Why are normies so obsessed with ed sheeran? what is his appeal?

why are normies so obsessed with ed sheeran? what is his appeal?

You can't deny he has a nice voice. Also i think a large portion of the general public is desperate for anything that isn't rap or electronically produced pop. It means that any bum with a guitar like Ed can be a huge.

music for fat girls too cry to. you could make this argument about most artists

He emotes in this really cheesy, obvious way, and lame stupid people like that.

JUST
U
S
T

he actually writes amazing songs, has super relatable, honest lyrics; is an crazy unique guitar player and a great person to boot

Hey Ed!

Are they really obsessed? I assumed he was just there in the background and people thought "that's alright I guess"

That's how the majority of people consume music now.

NICE COMEBACK MYR i loved this ... btw ms ESheeraen is fucking clever because commercially he got in the nice guitarino guy niche and fucking owned it through white folky poppy sugary sheit when no one was thinking about doin' it and now everyone tries the guitarino way because "Sheeran me in the ass pls"

Are you alright?

yes I'm just a lil high and english is not my main language so I have to hide my terrible skills through memeing. thank you for asking though, appreciate it

middlebrow 'wackiness'

He on radio
Normie like man on radio

I suppose it is a credit to normal people being at all into an artist that looks like he does, after Mtv happened. It's too bad his music is so unbearably shit though.

It's the same group of people that love coldplay. As a musician myself Ed is far worse than Coldplay. It's like everything he writes is solely to appeal to people and sell records. The lyrics are so cheesy it's crazy! Pretty much every song of his uses the same 4 chord compositions too. It all just seems so fake.

Actually I go back on that when I said it's the same group of people that like coldplay. Many Coldplay fans will be Ed Sheeran fans but Sheeran will have many young female normies that aren't into Coldplay because they're too old and haven't given them a chance.

It's weird to think though that this schlubby gamer-looking dweeb managed to write such cheesey, poppy guitar-based songs that he actually overcame his loser status and became an icon for the most normie of normies and probably fucks really normal types of hot chicks.

Like, those cheesy dorks who learn guitar to get the girls, he actually pulled it off.

Good for him, I guess?

He's a nice bloke i suppose don't really care for the music

>As a musician myself

no one cares fag, just state your criticism

black lady at my work in bumfuck TN was talking about how she took her kids to see Ed live

He probably is a nice guy. I shouldn't be so hard on him as a person. Good luck to him I guess.

he used to ghost write for Taylor swift and other UK pop stars. taylor liked him cause he was just a normal dude with talent for pop songs. heck, he used to do shit with grime artist also.

he's pretty much a mac DeMarco for ultra normies if you wanna make a comparison.
unlike what Sup Forums claims theirs a huge market for ppl who still don't care for hip hop besides some drake songs.

he is literally just a slightly shittier eric clapton

>heck, he used to do shit with grime artist also.

HE GHOSTWROTE SONGS FOR GRIMES??

Grimesposters BTFO

no grime....

im not sure I can bring myself to really hate on Ed Sheeran. His music isn't for me, but I can see how he has a skill in producing music people like. And if that sells and thats working for him then good for him. Hes not pretending to be something he isnt.

reformed fan of both here - coldplay aren't nearly as bad though tbqhwyf. Even if their early stuff was the same simpering """"indie"""" pop rock as Ed, they've been (realtively) adventurous with instrumentation and style on their more recent stuff.
>Viva was full of grandstanding
>Prospekt's March was Viva But Better
>MX was neon good vibes
>Ghost Stories was atmospheric and raw
>AHFoD is MX with synth beats instead of any actual instruments.

Most of these have been shallow poppy trash musically and lyrically, but they're more out there than basically anything Ed's done.

He's Mike Hucknall's son

>coldplay
>better than anyone

I can't stand his music but he's a really nice bloke

Almost everything that Ed does is teary melodramatic rubbish, but Shape of You is honestly a fantastic song.

>SHE PLAYED MY FIDDLE LIKE AN IRISH LAD

What did he mean by this?

It means you're fucking deaf, faggot.

I'm in love with your body
OOOH AAH OOH AAH OOH AAH OOH AAH

his voice is mediocre and if you listen carefully you can tell he has poor breath control and almost no projection