At the end of a poorly-lit alley, a neon sign flickers back to life. It invites you into the building’s warm interior...

At the end of a poorly-lit alley, a neon sign flickers back to life. It invites you into the building’s warm interior, the bar a shelter from the world’s troubles. You glance at the menu posted on the doorway:

>advice
>conversation
>happy thoughts

Inside, the bartender smiles at you welcomingly. Despite the buzz of both regular and newcomer patrons, you find an empty stool at the counter.

How can I help you tonight, Anonymous?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/31236570/
youtube.com/watch?v=dZX6Q-Bj_xg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh, right! happy new year, as well.

Craft beer of a high proof, barten?
If not, tea. Black.

there's no drinks on the menu, just in my hands for the night. planning to see the old year off drunk?

Oh, looks like you closed up for the night. Sorry, I'll show myself out.

I don't close until 404, hon. what's up?

If your not offering drinks, what's on the menu?

advice, conversation, happy thoughts.

Not much, your thread looked like it was dying so I thought I'd give it a little bump.

I appreciate it, thank you. if the thread ends up going under, though, just means everyone's busy or having a nice enough night that they don't need me. I'll take that as a win in my book any way.

I suppose no seemingly wise man would turn down advice. Whats your advice to bring in this new year?

in a general sense? my advice is to try your hardest to be kind to other people. more people end up regretting hatred than regretting compassion for their fellow man.

Well wishes!

you too, bud. hope 2018 is looking bright for you.

Well, that makes a lot of sense. But why open an establishment such as this for advice? Surely you know most people that end up here arnt the type looking for your offerings.

>more people end up regretting hatred than regretting compassion for their fellow man.

Gotta call bullshit. What are you basing this on?

is rock still around?

because I don't have much to do other than try to help other people.
aight, feel free to cut that sentence off. is there something wrong with aiming to be kind to others?
I'm not the person to ask.

>is there something wrong with aiming to be kind to others?

Not if you don't mind the world taking a big huge crap on you, I guess.

My best advice to anyone would be to have no compassion and to always look out for yourself at the expense of all else.

we'll agree to take some different paths in life, then.

Aight, ill be the fag that wants advice. Im a pretty popular person (school), and I have friends. I iust feel that im not good enough or equal to some of the people around me, now give me some gay ass advice.

I guess the question I have in return is, why do you think that you feel this way?
I'd try to pinpoint where you feel that you're inadequate, what you feel that you could improve. then you can either work on improving what you see as flaws, or working cooperatively with others that complement your shortcomings. or, just learn to live with your beautiful flaws.

Uh...Hi there. I'm sort of busy tonight, but I have a lot on my mind. I'm moving into a University to study cybersecurity this thursday. It'll be my first time with a roommate and my first time being away from home. I'm extremely nervous about it and don't know what to expect, honestly. I've talked to my girlfriend about it, but she's not very good at comforting me. I guess I just needed to tell someone that I'm freaking out.

that's okay! I went through the same stuff before too. it's going to be a bit of a change, and a lot of stuff thrown at you, but you'll get sort of caught up in the flow of it all. before you realize it, it's going to start to feel less scary.
just go through the syllabi, write out your assignments in a planner, and do what you can to stay on top of it. you're going to do great.
what got you into cybersecurity?

I really hope everything goes well. I've carried a 3.8 GPA at my community college but I hear University is way tougher.

Initially I wasn't sure what I wanted to be. I don't have any passions aside from writing stories, and I'm not so arrogant that I would stake my survival on writing a successful story. I grew up spending most of my life on computers to get away from my abusive dad, but I never really learned a whole lot about the security side of things, just the computer hardware. I thought it would be interesting and keep me close enough to my comfort zone and away from sheer boredom.

I suppose I'm more driven by it since a friend of mine recently got arrested for sexually exploiting a minor online. After seeing what happened there, I feel more responsible for helping to keep the internet safer in some sense or another, though I realize it likely won't be in any way related to catching predators online.

that's fair, and a really cool way to turn something that you have interest into a way to try to keep others safe. uni will be a bit of a step up, but that's a pretty solid GPA to go in with. I'd keep my hopes pretty high about it.
and skype your girlfriend now and then. set up times for it, if that's what works best. taking time to see each other is important, even if it's just on a screen.

Well, luckily we've been long distance since day one. I'm actually up visiting her right now. We live four hours away from each other, but I've managed to visit her at least once a month or so. I'll actually only be an hour and a half hour away from her when I move to Uni, so I'm hoping we can see each other more often.

I'm scared more than anything of failing. But I've also got anxiety because I'm not sure who my roommate is yet, and I don't really know where anything is on campus. I'm excited, but terrified.

well, they have no idea who you are either! you'll both probably be nervous about meeting a new person and spending months living with a new person.
will there be an orientation day before classes really start up? you can get a pretty good grasp of the campus layout from that, or you could probably contact your Resident Advisor or the admissions office and see about getting shown around. it'll just take some time to get used to locations, and then they'll just become automatic for you.

mind if I just sit down and listen to people's conversations? you don't even have to talk to me.
the only thing I crave tonight are some people who don't reject me.

This is a nice place, you have here, OP. Take care of it. I just stopped in to say "Hi" and "Happy New Year." Try not to stay up too late, everyone. Have a good one. :)

I don't often ask people to leave, and those I have know exactly why. you're totally welcome to stick around.
you get rejected often?

If I stop by later, will you be here to fill me in?

have a nice night too, user.

To my knowledge, no. Freshman have something like that, but since I'm a transfer student I can't participate. I'm sure everything will work out, it's just...been on my mind a lot, you know? It feels like it's going to be a massive change in my life.

And to some extent it is. And I'm not gonna be ready for it, but I know I'll have to just adapt.

Lovely place youve got here, OP. It feels cozier than where i came from. And with all the shit ive dealt with, i was wondering... Mind helping me send my years worth of pain off, with a good bit of advice? Somethin to keep my spirits up, or whatever?

right, it's always a little different being a transfer, I guess. you could always ask admissions, sometimes the person who helped you get signed up for classes will be capable of either giving you a brief tour or getting you in contact with someone who can.
it's gonna be a big change, yeah. you seem like you've got your head on straight though, and know that the best move is to try going along with it until you feel comfortable in it. I've got faith in you.
I can try, sure. ask away.

Thanks for consoling me. I really appreciate it. I feel a little better about things, but I'm sure it'll spike back up as it gets closer.
Plus student loans are about to cripple me emotionally.

But for now, I'll try to relax. Thanks for making the New Year feel a little less terrifying. It means the world to me.

What can i do to get over someone i loved, but ill never see again?
Shes been gone so long and i cant stand trying to keep my spirits up without her.

quite regularly.
I'm doing hard keeping some pointless small talk going, so casual conversations between me and other people in public places never work. other people notice that and avoid me, which makes me the social outcast at every party.
I always end up as that awkward guy nobody wants to talk to.

guess so

no worries at all. I'll keep you in my thoughts for 2018, cyb/sec user.
you gotta not bottle it up. let it hurt that you won't see them again. let it hurt, let those wounds get deep, and then let it go. forgive her for hurting you, and forgive yourself for keeping all of that on your shoulders.
that's when you can start to heal.
what do you usually small talk about? one of the biggest issues that I've noticed about small talk is people just waiting for their turn to talk again. people like talking about themselves. give them an opening to do so.

>guess so
Thanks, user. Even if you have to go early, thanks for trying.

Thats the problem. She didnt hurt me.
Shes dead. A fucking car accident. Its hard to forgive when they were so good, and you couldnt save them...
Any tips, my friend?

people I meet always talk about the usual *look at how great I am, listen to my exaggerated stories about stuff that most likely never happened* etc
I never find anyone to talk about 'meaningful' stuff, like hobbies, music, technical things, festivals, stuff like that.

it's... the same advice, in the end, even if it was a situation that she had no control over. you need to work on letting the hurt go, over time.
I'm not going to make up some bullshit here, my experience with personal loss like that is limited, and I'm not a professional. I know how badly you must be hurting, and I wish there was a simple fix for it. all that I can offer, is that it's going to start to hurt a little less one day.
why don't you just ask them about their hobbies?

Thanks OP. I dont know who you are. Or if we'll ever meet again. But it means a lot that you did this. And if you ever see some oldfag named Bakuranon roaming around here... Well. Just say hi to me. Its been a pleasure. And have a good new years.

you as well. keep your head up.

This one is for you guys canceling The Emoji Movie prequel trilogy.

*Shoots up the place*

they change topic or just leave me.
apparently I'm just uninteresting to talk to.
meh, at least I have a job I enjoy, nice co-workers and a good relation to my family.
just let me sit here and listen to people who have it worse in life than me.

that's kind of a dick move on their part.

people will always be jerks.

