Why do people rag on IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD when the DS9 theme from season 4 onwards is the worst abortion ever composed?

Why do people rag on IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD when the DS9 theme from season 4 onwards is the worst abortion ever composed?

Also /trek/ thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pXGMnZgPYFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enterprise is a good show, but the intersection between sci-fi fans and comic-book fans means that there are a lot of Star Trek fans with a natural disdain for anything that might create a retroactive change in continuity. Prequels are anathema.

I'm not a continuity autist, but prequels are by and large uninteresting garbage. Especially for a show that's about exploration and progression, going backwards is silly.

Knowing the ending can such the air out of a plot. Given the ship had no prior lore, all they really needed to do was avoid the plots that put the whole Federation at risk. We know nothing bad happens to Earth or the Federation, but the crew of the ship is fair game for suspense.

>when somebody broke the pylons again

Even then what can a prequel offer besides stories that tell the audience "das how dis happened". Even if you focused entirely on the survival of the crews, why not set it in future where you have more to play around with?

Voyager kinda highlighted a problem with how far they are in the future, because they solved so many problems by assembling new gadgetry from existing technologies. Granted the original series did this too, but most of everyone by then was accustom to how Next Gen was so grounded.

Voyager had plenty of bigger problems

>trek posting becoming more and more common
You make me proud

and it's just as I'm going through DS9 for the fist time what the fuck

There's literally nothing wrong with it, you're just autistic. People rag on Faith Of The Heart because it's a shitty Rod Stewart soft rock song.

Spoiler Alert: In the next episode you watch, O'Brien is going to suffer.

Because Enterprise music is not trek at all, it sounds like a lame faggy rod stewart song. Orchestral music is never bad, it's the most tasteful choice for scifi.

I kind of wish ds9 had followed tngs example and used the theme from Wrath of Khan/Search for Spock

>they usually play darts in ds9
>they usually play all kind of card games in tng
>everybody forgot EVERYTHING about baseball

because baseball is boring as shit, darts and cards are infinitely more fun

Darts and cards (and chess) are a part of Starfleet culture because that's how crews would entertain themselves on long voyages before the invention of the holodeck.

Did they ever mention how this popular 20th century sport completely dropped in popularity to the point of almost being forgotten.
Did they ever mention some kind of "evolution" of baseball of some sort, they have that turbo-tennis or whatever Bashir and O'Brien played when they met.

Then they have shit like pic related.
What the fuck.

>popular 20th century sport

Popular in the US, Japan and Cuba

I liked the baseball episode. everyone was working together to learn this ancient hobby and took it so seriously.

Then they get wrecked by Vulcans.

>Then they have shit like pic related.
>What the fuck.
TNG seasons 1 and 2 aren't canon.

DS9 covered this. Baseball died out in their timeline and only autists like Sisco like it.

Also, the baseball episode is the best episode of DS9.

I think DS9 is the best Trek series , but there's a huge plothole that they really need to address in it

How could there be war crimes when there wasn't a war?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Honestly i could just never get over the nigger lead, i even liked Janeway better.

Every fucking thread

I got rock hard at this episode

All the opening themes are annoying. TOS has the best opening only because it's the shortest.

Thanks for prompting me to listen to this wonderful theme.

>What the fuck

>he never saw 'merican gladiators

Elim Garak is not a nigger.
Gul Dukat is not a nigger.
Legate Damar is not a nigger.
Delete every episode without cardassians in it and you have the perfect star trek.

One Drop Rule, the only exception is Lando.

But I love what Michael Giachinno did with it for the credit sequences of the new movies. I just wish blended in some new themes in the credit sequences for Into Darkness and Beyond.

youtube.com/watch?v=pXGMnZgPYFQ

Fuck off with your gay star wars nigger.

He's not gay, don't accuse people when you have no right to you faggot.

Sorry, I meant Londo.

The post-Worf DS9 theme is probably my favorite overall, other than the obviously GOAT TOS theme.

The movie themes aren't too bad, but having to listen to that every time you want to watch a damn episode is too much. Most people skip the opening sequences now, right?

I long for a version of the TV episodes with the opening and ending credit sequences edited out. Can I torrent it somewhere?

Long road grew on me.

same here desu. Started DS9 back in late August and I don't remember there being nearly as many trek threads before then.

What the fuck was his problem?

Who knows why they decided to fuck up the DS9 theme with the weird tempo in those later seasons.

It makes it easier to sing along.

>Riker jams out to his fave Taylor Swift song

He's Irish. The Irish love to suffer. It gives them something to complain about and the only thing they love more than suffering is complaining.

daily reminder fistful of datas is best episode

>what can a prequel offer

Well everybody was just waiting to see Yoda pull out that little green lightsaber and go to town

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR OUTTA HERE

VAMOOSE YOU LITTLE VARMINT

quantum trek theme is the best theme that shit is all types of awesome

DS9 is the better show, but the Voyager opening theme is superior.

Best opening is mirror universe episodes of Enterprise

Currently watching TOS "The Deadly Years"
Shit is depressing yo