition.
But yeah I believe you that that happens in the jap version.

As an english speaker who only played it in English, I don't think you can really argue that this was apparent in the English version.

>tfw finally decided to play again FF8 and finish it once for all
>at Ultimecia castle, all side quests done, only her ahead
>tfw too scared by faceless Squall to finish it

i know exactly how you feel, i get an intense and indescribable feeling of nostalgia that i haven't gotten with any other title from any other medium when i listen to some tracks from KH and KH2

i get a powerful urge to time travel whenever i revisit the OSTs

HOWEVER i don't know if it has much to do with the story

ok faggot we get it stop repeating yourself

>There isn't a Japanese version. Except for subtitles.
Japs cucked again.

Which is the superior sappy j-pop theme?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UigzN-4JR14

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUq3Ik1GHM

They're both GOAT, but Sanctuary, is 550% better, no question

Sanctuary is a joke compared to Simple and Clean.

youtube.com/watch?v=4nlCNVewMjA

youtube.com/watch?v=GcWkRMD3Ovc

youtube.com/watch?v=5LilcKJcbZI

youtube.com/watch?v=1lBPvfUuL54

youtube.com/watch?v=le8mvA4IGiA

youtube.com/watch?v=i5xuHYPy22w

youtube.com/watch?v=QpAAi900QT8

too much kino

That Hollow Bastion music still gives me anxiety, I was stuck there for so long

Depends. By the time Sanctuary came out, I couldn't bear hearing Simple and Clean anymore.

That backwards part though. I know it's "I need more affection than you know" reversed, but I always hear "One without a wish of growing up" as it is.

Which one of the two will be in KH3's opening, what do you think?

Kingdom Hearts 1 has a simple, self contained story

>Kingdom Hearts 1 has a simple, self contained story

Don't lie user

Are Haley Joel and Hayden Pannnetttierrrree returning for KH3?

>ywn have silver hair and be lusted over by countless qt nerds like riku

someone remind me why i'm alive again

>By the time Sanctuary came out, I couldn't bear hearing Simple and Clean anymore.
Yeah, if you mean that you couldn't bear to hear Simple and Clean anymore because it's so beautiful and pure that you couldn't ever hold back your tears anymore I get what you're saying.
They're both masterpieces, but Simple and Clean is definitively it.
It does though. Also, the story of KH2 is not complex as much as it's just convoluted by the introduction of Nobody's and what hearts can be put use toward.

The real clusterfuck comes from BBS onwards

when i played 2.5 like a year and a half ago there seemed like there were some major plot holes or inconsistencies when it came to the logistics of heartless/nobodies

i can't remember what specific aspects of the plot illuminated it though but it bugged the shit out of me

beyond that though the second game is pretty simple, but afterwards it's even more fanfic-tier than 2

>play pic related
>good for the first few hundred levels
>new levels come out
>difficulty spike
>game becomes completely p2w
Thanks disney

It does.
>Crazy scientist guy gets obsessed with Kingdom Hearts, his experiment turn him into an Heartless
>Sets his new friedns lose upon the world to find KH through the Seven Princesses of Heart
>Opposing this is the Keyblade weilder, the chosen one - Sora
>His best friend is seduced by the dark side
>Donald and Goofy go to find Sora
>They close the portals (keyholes) on the worlds invaded by the heartless
>They defeat Riku
>They confront their master, Ansem
>Turns out KH isn't darkness, but light
>Ansem is destroyed
>Riku and Micky close the door to KH from the inside
>End.

Chain of Memories and KH2 started all the convolution by retconning that heartless were in fact hearts, not creatures without a heart, that there were Nobodies that fulfilled the role previousl thougt fulfilled by the Heartless, that Ansem wasn't Ansem, but Xehanort masquerading as the true Ansem etc. etc. etc.

Nah, I heard it so often that it bored me and Passion/Sanctuary became the more interesting song.

>good for the first few hundred levels
If it's free, you probably got your money's worth.

Both were eerie to me. I was (am) not used to that shit. Nightmare stuff.

I don't think so, mainly because it's pretty much what Once Upon a Time does (all the different worlds) and they've got that covered.

Do you still remember that feeling when you saw the trailers for the first Kingdom Hearts on TV? Or the advertisements in magazines?

I remember seeing Cloud and Donald on the same screen thinking "No way this is real. This is far out."

I only play now to get jewels so I can try to win this lewd Axel medal

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY

PLEEEEEAAAAASE

OH BABY

DON'T GO