Are there any actual well known anonymous musicians? The Residents are the only ones I can think of

Are there any actual well known anonymous musicians? The Residents are the only ones I can think of

Other urls found in this thread:

hardyfox.com/home/
youtube.com/watch?v=mKocjUfbOH0
youtube.com/watch?v=tPobyCQtUU0
youtu.be/jjAzHl02MJQ?t=3m28s
youtube.com/watch?v=M9ubT_327G8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do daft punk count?

The Residents aren't really that anonymous if you do some looking up. They're almost certainly the same guys as the "Cryptic Corporation"

Ghost

Daft Punk sorta, they fucked up in the early years tho. Also there's some edm guy with a marshmallow head I think?

Buckethead, Bathory

>Bathory
What?

oops mistake

Shit's so heartbreaking, it was like learning Santa wasn't real all over again.

We know their names (Daft Punk doesn't even hide that fact)

True, although the lead singers keep getting exposed or something?

If it makes you feel any better the rest of the Residents probably aren't those guys, especially after Jay and John left in the 80s

zomby

The Cryptic Corporation guys were in the movies but aren't the actual musicians. Altho it's pretty much a fact the residents worked themselves at the Cryptic Corporation, they probably aren't listed as "important" staff.

jandek for a while
burial and boards of canada may as well be anonymous

>Captain Murphy

I've become a huge Residents in the last few months and this aspect is essential, so I need proof

pussy riot

just watch the fucking documentary they made.

Well when Homer Flynn gives public appearances his speaking voice is very obviously the Residents singing voice. The Residents' songs are all credited to the two remaining members of the Cryptic Corporation on BMI. An early compilation of pre-Residents music as the Delta Nudes credits each of the members of the Cryptic Coporation as performers on it. There's an interview with Helios Creed where he states that the Residents were a keyboardist named "H", a singer named "Homer", and "this other guy called John," which fits with the names of the CC members. Peter Principle of Tuxedomoon states in another interview that "we eventually figured out that the guy doing the graphics and the engineer in the studio were in fact the Residents," the graphics of the records being done by Homer Flynn. Also, the band's decrease in output and decline in quality after 1982 coincides very neatly with the loss of two members of the corporation.

Slipknot, Gorillas

Justin James Moulds

There are lots of anonymous producers in dance music though

U FOOKIN
MELON
E
L
O
N

Oh, and after some digging it seems like Hardy Fox flat-out admits it
hardyfox.com/home/

I have an opportunity of seeing the Residents live on their In Between Dreams tour. Has anyone seen them live this year? I would like to know what to expect.

way to be a dick.
way to be a nice person.

t.lazy faggot

Zhu

It's fascinating how we're talking about an anonymous band over an anonymous image board while you're dedicated to having you're name out there. You are actually the faggot that wants recognition and that's why The Residents will NEVER ask you to be a member.

Savage

>You are actually the faggot that wants recognition and that's why The Residents will NEVER ask you to be a member.
they peaked here anyway youtube.com/watch?v=mKocjUfbOH0

they peaked without you because no one needs you. ZING.

i wasn't born when they started though?

Also Simon Crab from Bourbonese Qualk said he met them (Homer and Hardy) in the early 90s and they were totally open about it.

and they're totally going to ask you

mark of the mole and eskimo tho

Thomas Bangalter and Guy Manuel de Homem-Christo, not anonymous at all.

>decrease in quality after 1982
Negro what?

Captain Murphy is Flying Lotus

What's the best song off of TCA and why is it Suburban Bathers?
youtube.com/watch?v=tPobyCQtUU0

they did, but I'm too busy being Captain Murphy.

I'm with you. they haven't been consistent, but they haven't been bad.

Alnamrood is my favorite anonymous band. Saudi Arabian black metal, they have to be anonymous or they'll get executed, as their music is blasphemy.

The Protomen
Hollywood Undead

Snakefinger was better than the Residents.

In EDM it's popular for some reason. I think of Malaa and Marshmello who are pretty famous

Listen to any interview with Homer Flynn, then I believe listen to Fingerprince (Can't recall what track) but you clearly hear his voice on that album, and you clearly hear he's Randy.
youtu.be/jjAzHl02MJQ?t=3m28s
youtube.com/watch?v=M9ubT_327G8

and Hardy is Chuck. This is taken from a news letter
>Charles Bobuck (Hardy Fox) composed for The Residents until 2016. The Residents had all but stopped making albums after 2008 but Bobuck kept doing what he always did, so he made Charles Bobuck albums instead of Residents albums.

Blank Banshee

Hypernova is in a pretty similar boat since they're from Iran.

I don't think you'd get in nearly as much trouble for that in Iran. They've got pretty good film and music industries.

if i got famous id stay user i dont want people to know it's me making this gay ass noise