>old thread
>>

Shrinkfags stay out.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttraumatic_growth
youtube.com/watch?v=XA-4B2d4L18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WilliamxDolores is OUR SHIP

But user-kun, we haven't reached any limits.

>episode with no MIB

so i just saw this from the watchmojo top 10 shit on youtube

this is white hat's sadistic friend in the back isn't it?

>mfw I cannot download it due to being out of town and they got in trouble for torrents last week and internet shut off for a day

That's Hector, the bandit guy, not William's douchebag friend.

Is it worth watching the original?

Kys

No, I think that's the blackhat host cowboy that guest dude, whose quest with the sheriff malfunctioned, shot before he could finish his speech

>they blow their load with a robot revolution on ep. 4

Wow that was fast.

well, it looks like his violent ends have violent delights

Real feelings and history together > manufactured ones

What was teddy's stance meant to convey?

Like my post if you want Teddy to become the hero we need

shit i fucked that up didn't i

Beta cuck < slightly less beta cuck

DOLO x TEDDY = ARRANGED FAKE LOVE
DOLO x WILLIAM = PURE TRUE LOVE

Reminder Teddy let this happen.

Claiming hookerfu.

Also hope the dykeslinger comes back.

But McPoyle is ugly tho.

With Teddy and Dolores you get a beautiful couple.

William willingly likes her, Teddy can't say the same.

And Teddy's a fucking loser whose courage is programmed so he's a far bigger beta and cuck

Fuck looks

>Also hope the dykeslinger comes back

This, she's the only one playing WW right.

And I mean, she has to, she's going after Teddy.

why does she wake up with lipstick and all her makeup already on?

fucking hack tv show

then i claim the blond chick on the train who "is a 2 where we're going"

>implying Teddy and Dolores aren't the Adam and Eve of this story
>implying both won't develop real feelings for each other
>implying it won't end with Dolores meeting up with Teddy

Classic foreshadowing for his inevitable rampage once his inhibitor unlocks.

Will GROWIN' BOY be back?

what do you theorize is the MiB final goal once he succeeds in his goal with the maze?

Is he just trying to become the admin of Westworld so he can become god there?

Seems really bland but I dont see where else they can go with it

They won't develop real feelings for each other because they'll never know if the roots of those feelings aren't because of programming and a line of code and sense of shared history that's just more code.

Bi-guy here.
Claiming Maeve AND Growing Boy. I regret nothing.

He's just an autistic easter egg hunter. Like the people that play Call of Duty Zombiesl

>Claiming Maeve

There's a chance that he could be Arnold and he faked his death.

This. Teddy and Dolores aren't Adam and Eve, they're Romeo and Juliet in a sense. They're star-crossed lovers and those always end in disaster.

daily reminder that Bernard is a host made by Ford to see how close he can get to Arnolds dream of creating perfect consciousness

whenever Ford comands a host he always says 'you will xyz wont you?' as a verbal que
he says it to that little boy on the hill telling him not to come back to that hill and a couple other times

and when Bernard is leaving Fords office, Ford says to him
'you will let me know of anymore incidents with the hosts, wont you?'

they literally could not have made it anymore obvious

>And I mean, she has to, she's going after Teddy.

Not anymore, they'll have to keep him dead or away from her.

Good analysis, I agree.

Gunslinger Teddy confirmed.

Explain the wife and dead son.

Backstory

>Teddy and Dolores aren't Adam and Eve
It makes more sense. Dolores gains knowledge(sentiment in this case) and Teddy will follow her.

Medical technology is so advanced that Ford remarks we can "keep even the weakest of us alive." Yet we're supposed to believe that Bernard's son died in a hospital.

All of his backstory and family can be explained the same way the backstory and family of any other host can be explained - it's all manufactured. Just a generic story to structure a personality around. This would mean that his wife is also a host (or just a computer program since there's no need for her to be physical).

Is the Dykeslinger gonna be in more episodes?

I hope she wasn't just a throw away character to get this new plot in motion. Her and the budding friendship with Teddy was cute.

Alright, I'm convinced.

