ITT: Critically acclaimed albums that you simply don't understand the hype they get

ITT: Critically acclaimed albums that you simply don't understand the hype they get.

Hard mode: No classics from the 60s-90s that everyone loved just so you can be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Pic related; nothing really stands out about this album, and the fact that it's been compared to Kid A and Loveless is fucking hilarious.

Who compares it to Kid A and Loveless?

anything kendrick lamar, its all shit

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think its better than Loveless by a long shot. Not as good as Kid A, but I listen to Currents more frequently than Kid A.

I like Kendrick...but feel that way about Kanye West, always though his production was shit

I think Currents is BETTER then both of the albums you mentioned.

Pretty much every artist makes a "Magnum opus" album which goes for a more mainstream vibe to recognition, they've been a lot bigger in the industry thanks to that album. Every artist does it.

I take my mind back: I concur with you.

I want to know this, too.

Currents is easily Kevin's worst album.

>Normal mode
Trout Mask Replice. Pretentious trash. So much better avant garde music out there
>Hard mode
The Age of ADZ. I don't get what makes it so special, or any better than Illinois or Michigan. There were some amazing songs, but most of the tracks aren't that impressive, and some are even pretty bad

How can you be so wrong

For me it's Carrie and Lowell. Shit's boring af compared to Age of Adz and Illinois.

he isn't

Different guy.
He is.

Currents is TI/KP's best

10/10

Not even fucking joke my nigga

lonerism is way better, currents isn't even a bad album. it was just disappointing and not nearly as strong as their earlier albums.

Respectfully disagree.

Lonerism is a close second in my opinion.

That being said, I completely understand why many don't appreciate currents, given it's development, and frankly, overall dramatic dynamic changes requires to Tame Impala's sound.

Don't get me wrong, I love all their earlier work.

Lonerism is in my top ten.

but Currents is in my top 3
and for good reason.

Radiohead in general

you donget it
he's gay

I've never heard anyone compare this to Kid A or Loveless, but it is a great record. All of Kevin's other stuff is meandering 60s revival. This is straightforward and catchy synthpop. Love/Paranoid is the best song Kevin's ever written, and it's one of my absolute favorite songs of all time.

Pic related has always been an album mu was aware of, but only recently has it been pushed into being essentially Sup Forumscore with hos much it gets talked about now. I listened to it a long time ago when I started browsing Sup Forums, thought it was okay and moved on. Since this resurgence I gave it another listen, still just think it's okay. There's good drum textures and things like that, but the album gives me 0 emotional impact at all.

the entire discographies of:
>sufjan stevens
>radiohead
>tame impala
>kendrick
>

I feel the same way about Loveless

personally its the vocals, lyrics and his sound were more dreamy and overall better on Lonerism. Also lots of filler.

i'm the complete opposite, Illinois bored the hell out of me and C&L made me shed tears

>No classics from the 60s-90s
So basically stuff from the oughts?

I don't think CURRENTS is critically aclaimed

Like another poster said above, I just can't get behind Radiohead.

I honestly don't think Currents has any filler honestly.

Every single song has been my favorite at one point or another.

Only one track I didn't like at first (past life) but has since grown on to become my overall favorite I think.

I also find the lyrics a lot more relatable