/trek/ - Friday Night Star Trek Thread

What's your favourite Murder Mystery in Star Trek, any why isn't it The Undiscovered Country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g9jpAV3G5rY
youtube.com/watch?v=sf8rDpu1vCk
youtube.com/watch?v=JfCpDQKHcUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Friday night
>not even 10 in the morning

daily reminder that Odo is the best character in any Star Trek series.

>Friday night
>7am Saturday Morning on Christmas Island

To the future.

I love that dinner scene, it's probably the best comedykino the series had

>living on Christmas Island

Shouldn't you be collecting palm fronds and trying to wave down planes?

>implying that Clues wasn't the best mystery episode
It's funny to me that you think that

There's so many to chose from. I really like Necessary Evil though.

>It's an Odo and Dukat episode

why is that spaceship wearing a sombrero

Has there been any other trek film to reach the peak comfy levels of ST:VI ?

Not really. There were a lot of moments in 5 that had the same feeling, like the opening and closing scenes in the forest, and all the scenes on The Planet of Peace up until the fan dance.

I think the best thing about 6 is it's a real journey, it goes all over the place from political intrigue to slapstick to murder mystery to heartwarming send-off for the crew, but somehow it doesn't feel disjointed like Revenge of the Sith.

youtube.com/watch?v=g9jpAV3G5rY

>up until the fan dance, but the main plot is so silly and the attempts to make it dignified or impressive really ruins it.*
Dunno how I lost that part

Daily Reminder that Dukat did everything wrong.

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong

I hope Bryan "Fill Me" Fuller gets a spooky visit from him this Christmas and learns the error of his ways.

If you could create one character in the new Star Trek series and they had to be a race that hasn't been a main character before, who do you pick?

>not wishing only good luck for Byran Fuller
What a shame.

He's going to need good luck when pedowood is exposed

>daily reminder that Odo is the best character in any Star Trek series.
Daily reminder than you misspelled "Garak".

So why did The Klingons have a Federation logo on their ship?

They were making it up as they went along. Gene's "vision" was just Gene making more Hollywood connections so he could score more coke at celebrity orgies.

>Has there been any other trek film to reach the peak comfy levels of ST:VI ?

Star Trek IV

youtube.com/watch?v=sf8rDpu1vCk
youtube.com/watch?v=JfCpDQKHcUw

>It's a Data accidentally emotionally destroys an old woman episode

If he hadn't pretended to be her son she never would have killed the crystalline entity. RIP.

>Previous episode showed the crystalline entity conspiring with Lore to destroy the Enterprise
>No we can't fire photon torpedoes at it until we attempt to communicate with it!
And don't fucking tell me about Picard's respect for life.

>>Previous episode showed the crystalline entity conspiring with Lore to destroy the Enterprise
Did they know that though? I thought Wesley caught him before they could do whatever it was they were going to do

Name a more hamfisted episode.

Protip: you can't

How about the anti-drug PSA episode that had a scene where Yarr and Wesley literally talk about why drugs are bad

Data walks in and hears as Lore is talking to it and explaining he's going to lower the shields so it can attack.

>Episode is about how you shouldn't fear other races
>Does it with an alien races so powerful you should absolutely fear them

This is like how the X-Men tries to tell a "don't discriminate against gay people" story except where gay people are walking nuclear bombs.

How about an anti-drug episode where the drug has no side effects and in addition to making you happy gives you perfect health, and Kirk decides it must be destroyed because it interferes with his military career?

That's an odd way to spell Garak dude. I like Odo though.

>not garak
>not nog
>not quark
>not data
>not Picard
Shut taste, desu

How about the anti-drug PSA episode where Wesley's mom essentially has an orgasm while he sits in the room with her?
As far as drug episodes went, that one was so bafflingly hamfisted it's practically a parody.

ST:VI is the best original cast movie.

it feels more like a warning against over indulging on the internet.

Because the internet was a thing during TNG.

Because Star Trek loves Mexican culture.

NO SUCH THING!