Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?

Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?

FUCK OFF

y-you too...

FUCK BANEPOSTING. Literally nobody except autists misunderstood it. I am not saying it was master writing, but it's reasonably clever wordplay that went over the heads of some dim bulbs. In their shame at being unable to catch a pun-tier little joke, they have to overcompensate by attacking what they didn't understand. To reiterate, it's not that the bar was so high you need to be smart to understand it. The bar is average and these drips still couldn't reach it.
It's not a bad scene, or bad dialogue. It served its purpose in setting up Bane as a weird, Batman-villain freak who was not to be fucked with and plans things to the letter.
I am not sure how a single person could possibly misunderstand any of it barring actual inability to grasp social interaction or context via autism or such similar. Yeah the action is fast and somewhat complicated but not accidentally (it's supposed to take you off-guard and make you wonder wtf Bane is doing but not tough to get what's happening).
Bane gets on plane using Pavel as bait so he can find out what the CIA knows that might threaten his plans. He brings 3 guys with him, a simple shell game ensues. The CIA guy calls in that he has Pavel, he and his men, and one prisoner. Therefore Bane has to leave one of his men in the wreckage to match the report already called in.

it's a big scene for me

That's a big post...

...for you.

pure, undiluted comedy kino

Finally a well thought out, in-depth summary of the CIA scene. You have answered many of my questions, and covered many pot-holes. However, one more question remains.

Who the hell is ITIN???

I'm still wondering who Smee is.
I know Maimen is the black dude.
I think Smee is the duckface guy, but not 100% sure.

What did he meme by this?

A masterpiece of storytelling, emotionally shattering.

baka Smee is not a real name... it's a play on words, a pun by the nolan. smee = it's me. Who's "me"? you! For you!

>I know Maimen is the black dude.

wrong. Maimen is the "uh, sir?" guy. i don't think the black guy has a canon name

I'm sorry but it's not just that part that is funny, it's all of it.

I literally start laughing from the second they cut to car interior and keep laughing until the end of the scene, there is something funny in every single little exchange in there.

Tonight Sup Forums has a lot of blacked threads and scooby doo poo threads

for you

Smee is the kinda scruffy white dude with a slight duckface expression
He's to the right of CIA in the OP pic

Yeah duckface guy to the right of CIA.
That's who I thought Smee was.
But now some other user told me Maimen yes the Sir guy and not the black guy.
Now I'm still confused.

what's to be confused about? Smee is duckface, Maimen is "uh sir?". black guy can be one of the Juans for all I care

>it's a Maier Kraft episode

Have you ever noticed that during this shot, the view is angled such that the ground and the sky are perfectly even in the frame? What did Nolan mean by this? Let me tell you.

They're not balancing for CIA alone. Nolan is using natural symbolism to show the moral dichotomy between CIA and Bane. CIA's lofty aspirations towards achieving law, order and justice (the sky) are being challenged by the dirty reality of Bane's life in the shadows (the ground). At the beginning of the movie, of this divine confrontation, the forces are in balance but that quickly changes. Bane crashing CIA's plane, a physical metaphor for his principles, from Heaven to the Earth shows Bane's initial victory for darkness. Bruce Wayne therefore becomes the inheritor of CIA's spirit as he finds himself stuck in the Pit, a location deep within the Earth, where the light had been sent to die. But Batman overcomes that, rises from the Earth, and defeats Bane, and is last seen in his own plane, the same physical metaphor that CIA had. Whereas CIA was crashed to the Earth, Batman flew off into Heaven therefore showing that morality and justice still have a place in the world. CIA probably smiled down on him

>tfw too intelligent to banepost

Jesus Christ man, are you retarded?
This isn't about some superficial plot. The purpose of the first 5 minutes is a character study.
CIA knows that Bane has buried his true personality, and he's trying to get Bane to understand that he's not wearing just a physical mask, but an emotional one as well.
This is paralleled later in the movie when Hothead tells Batman that he deduced his identity by observing his emotional mask, therefore making the logical assumption that Batman wore a physical mask.
Bane and CIA both end up dead, due to his refusal to part with either mask. Batman and Hothead both live. They succeeded in breaking the power of the mask, and are free.
Both sets of these male figures also display a somewhat homoerotic struggle.
CIA and Bane's struggle is much more blatant. CIA, almost sardonically, calls Bane "a big guy". He's reveling in his assumed superiority and complete power over Bane. But little does he know that Bane's larger plane (a phallic object, therefore symbolizing masculinity) overshadows his. Bane retains his ubermensch guise, and emasculates the "small" CIA. CIA's body and plane are both reduced to little more than rubble, along with his ego, no doubt.
However, Hothead and Batman's struggle is slightly different and more disconnected. Hothead is shown as clumsy and weak; his gun that he attempts to fight Bane's men with is representative of his lack of masculinity. He's saved, though, by the ultimate male: Batman. Batman's overwhelming firepower (rockets, grenades, and more) and resilience (tank-like strength) symbolizes the ideal that men strive towards. He also displays emotional freedom, unlike Bane. In the end, he's able to take off the mask, which Hothead inherits (completing Hothead's growth over the film). Batman shows that an emotional mask isn't necessary to be the perfect male. Hothead shows that self-improvement and a strong father figure can shape the next generation of emotionally liberated, yet masculine males.

