Fox's Rocky Horror Picture Show ratings: Only 4.9 million viewers, compared to 12.2 viewers for Grease Live

Fox's Rocky Horror Picture Show ratings: Only 4.9 million viewers, compared to 12.2 viewers for Grease Live.

I hope Fox stops to consider why it did so poorly and doesn't use this an excuse not to do musicals anymore. Grease Live was a million times better than any of NBC's live musicals.

lol all you vjuice fags btfo again. cant compete with based pudgins

>I hope Fox stops to consider why it did so poorly
And that reason is?

how fappable was this?

Nobody likes trannies.

They got their trans confused

pls post lewdest vj screenshot

This shit is piss in the wind compared to the performance by Tim Curry. Thousands upon thousands of people go see the original movie and I guarantee not a single fucking one of them was asking for a remake.

Whomever is greenlighting shit like this at Fox needs to be dragged into the street and shot.

Man that tit-job looks terrible. Like two scoops of mashed potatoes.

Well it's a movie that's pretty much defined by it's rabid fanbase, and rabid fanbases generally don't take kindly to things they love being fucked with.

Plus it's a made for TV movie airing on a Wednesday night.

I have to wonder if Fox just airing the original movie would have gotten them better ratings.

1) The Rocky Horror Picture show is the longest running motion picture still-in-its-original-release, in the history of film. Although Curry's Frank N. Furter is not really "transexual" as such, the character throws together all of the hated, weird traits of queers (bisexuality, transvestism, a weird accent, general faggotry), and yet the audience goes for it. Why? Not only all that, but the audience went for it /fully 40 years ago/, exactly because it was SO weird, SO new, SO over-the-top. The point being that when displayed in a fun light and made out as a rite of passage, degeneracy becomes fun. "This thing is so god-damn weird, what the fuck, we have to go see this.

All of this in a movie where Frank fucks both vanilla boyfriend and girlfriend, subsumes them into his own twisted world, keeps his own personal home-grown catamite, and brags of calling "a satanic mechanic". Frank is a lite version of a Sadean hero who succeeds to impose his degeneracy on everyone and everything. And there is clearly an appeal to this transgression.

2) Try surfing /gif/ sometime. Trans/tranny threads are a very, very regular occurrence. The point between 1) and 2) being that although society may hate trannies, they still make men's dicks hard and provide titillation, so that the society cannot honestly reject them totally, much as they might like to. The tranny is the little extra spice that makes existence extra nice.

Pillowy Mounds, of! Mashed! