Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left...

>Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED? We've never seen this version of Gotham before.

God this dialogue sucks so much and rings of typical Goyer "Tell, don't show".

SHOW

DON'T

TELL

>WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED
Batman did.

half of batman's villains are former good guys

the whole script was a ridiculous mess. I can't believe there are morons out there that still defend it.

It's almost like the film is responding to over 40 years worth of established comic and movie canon and doesn't need to show something that's already been shown a thousand times before.

It literally means there are hardly any good guys left, and many went to evil.

I have to agree with the cringy DC fans now, you guys are simply too stupid to understand the movie.

Yeah he should have turned to the camera and explained that he was referring to Harvey Dent/Twoface or whoever and then introduced a 10 minute flashback sequence showing what happened.

The comics don't matter

>How many good guys are left?
Dick left Gotham, Jason was murdered by the Joker, Barbara was paralyzed, etc
>How many stayed that way?
Harvey Dent, Jason after he came back, etc

Hopefully the batsolo does a better job of explaining all of this because none of it was really addressed in BvS.

>WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED? We've never seen this version of Gotham before.

You people are awful. It's hinting at a much larger world, of which we're only seeing a slice. That's cool! We will learn more. The DCEU feels vast, things are happening. He probably has a rogue's gallery, crazy adventures behind him and more to come. Why do you need to know exactly who and what he means, that's sort of being autistic and or spoonfed. Accept the mystery for now.

And the show don't tell thing you guys here in film class really fucks your shit up

You kidding me, right?
>Harvey Dent/Two Face
>Robin/Joker
>God knows how many more cops have been killed
>They wanted to use Bale again for Batman role indicating obvious continuity
You haters really have to play dumb when trying to criticize this film.

None of that was in the movie.

Thats why he's reminding Alfred of it.

And the audience?

We never saw any of those things.

How did you do with Fury Road?

I've never seen it.

You might wanna stay away. It speaks of a much larger world, tells us of places we never see. Triggering.

Knowing specifically who he is talking about is not needed, the same message is delivered.

was jason todd todds jason?

SAME thing w memes of the Galaxy with Nova police-what is the Nova government, how does it work, why do they look like humans, how do these scripts get approved

>literally the same thread as yesterday
Why?