>Getting this level of discussion on a Bane thread
It won't be long until we reach LotR thread tier.

>lotr tier

One of these universes has genius creator with deep lore and backstories and the other has gay wizards and fairies.

H O T H E A D

The ride never ends

I, I just though the memes were funny.

Here user I think you're running a F E V E R

>He brings 3 guys with him
But who was the 3rd guy?

my own once out of control emotional reactionary existence. I was in a mental hospital; I had a nervous breakdown; depression was suffocating me.
I was in a coma; how long? I'm asked repeatedly. I presume, so I illuminate the length, is less important than how deep? The Glasgow Coma Scale, I was admitted in was a 5; the next day it dropped to a four on the GCS.
I was going deeper into an already deep coma. As you know but readers may not be familiar with the GCS. Brain waves, brain activity is measured starting at 16, decelerating to 3, a 16 is the lightest coma someone can be in; a 3 is the deepest and lower than a 3 is considered brain dead. from a 5 to a four in 24 hours was not a good prognosis my doctors were looking forward to telling my mom. My post coma life is really the beginning, middle living, yet to be written promises realized.
My hyper sexuality energized by those deep bruises on my mind constantly put my life in danger. Between my brain deficits, lack of inhibition, my disinhibition, impulsivity, I had no fight or flight instinct we as human beings all have; it's a need to survive, to stay alive another day. I only had one response when confronted physically by someone. Kill or be killed. Flight never entered my nostrils.
My sexual life would make a whore blush. I used to be an actor making movies and doing TV; it's a living; but it was never my passion. I have found my passion, or actually my passion found me through a life threatening car accident that almost killed me.
I, a trapped animal in Hollywood where wild know's no bounds. I was dying a daily humdrum attrition of my specialness; like Chinese water torture, the carbon copies of personalities, the deluge of self promotion rallies, freed me from a life of mediocrity through a brain injury... who would have thunk it.
Do you know where I could get more information about the brain and the limbic region and also the thalamus glands. Thanks for your time. sincerely Alan

It was an unnecessary convoluted dumb sequence which set the tone for this dumb movie which will be only known for sparking a mass shooting massacre by someone the authorities knew was mentally unhinged and yet did nothing about it.

The Gordon Levitt character should have been made into DCU's version of Azrael.

From the other thread:

>Is Baneposting the Sup Forums version of Rocky Horror? Like twenty years from now we'll have people from Sup Forums doing screenings of the plane scene and shit?

Someone get this hothead outta here!

Honestly, was Bane even all that big?

my own once out of control head reactionary existence. I was in an agency; I had a loss of charge; hotheadedness was crashing me.
I was in a crash; how long? I'm asked repeatedly. I presume, so I illuminate the length, is less important than how big? Bane? The Meiman Smee Scale, I was admitted in was a 5; the next day it dropped to a four (you) on the CIA.
I was going deeper into an already deep crash. As you know but pilots may not be familiar with the CIA. Plane waves, plane activity is measured starting at 21, decelerating to 4, a 21 is the lightest crash someone can be in; a 4 is the deepest and lower than a 4 is considered plane dead. from a 5 to a four in 24 hours was not so good prognosis my Dr. Pavel was looking forward to telling my hired guns. My post crash life is really the beginning, middle living, yet to be written promises realized.
My hyper sexuality energized by those deep bruises on my plane constantly put my life in danger. Between my plane deficits, lack of stature, my disobedience, hotheadedness, I had no fight or flight instinct we as hired guns all have; it's a need to survive, to stay big another day. I only had one response when confronted physically by someone. Shoot or be shot. Flight never entered my wings.
My sexual life would make a big guy blush. I used to be an agent making flight plans and doing extreme rendition; it's a living; but it was never my passion. I have found my passion, or actually my passion found me through a life threatening plane crash that almost killed me.
I, a trapped small guy in Uzbekistan where wild know's no bounds. I was dying a daily humdrum attrition of my bigness; like Masketta water torture, the carbon copies of loyalty, the deluge of self promotion plans, freed me from a life of no charge through a plane injury... who would have thunk it.
Do you know where I could get more information about the Bane and the Angren region and also the thalamus glands. Thanks for your time. sincerely Bill