He's a big guy

The only good thing about this show is her tits.

It's just the way he talks. The Androids are programmed to obey you, no matter how you phrase it.

This would bring about an interesting scenario.

thanks but it wasnt mine its from reddit
you should check out r/westworld much more in depth theories and cool analysis there then your even going to find in these threads about
MUH SHRINKRAY
MUH ARMSTICE
MUH GROWING BOY
MUH WAT WUD U DO

I have a question though. Do these wounds actually cause incapacitation or are they just programmed to think they died?

If they can be so easily killed they aren't really much to worry about in the upcoming uprising

your a fucking fool, learn to read subtext in art.

and enjoy weeping to your self silently in a couple weeks when you realize how right I am

They're programmed to fake die. That's why growing boy kept going despite having milk come out of him

They're programmed to think they're dying and are probably given a command to essentially ragdoll depending on where they're shot.

Take out that command, and they'd logically get a lot more dangerous.

nah man i'd totally give you props if you were right. but i don't think it makes sense given the wife and son backstory, the dolores story, the tension between him and ford. plus, to even get a job being a supervisor at westworld you'd have to have a legitimate history in the outside world.

the more i talk about it the more of a madman you sound like

This show is just too confusing for me

Whose hand is this?

>2deep4u

Holy shit what a pompous asshole. You even said you got the theory from fucking reddit. You know what, I hope he doesn't turn out to be a fucking robot just to imagine you sperging out at the revelation.

Indeed my dear frogposter, indeed.

bravo nolan

No. The boybot objects to Ford's order initially.

>"You'd best head home now."
>"But Tommy's not going to believe--"
>"You're not going to come back here again, are you?"

Only then does the host walk away. I think Androids within the park don't obey all commands given since that would break immersion. To avoid this, the programmer's gave a few key phrases and styles of wording things (e.g. "deep and dreamless slumber") in order to make their commands sure to be followed.

Ford is the CEO, he can employ whoever or whatever he wants in his company, we already saw how easily Ford can add backstories to hosts to build characteristics, how did his son die of illness if they live in a world where medical problems are a thing of the past and even the weakest of them can survive? we have already seen hosts being employed in the outside world with the beautiful blonde that leads McPoyle into westworld.

Bernard was not programmed to be complacent like Dolores, he was made as a pet project of Ford to see how close he can get to natural consciousness.

that scene with Bernard in Ford's office where he draws the pyramid of the different levels of creating consciousness was a test for Bernard to test if he could see the top of the pyramid yet, but since it was still out of reach of his programming he just saw it as 'nothing' as they are programmed to do when faced with something that does not compute

FED-EX me your dick and balls when you find out I'm right.

If an android entered the game as a guest, would the hosts perceive him as a guest or as a host?

They'd presume them as part of the park, either human or otherwise.

In the original movie that fucking mustache fag with all the makeup asked how you could tell between who's human or not. While the way to see the difference was in the palms of the androids' hands, James Brolin's character said it didn't really matter to the guests.

:^)

We also already know whats at the top of Fords consciousness pyramid.

When the MiB interrogates Lawrence and his family in episode 2 he tells him that when you're suffering that's when you're most real. We see this play out with both Dolores and Maeve as they seem to gain consciousness after experiencing their families being murdered by the MiB. Bernard is also made more human when Ford brings up the loss of his son Charlie.

additional reading:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttraumatic_growth

my theories are iron-clad

>my theories are iron-clad

Literally nobody here thinks you're cool or impressive. You'll find no upvotes here.

It all fits together once you figure out how the shrink rays work.

Nice try everyone, but best westworldfu is Bernard's coworker

So your argument is that suffering would be at the top of the pyramid, or what?

don't be salty just because I am enlightened
*tips bowler hat*
don't mind me, Just trying to look chivalrous

youtube.com/watch?v=XA-4B2d4L18

Why does the photo have room for three people?

There's also the example of the persistent one eyed treasure hunter.

The machines are actually vampires and Ford is a vampire lord capable of controlling the visibility of his reflections and projections. This is how he's capable of controlling them.