That, i can agree with.

Rolling.

they will be, but the best way I've found is trying to put some kindness back out into the world.

Hey there, me again. Just stopping by on my way back home. Anything interesting happen? I know it hasn't been too long, yet.

While I was out, I found a neat old piece of history. Just thought I'd share it wil my friends over here.
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/31236570/
Worth the read for anyone who has nothing else to do tonight :) It's almost midnight, or so it seems. I might be back later. I'm a bit of a wanderer.

Have a good one, Anons.

>be me
>suffering depression, abandonment, and inferiority after a lot of shit that went down toward the end of last year
>never fully recovered or coped well
>mask it with memes and shitposting on social media
>constant feelings of not being worth anyone's time no matter what
>guess I'll just get drunk tonight

what the hell is this, hakurei shrine lite? fuck off.

Drink with us, Friend. The bartender gives good advice, and im here for moral support, while i wait for the countdown.

I'll give it a read, thank you. happy new year, bud.
how old are you? do you have insurance? I would check to see if you could get some level of counseling under it, maybe. I went through some crap as well, spent time working with an LMSW. came out on the other end with a bit brighter view on life and a better understanding of how to cope with my anxiety about mistakes.
Reimu's away, please leave a message at the tone.

Val-Halla, actually. Its on steam. Pretty good Vis-Nov.

I'm 27 and yeah, I have good health insurance through my employer.

I plan on tackling it when I go on vacation next week. Still though...

I'm already two beers and two mixed drinks in, buddy

i'm well aware of the game.

hey, it's understandable to feel weird about it. I put it off for at least a year longer than I should've. at least you sound like you're going to be open to it helping you.
if you really want me to, I can give Reimu a call, at night, on a holiday, and tell her to get online and say hi to you.

Then welcome aboard, my friend. Relax with us in your time of need.

Good. Then join in and enjoy yourself.

It's been long overdue.

Drinking cheap beer and gin tonight.

Hey all, I just can't stay away, hah.
So is there a jukebox around here or something? What's on the playlist for tonight?

This is what I've been listening to:
youtube.com/watch?v=dZX6Q-Bj_xg
Super overplayed, popular stuff, but that's just the kind of music I tend to like. Guess I'm an average dude, but that's not so bad. Anyways, I'm out again. Gonna go grab some more grub. Grandma's Christmas cookies and some milk that was about to expire today are looking good. I should be back before the new year. If I'm not, well, "Have a good one, Anons." :)

Aye. Might i recommend some Diablo Swing Orchestra or some Steve Ouimette? Theyve got some good stuff.

Niiiice. Bit of Vodka on my end.

Never cared for vodka personally. More of a rum/whiskey/gin guy.

kid just focus on school work and improve there on the side expanding your brain will help ease the tension of having to jump out of the social world of high school to the fast-paced reality of being an adult popularity is always just bonus points keep them don't rely on em.

Understandable.
So. Whats the most recent thing thats gotcha down?

happy new year, Quetz.

Good shit.
Also, bumping.

hey man, what point of your life was your best?

Thanks for the recommendation!

Happy New Year, Anons!
Sorry I'm late. Busy wandering.
I know it'll be a good year for us all. Just might take awhile to realize it.
:)
Hang in there.

right now, if I'm honest. things are starting to come together better than I could have pictured before.
what about yours?
happy new year, hon

'appy new year jill~

>wanted to take a trip on my upcoming time off, ended up being too expensive
>suffering from depression and other things
>drunk alone, always gets me down
>broke all the time

money tends to really gut ambitions...

anonymoos

yes?

Happy new year, mate. And best of luck.

Aye. Damn... Rest in peace, hermano. Never back down, user.

just checking if thread still alive

if it falls off, it falls off. don't worry about it.

i wanna go on a trip OP
can you help me ???
a trip that takes all night
can you help me ?

get a better avatar ya fag. bakura deck was terrible.

where are we going?

be kind.

anywhere where the lighting matches the music im listening too, and where the wall talk to me.

can you help me OP

I... have no idea where you could find that. that sounds like it involves illicit substances.

Hey, sorry you feel like shit. That sucks.

If you see this, just know you’re not alone. At least one internet stranger cares about you. I gotta go to bed for work but hope you feel better.

Bump~

let it die next time