youtube.com/watch?v=izkqPdVAdL4
clyp.it/ttcaax5c
clyp.it/tpdy2axe
youtube.com/watch?v=fLmzeRFVVBs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=7udClrQtmws

God damn, that tone
How can steel strings even compete?

guys what is the most versatile fuzz pedal? i want to get fuzzy but i don't know where to start

when will headless instruments not be hideously ugly?

Good question.
youtube.com/watch?v=eseUe93oAUg

dunno but a floyd rose can do this shit without using this "ass" model

anybody else use rocksmith?

4x12 or 2x12?

2x12

T. guy who's sick of lugging around a 4x12

OP guitar is hard tail.

>Big Muff Pi - rly heckin fuzzy, very often used, do a little research and you'll see it's extremely popular for a reason

>Fuzz Face - More low key, often too little in my experiences

>ZVEX Fuzz Factory - It can go from pretty normal fuzz sounds to fucking insane stuff, if you want something a little more experimental

>I've heard the Earthquaker Devices Hoof is very good but I've never used it.

yeah ikr it looks like a big booty spread out

oi /gg/

olá moçoila desvairada

lol

what you think of this bass tone i got with a sm57?
is it good material for mixing?

clyp.it/sal1fr1i

youtube.com/watch?v=TBppY779y24

if you listen closely theres a lower pitched note on the lead guitar. what can it be? was it all played with fuller chords?

>check local cl
>the same 4x12s that have been there all year
>someone listed a memory foam mattress as a musical instrument

I like the fuzz on my Monterey.

>tfw you skip the warm up

Just bought pic related, what am I in for?

gay as fuck desu
couldnt even make it 30 seconds in

lots of trash and bm ´nyway post some of your stuff hope you are not any of these gas begginers.

Hello dudes. I've been playing guitar for about a month. I bought a Fender Squier starter pack for $200. I can already tell I want something nicer.

I've done some research but my knowledge of what a guitar is worth is somewhat limited. I'm looking at this Les Paul Standard Top Pro, which I can get for $350 used.

From the description" This Les Paul has upgraded Hotch G and 57ch G pickups, Grover tuners, and a TonePros locking bridge and tailpiece".

All in all I think it's a good guitar. I've read reviews on Epiphone Les Paul guitars. I am 80% sure to get it. Would love some other opinions though.

>want something nicer
>cheap epiphone

thats hardly counts as an upgrade

Can you wait to buy something nicer? You're replacing your Squier with another sort of Squier, so to speak.

Epi Standard is a nice instrument go for it

dont enter into gas for godsake just play.

55chan.org/mu/src/1507169900550-0.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1507169900550-1.ogg

Is it really? I was under the impression that it would be a decent upgrade (desu mostly looking at the proce tags), but again my knowledge is limited. I assume I should look at Gibson Les Paul if I want a real upgrade?

Don't be ridiculous. The most important thing for a guitarist should do is buy more gear.

Why on earth do you need a les paul if you've been playing for "about" a month?

Because I know what I want and have the means to do so? If it pleases you I've been wanting to play for over a decade but started playing classical piano in its place

I'd say wait to purchase the Gibson you truly want, user. What's your favorite piano piece?

its a Condor Les Paul what he truly wants

with an alien tube amplifier

The piece that tipped me over the edge and made me start playing was Chopin Ballade No. 1. I saw it performed live and my life changed forever.

How hard is it to level frets? One of my guitars needs work, and there's no one in the area that does that type of service.

pro tip: look through Reverb for a used epi les paul custom, way nicer feeling guitars than the basic bottom of the line new ones they make. I got mine for 300 bux

epi lp custom vs vintage v100

Looks like a dope site. I thought my only options were craigslist and ebay. Thanks!

yep, also check out guitarcenter.com used section, there are incredible deals there all the time if you can discern between "used" and "trashed."

this is just like /gg/

If its the one made in America then you're in for a lot of fun if you like playing metal but also jamming chill stuff on a clean channel with a delay pedal and reverb. If its the one not made in America then be prepared to give it in for repair 5 times in the coming year.

