Tfw you will never jump in unison while listening to Sum 41 in a skateboard bowl at the hottest party of your high...

>tfw you will never jump in unison while listening to Sum 41 in a skateboard bowl at the hottest party of your high school in 2001

>you will never stab someone to death with your frosted tips

I came of age during that era in the very center of where that kind of music and style came out of at the time (actually that style was more accurately 97 / 98 / 99 but went into the early 00s around places like Orange County).

It was fucking awful though. Somehow I can appreciate Blink 182 in retrospect though, because they're so fake it's almost like electronic music or something.

>you will never take your driving test with Sum 41 in the background while the cops chase you around the entire town

>tfw you wasted your time
>tfw you became another casualty of society

you gotta love the blink

you will never cum 41

Thank fuck. What a cultural wasteland that time period was.

>hottest party

i agree. fuck drumpf and fuck white people. *turns on some indie rock*

Literally did this

>Graduated high school in 2002

You can never leave this place.

Impressed you're still kickin, I'd assume anyone on here would kill themselves by 26

I've only been browsing Sup Forums and the chinz for a couple of years, the anonymous component is a huge plus compared to other forms of social media and music discussion.

I Mainly use the sharethreads to expand my horizons / expose myself to new music and help out people requesting albums that I might have grabbed when they were still in middle school.

Underrated post.

"I will die before 30" is stupid 14 years old rhetoric.

yeah, everyone knows that on your 30th birthday you become meguca

this. rose coloured glasses

no you don't

Was 2007 where everything to shit? 9/11 was the end of freedom; 2007 was the end of everything else.

"gen Z teenagers thinking 2007 was some turning point because they finally stopped being a baby and became aware of the world around them" is the worst meme

You know I am right. Something happened that year for the worse

windows vista was so fucking shit jesus christ
i was like 8 at the time and my brothr kept installing it on our pc its annoying

I've seen many people in their mid-late 20s say it actually

>TFW you will never get to experience Warped Tour in its heyday

31, I can't leave. I tried.

>how to tell if man child

Glad I was only 9 years old in 2000. I loved Sum 41 and Blink-182, but I was only 9, so it was cool. Can't imagine being in my late teens or early 20s and listening to that shit.

kek

I'm fine with that, being a teenager in the 10s is less annoying, back then looked kinda shitty with the angst pop and pop-"punk" wankery going on.
>inb4 underage b&

underage b&

It was but nows as bad if not worse.

When I was that age, Yeezus was coming out and all the normies were doing acid and going on nature walks.

>skateboard bowl

found the poser who's never skated

yes I've never skateboarded, I'm not a fucking loser

fag

kek

I went last year, it was kinda depressing seeing all the shit bands and just realizing the whole thing was a shell of its former self, a relic of the past.

I enjoyed Sum 41 and Reel Big Fish but even that was depressing in a way, knowing they hadn’t released anything noteworthy in 15+ years.

It’s so weird how trends and pop culture changes so dramatically so quickly.

same. I have a soft spot for some of that cheesy shit so I enjoyed DGD, Emmure, and hatebreed but it was very sad knowing I didnt give a fuck about 80% of the lineup

You were too young to remember that 2008 was the year of huge economic decline. That, or you were living off your parents at the time.

I don't see how, Gen Z teens seem more level headed in my experience. We've got trap but there's plenty of people from Z who like a mix of old and new shit.

Even Bowie fell for the frosted tips meme

underrated post

>tfw suddenly you don't feel so insecure

Yeah it hurts.

Worst song on DTLI? desu

Not true if you live in New Jersey
The NJ music scene is stuck in 2001

My Direction

Why? Because of the speaking part about teenage suicide? The reason I don't care for The Hell Song is because I don't like pop punk bands talking about "growing up" or maturing because of >muh tragedy

>this was the last and best pop punk album ever created

>Yellowtard
lol gay shit for fags

The best pop punk albums are, in order
...Is A Real Boy
Infinity On High
Folie A Deux
From Beneath The Cork Tree

debate me

lol gay shit for fags

It's annoying.

The Hell Song has a great chorus and hook, even if the verse sounds like that Nickelback song. Pop punk shouldn't be analyzed for the lyrics, songs like this one are just a hodgepodge of ideas that teenagers are supposed to pick out and apply to their lives.

>Why do things that matter the most
Never end up being what we chose
>Everybody's got their problems, Everybody says the same things to you
>It's just a matter how you solve them, And knowing how to change the things you've been through
>I can't believe this happened to you
>I feel I've come to realize How fast life can be compromised

The song isn't about ANYTHING, and it's not supposed to be because the target demographic (11-17 year olds) don't demand contiguous thoughts. I remember how true these lines rang for me at 15 and now at 23 I realize this song doesn't mean anything at all. It's just a bunch of psuedo-philospphy, and that's perfectly fine.

>Pop punk shouldn't be analyzed for the lyrics
That's the one distinguishing quality it has.

>one

Music for teenagers, which blink-182 and Sum 41 inarguably are, can't be expected to be profound.

Infinity on High sucks dude

>The song isn't about ANYTHING

the hell song was about a friend of Deryck's who contracted HIV and how useless he felt upon learning about it. it's entry level sum 41 trivia every 13 year old knew back in the day.

>"Dude I have HIV."
>"Look man everybody has their problems, it's just a matter of how you solve them."
>"...You know there's no cure, right?"

It's so vague that it can be about anything. That's the beauty of it. I thought of lines of this song in ways that had nothing to do with HIV.