Can anyone tell me if this show is Reddit or not, so I don't even bother watch it?

can anyone tell me if this show is Reddit or not, so I don't even bother watch it?

I see, it already has a general on this board, that can't be a good sign.

what y'all think?

Kill yourself.

You already convinced yourself that it's shit even though you didn't watch it, and I very much doubt anyone's opinion on the show is going to change your pre-conceived notions.

t. someone that never watched the show and is just tired of the "make me like this" mentality on this fucking board.

this desu senpai

not at all, I'll watch it if the majority tells me it's not Reddit tier

You're reddit tier.

it has existential themes and presents them well. anthony hopkins adds a gravitas that is unique. androids going mad, a social commentary on decadence. it is great entertainment.

how so?

right now the subreddit has about 50k subscribers
walking dead has around 250k subscribers
game of throne has 800k subscribers

So.. I would say that it's approaching redditness

As soon as it hits 100k I'd say drop the show because it would approach reddit levels of too high proportions

holy shit, shut the fuck up

Hopkins is kinda reddit, don't ya think?

goddamn 80k already? this show is doomed lmao

I don't understand what this means, is a show Reddit? Reddit is a website. Are you implying that if something becomes popular or is popular you won't watch it? Are you some kind of a hipster or cuck?

you're indecisive and follow the herd.

this has been explained a numerous of times, does anyone have the pasta?

no. do you have an original thought in your mind? are you fueled by negativity? fucking millennials.

I watched like 3 eps its shit I don't even know whats going on. Its a reddit meme show about the future vr or some gay shit.

After watching the first 3 episodes I can say with confidence that it lands at least a 7 on the reddit scale. I wouldn't really bother with it.

you go to a restaurant with a few buddies, 3 of them tell you the food is shit, are you gonna touch your plate?

It's not incredibly popular right now, but it will be.

This won't affect its writing in the slightest, but you'll hate it more as it grows in popularity.

>This won't affect its writing in the slightest
what is fan service

I watched the first episode, it's run of the mill wannabe Hollywood shit, typical HBO forced edginess, every time they say fuck, it made me cringe and the random lesbian kiss made me roll my eyes.

Anthony Hopkins is good in it, but he's generally good in anything. Nothing else made me want to continue. It just seems obvious where its going and I don't care. Is all modern TV really this bad?

strangers on the internet are your buddies?

is this the new thread?

>Is all modern TV really this bad?
I like Vikings, that's pretty much the only thing I like airing right now

Effective, if done properly.

>Is all modern TV really this bad?

Yes everything sucks. Tfw to intelligent for modern tv.

fan service gives you finales like Breaking Bad. You think David Chase ever browsed the internet for fan ideas?

I think shows tend to decrease in quality over time and increase in popularity over time completely independently. If people start to drop the show as it becomes more popular, it might not be as simple as them being contrarians.

That's what happened with Game of Thrones anyway.

Everything is forced faux-Hollywood shit, it's all so samey and sterile

>asking Sup Forums to make up your mind for you
The weak will perish in the new order

You're thinking in extremes. Fanservice in small doses is effective.

The problem with Game of Thrones is the showrunners realized that they picked up a vastly unfinished series--and one with enough plotlines to fill several individual series--to adapt. They panicked and started cutting shit up to narrow it down to something simple enough for them to handle. At this point they've run out of source material and are making shit up as they go, occasionally asking George if what they're doing is ok.

i'm not baiting or anything but can you give me an example?

Generals are just a fact of life on redd- I mean Sup Forums now. The show is pretty good, reminds me a bit of lost and fringe. Honestly OP you should watch it just so you can shit up threads with pointless questions about how it is a ripoff of honey I shrunk the kids, why don't they all know it's a simulation, etc.

>reminds me a bit of lost
you mean up until the 4th season, right?

this board is fucking pathetic.

it's great desu, definitely leddit tier though

>can anyone tell me if this show is Reddit or not

Welp, I'm officially done with Sup Forums

It was fun, later guys.

see you tomorrow