Can get this stack for $150. I only want the 4x12. I need a better cab and I’ve heard these things are built like tanks and sound bretty gud. Should I shoot the guy a message about buying the cab for $75? Currently using a friend’s Bugera 4x12

That's super thin
Record bass DI
Or at least use a mic with better bass frequency response than a 57 copy

>he doesn't play the foam mattress

top zozzle to be honest

Stop wasting your time after memes. Learn your instrument properly.

You are just hurting yourself in the long term.

I got 250 gift card for my birthday, and I want a new bass before my gig next week, and it's Amazon only.
I've narrowed it down between an Ibanez Talman 300 or a Yamaha TRBX.

The Talman is 50 bucks out of my pocket and the TRBX is 30. The TRBX is the most cookie cutter bass in the world but loads better than my Rondo SX that I love (in for repairs... shitty wiring, imagine that).

Which would you get? The Talman first. It comes in a less retarded looking sunburst as well.

And the super basic but solid Yamaha.

>hurting
That's the feel I was trying to convey.

gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/USA/Thunderbird-Bass.aspx

is pau ferro fretboard good with maple neck?

Pls stop.

I don't play bass, but if I did...

No, pau ferro is bacon-colored filth. I just bought a rosewood 2016 American strat because the availability is going to be shit from now on.

The talman looks better to me, and a bridge humbucker is really handy ime

I'll do it then.

I don't have perfect pitch. Should I just give up?

You should give up for entertaining that idea, not because you lack perfect pitch.

Perfect pitch is convenient but not needed. Good relative pitch is what you need

do you guys think anyone other than guitarists find his playing here groovy/musically interesting at all?
youtube.com/watch?v=izkqPdVAdL4
im skeptical

The American guitars are getting Ebony in place of rosewood. Only the Mexicans and Squires are getting pau ferro.

im supposed to hate annie clark and her shitty signature guitar, but i dont. why?

You probably have low testosterone levels

Yes, m8. He is quite popular.

thanks

>what am I in for?
Peavey? chugs

guitars are gay

no u

goodnight /gg/ i love you

Is replacing modern tuning machines with vintage ones on a Fender something my local guitar shop could easily do?

why you would do such thing its backwards

rate pls
clyp.it/ttcaax5c
clyp.it/tpdy2axe

but why?

I can understand the use of vintage equipment for authentic sound, but a tuner?

for looks, idiot

The Ibanez looks better, has more variety in tone. Very good bass.

Who the fuck buys somebody a gift card for $250? Why do people still do this bullshit, it's way more conveniant to have CASH.

Ok /gg/ I have a problem.
I've bought a Line 6 DL4, loving it, but the volume dip on it is starting to really annoy me. Does anyone know any britbong based pedal mod shops that do mods for this. I've seen stuff online, but it all seems to be US based

Deluxe Big Muff Pi is a nice option. It's the same as the regular Big Muff with the added option to tweak the midrange to completely change the sound, and the midrange tweaking can be hooked up to an expression pedal too.

>What am I in for?

Retubing and replacing the shit speakers with Celestions or Eminence.

t.valveking 212 owner for 10 years

is the bass ahead of behind the beat on the intro
youtube.com/watch?v=fLmzeRFVVBs

**or** behind
fixd

behind

are the drums behind the metronome too ro not

Underrated instrument imho. I heard Van Halen played a little bit of mattress on the first album. Got a nice warm tone out of it.

did anyone say foam

Disgusting.

reminder to support fender, the good guys.

>sell jazzmasters
>good guys

Absolutely disgusting.

Guys how do I effectively into feedback noise as a sound source? I think I just blew up my ears trying to get something decent out of it but it was just the typical shit I can't really use by itself.

When did it become cool to talk shit about Fender?

I'm just shit about pau ferro and ebony. I just bought an American strat.

>Trying to defend the Fender cartel

This general is so gross.

post examples
having the cab at a guitar height instead of laying at the ground is almost a must
besides of that i think you can learn by experimenting with it. try playing a clear note or chord and letting it ring with the guitar in front of the speaker

What?

Anyon else experience this weird breathing they do when playing?

Sometimes i heavily breath in almost louder than the instrument. I noticed this with pianists, too. Especially when i play something strong or striking, i actually gasp.

WTF is this.