That Dolores doesn't get to bring friends

>tfw you are exposed to the truth but your feeble host-mind cannot comprehend any evidence that contradicts your worldview so it's blocked from view

Biggest problem with Westworld is all this "memory" would be stored on a hard drive.
Why is every host not built with a removable HD.
Just like our computers and laptops.
Remove HD, dispose of, install new HD and add narration without any "history".

It makes no sense to not build an entire machine with a removable/replaceable hard drive.
Call it whatever you want, even a "brain".
Its a piece of machinery that holds the algorithms passed through it. Making that removable omits the likelihood of an uprising.

>you will let me know of anymore incidents with the hosts, wont you?

If that was the case then why didn't he tell him about Dolores?

Too bad since he's married to Logan's sister.

BTFO

i really don't see how I could have made that anymore clear. Stop watching this show

lol I just realized when elon musk tweeted that thing about his ex getting cast as a lifeless sex robot was accurate he was talking about this show

There have been no incidents regarding Dolores.

*star-cross'd

>i really don't see how I could have made that anymore clear
You could answer my question, dummy. Fill in the blank: Memory, Improvisation, Self-interest, _____.

I don't think there's just need for that. Some of the oldest hosts have probably been running for decades without any problems. The failures happening in this show seem to be pretty new occurence.

>Why is this host covered?
>Why are you covered?

the picture

I enjoy shrink ray and growing boy

>Medical technology is so advanced that Ford remarks we can "keep even the weakest of us alive."
I doubt he's talking about that in an absolute sense. I read it as a reference to modern medicine as we have it now; such as how not letting disabled or sick children die allows them to continue their bloodlines and stand in the way of evolution.

So if any of the main characters are a host then it has to be the black guy right?

Just the way Hopkins talks to him seems like there is something up.

What happens in Westworld, stays in Westworld

But imagine the scene

>William is falling in love with Dolores
>Logan tries to get him to realize that she's not real and that he has a wife back home
>tries to kill Dolores to show him that she's just a robot
>fight ensues with William trying to protect her
>Dolores shoots Logan in self defense showing again that she can think for herself
>they fuck next to Logan's corpse.

Why didn't that guy just say "I dont really feel like looking at his dick" ?

because he is a more advanced version of the host, Fords attempt to create conciousness, he is capable of free will and natural curiosity, which led him to lie about dolores. Bernard is only a few steps from Arnolds ideal host.

Maybe he just didn't wanna look at old man dick.

Was the obvious answer NOT 'I just don't like looking at old mens dicks, I don't care how fake they are'?

>
> > We’ve seen the tourists arrive to the park after a (strangely underground) train ride,
> > so if the park is here on Earth in Arizona, why would the workers be stuck serving
> > long tours away from home for weeks or months, when they could just hop on the
> > train at night and go home to any one of the surrounding cities?
>
> Maybe their model is to have employees on call 24/7 and then replace them.

Then why was Bernard apologizing about the long wait times to communicate with home?
Today we have cellphones and everybody is continually in touch all the time yet we’re to
believe that in the future, you have to get on a list and wait to call home?

> The ride to civilization might be quite long,

They’ve got a high-speed monorail train, if the park is on Earth in Arizona then the workers
are just a short hop from Flagstaff or Albuquerque or wherever.

> there's probably a no-fly zone established around the place

How would the park get a no-fly zone established and why would the government (and all
kinda airlines) agree to that?

> and ride might take many hours. Good enough for tourists but not very good to go back
> and forth every day.

See above; they’ve got a high-speed train.

> Abrams and Nolan don't do this kind of twists. If it's implied to be on Earth, it probably is.

Everything points to Westworld being on another planet and in a vast underground cavern.

This has been used in sci-fi before, such as John Varley’s “Steel Beach”, where humanity
lives on the Moon and there are huge underground caverns hollowed out by nukes and turned
into various ecoregions of Earth (i.e. West Texas, Pacific Northwest, etc.) called “disneylands”.

oldmandickmind

SUFFERING, THE TOP OF THE PYRAMID IS SUFFERING
LIKE I SAID MULTIPLE TIMES IN clear enough autismo?