SKATEBOARDING IS GAY

SKATEBOARDING IS GAY

ur fat

Feel like only fat people who could never skateboarrd would something stupid like this. Either that or they're people who are too retarded to learn. Which one are you, OP

It's had periods of being gay and periods of being cool. Sorta gay rn tho

confirxed

only if trucks touch.

Fat people aren't the only people who use the internet, as some people seem to think.

I skateboarded from probably 98' until 2004'
I'd like to say that there is a big cultural shift that happened to skateboarding in the early 2000's that I didn't want to be a part of.

Used to be just baggy jeans, hanging out with your friends, and it was practically underground. It was it's own culture of punk and there wasn't all this madness of social media.

Then the Jews got it. Turned the stores into skinny jean/sparkle shirts. Forced rap onto it and this type of self-important mantra really messed things up.

I couldn't even go to a skatepark or anything in the mid 2000's because there was some faggot trying to be tough in front of his underaged girlfriend. It literally went from a few people to swarms of 13 year olds and because they were little kids If I slapped them I'd be fucked and if I was even there they would just use their knowledge that I couldn't legally do anything to be huge assholes.

It just changed. Night and day. It's pretty damn terrible. I'd say skateboarding is gay right now. For the most part it is, but some of the old school skateboarders are keeping that tradition. Sadly, mob mentality and the 'programming' on television will dictate how gay it gets.

The fucking stopped selling Baggy bullhead jeans at PacSun like 14 years ago. It's all this tight skinny jean crap.

>blaming the jews again

Confirmed.

That may be true, but since the majority of Sup Forums are stay at home basement dwellers, it pretty much makes their opinion about a lot of things invalid, especially things involving physical activity

Ftfy

Now this picture is fappable

>Forced rap onto it and this type of self-important mantra really messed things up.
That's been happening since the late 80's early 90's, user. You're just being naive

nah they are all right. instagram is ruining it at the moment.

Skateboarding is still a thing? Dang.

If you have a better reason on why the shift happened so ridiculously from it being a cultural thing to it turning into what it is today I'd be happy to hear it.

The only thing I can honestly say that helped and hurt skateboarding to a monsterous degree was Tony Hawk Pro Skater on PS1. I saw a lot of good things come out of it and if it just kept with that game then it wouldn't have been that terrible.

But this rap/skinny jean/sparkle shirt flat billed hat bullcrap entitled rude dickhead culture. Where do you suppose that came from?

I know this. What I'm saying is that *ahem* it accelerated from rarely hearing it only in movies like the ninja turtles or background music for a thug scene into Nelly. Then it is just flooded absolutely everything.

>especially things involving physical activity
I mean, as kids we were all physically active. It means nothing.

Also, skateboarders put me into mind of these "basement dwellers" you're talking about.

when did rollerblading become gays-only?

when did razor scooters become not-gay?

what has happened to the world

All fads are gay. That's what's going on.

I disagree completely.

Kids nowadays that join the military are having hip fractures. Things that typically only happen to people that do physical activities in their 50's and 60's. I've seen it. More times than I'd like to really say.

Kids aren't nearly as physically active now as they were 15 years ago. Not even close. So now the military literally had to curtail their workout drills to strange 'low-impact' 'low-stress on joints' workouts so they can reduce the amount of people being medically discharged.

This was back in 2013-2015 when I dealt with trainees. Suggesting that just because you're a kid means you're physically active is not true at all.

Rollerblading became gay once skateboarding happened. Literally that's how it happened.

Razor's became gay when people started doing tail whips and back flips with them. Scooters used to just be for transport. Once it became this doo-dad flippy crap thing then it became gay.

>Razor's became gay when people started doing tail whips and back flips with them. Scooters used to just be for transport. Once it became this doo-dad flippy crap thing then it became gay

no dude, every time i go to the skatepark now its full of kids with razor scooters. something's changed, those things used to be gay as hell

Well I guess you would hate me even more.]

I cannot even push cos all I did was use electric skateboards.

Feels good to go 28mp/h 45km/h and enjoy the concrete wave!

In short, come at me bro!

I got away from skateparks ever since I got older and kids just lost their manners for everything.

I didn't realize people still used those things. I'd also say that 'razors' are much easier to learn and balance so the ability to look like a total ass it minimalized. You cann't just pick up a skateboard and cruise through a park.

Comparing an electric skateboard to an actual skateboard is like me comparing is like comparing nascar to rally racing.

Sure, you're moving in a car, but one is obviously meant for everything such as rails, etc, and jumping curbs while the other is essentially a sideways segway.

Poster you are replying to.

Very good analogy.

I use it as persoanl portable transport as it has 38 miles (60 kilometers) range.

Great for bus rides as I cannot take a bike onto the bus and generally more fun. Also portable under the work desk.

Love it when I overtake cyclists.