What went wrong?

What went wrong?

pg 13

It should have been filmed as a documentary. There was a bidding war between Pitt and DiCaprio's production companies. Pitt won. In the alternate timeline, DiCaprio's company won the rights and Leo starred as the main character in a faithful adaptation of the book.

It is one of the very few cases, where bookfags actually have a valid point.

This movie turned an interesting and complex spin on the genre into a an extremely generic flick that brought absolutely nothing special or new to the loooooong list of zombie movies

..movie was a solid 4 out of 5 stars until the final act.

If it had just kept the momentum going that it had through the plane crash it would have been a classic.

As it is now it's just ever so slightly underrated. I could give two shits about the book. (..and I probably read more books than you)

This, it's not a zombie movie without zombie sex.

>casting a child beating wife raping holocaust denying murderer

They should just cast benicio del toro for the sequel.

This honestly. Brad is a cringeworthy actor.

This and deviating from the book which is much better.

I'll never understand why shit like The Hobbit gets 3 films and WWZ gets condensed into a shit narrative. That said, Brad Pitt was actually good in the lead roll.

Holy shit, you still rember anything from this boring flick? I deactivated my brain after a few minutes.

Know what's funny? What's fucking funny?

Of all the things that went wrong in this piece of shit, Lindelof was NOT one of them.

Maybe they held a lot of stuff back when they realised it had sequel potential

BICYCLES

It's the most 'realistic' zombie movie movie ever made. So there's that.

What?
How is it more realistic than other zombie movies?

>realistic zombie movie

what is the best zombie movie ever?

Night of the Living Dead

HURR DURR Israel is so great !

2 hours long PR.

Thanks but no thanks

Cut out the Jerusalem segment and it becomes primo zambino kino

Day of the dead

Whatever movie they made about the LA riots

I want to believe.

Not even close. 28 Days Later is the most realistic zombie movie ever made, and there are many others I would rank higher than World War Z in terms of realism.

Remember how the zombies in World War Z could detect whether someone was sick and wouldn't attack? How the fuck is that realistic? Suddenly they have superhuman sickness-detecting powers? They are fucking zombies. So many problems with this movie. It was obvious they had no clear idea what they wanted the zombies to be like. PG-13 rating didn't help either since the zombies couldn't be mutilated. They could only clack their teeth and make weird noises.

Tell me you're not serious, please.

Michael fox wasn't a main character giving us radical helicopter rescue shots/scenes.
Also

HE din't even go to Russia, which was the best part, it should have been like 3 part movies or 1 season series following him through years
He also should have fallen in love with the QT Bald Jewess instead of trying to find his wife and daughter that ware whores in some swamp

Dawn of the dead directors cut Snyder's magnum opus edition. Everything about it is perfect for what you want from a zombie movie, most importantly being: gore.

There was an entire other long and grim storyline with Mathew Fox (small 2 second cameo in the final cut) where he ends up with Brads wife and family after Brad gets drafted into the Russian army to fight the zombie war.

The wife has to has to give in and even fuck Mathew Fox as his new mate for protection in order for the family to have a any hope of surviving.

it ends at the beginning of Brads quest to reunite with his family.

Needless to say they shitcanned that storyline.

But Jerusalem gets fucked up. What the hell is wrong with that?

Slow zombies would all be wiped out in a matter of weeks. Plus they are not undead they are infected.

But mostly when I say realistic I mean in the way we governments would react and the scyual way society would fall.

I remember having long debates about it when the movie came out and I still think it holds up.

>No battle of Yonkers

Well then, how can you expect your movie to do well

How is it not realistic when actual animals do that in real life?

I dont care if it was full of jews or not, the scenes were awful and unrealistic

like the fucking tidal wave/tornado of zombies climbing a 100 foot wall and taking helicopters out the air

>zombies get animal powers

pretty realistic

you know it's based on a book right?

>battle of Yonkers
Our AP Shells and few gun nests don't seem to be stopping the landslide of zombies approaching, should we just drive our tanks forward into them ?
No, that would not work, just abandon position

predators don't typically get sick from eating sick prey

>animal powers

not it isnt. They shouldnt magically get powers a human doesnt have.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. You can't be faking this level of dumb.

Enhanced animal like senses doesn't break the the intenal logic of the movie in the slightest.

The infection LITERALLY turns humans into rabid wild aminals ffs.

A documentary would have been fantastic, especially if they went all out to make it so convincing that anyone catching the movie on tv would question for a few minutes whether they're talking about real events.

>AND NOW ON FX: WORLD WAR Z
>censored swears
>big RATED TV MA-LV on the screen
>why is Brad Pitt on the news?

Nature is a real bitch

It's become my personal slogan

What went so right?

>What went wrong?

The greed and arrogance of Hollywood predictably fucked it all up.

World War Z should have been turned into an anthology tv series while The Walking Dead should have been turned into a movie.

WWZ has far more potential for interesting stories in a multi-season tv series, yet all this was pissed away on a single theatrical movie while TWD, which has a very limited kindergarten tier story, became the tv show.

I got pretty sick from eating your mum last night.

They tossed out the original script

daaaaaamn

Which was?

SAVAGE

It's almost comedic how THE VERY SECOND the retarded running "zombies" cleanly bite you you fucking turn into one of them. Makes it all feel way too god damn toothless. I'd rather play a videogame. I can't fucking believe people like this ridiculous cliche retarded movie.

Burn dubs don't lie

It's not real you fucking moron.

>Walking Dead should have been turned into a movie.
you miss the entire point of TWD. Just go watch a zombie movie.

>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Rich people now shovel poo and poor people now run society (cause all rich people are useless and never earned their way and all poor people aren't lazy and on welfare)
>Israel is best rael
>Is North Korea in a tunnel just hiding out or are they all zombies???????? It's like some kinda Schrodinger's cat of asians, so cool!
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>For some reason only this random African guy has ONE CRAZY PLAN that will save us and nobody else could ever come up with such a brilliant strategy
>Every character is unrealistically descriptive for "interviews", like it's some lonely Jewish hack writing a shitty fiction book that'll be gobbled up by Americans
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Oh no, how dare... HOW DARE Brad Pitt ruin such a *snicker* "classic" book - Max Brooks' salient and cutting satire of modern society that still rings true today - how dare he.

Truly, zombie genre fiction has peaked with this tome

Whew lad.

its not like this movie was consistent with the turning time. You turned how fast the plot needed you to turn

This is for making me laugh milk out my nose, faggot.

(You)

looks like burned you REAL good and you're still salty over it.

this was all me, btw

>salty
Hey Mr. Reddit!

Out of the trash this goes

>Hey Mr. Reddit!

hey, captain butthurt

Tell your mom to clean her cooch and this wouldn't happen.

This is what keeps me believing Sup Forums isn't dead

MINEEYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY OF THE COMING OF THE DUBS

Decent pasta

I come for the discussion

But i stay for the bantz

Brad Pitt.

Braindead

Patient Zero came out of Korea, right? I never understood how the Zombies in World War Z spread from Asia to America when they mutate in like 8 minutes (or seconds?).

With a telepathic ability to to tell when someone has literally just been infected with a terminal illness hours before just by looking at them.

The main character was a family man. It was like Daycare of the Dead.

He denied the holocaust? When?
If so, based.

>Following a religious revolution and the revival of Russian orthodoxy, Russia is now an expansionist theocracy known as the Holy Russian Empire. Owing to the fact that many young Russians either became zombies, were infected with HIV, or died due to drugs, the government has initiated a "breeding" program, with the remaining fertile women implied to be coercively impregnated to raise the birthrate.

Damn you Hollywood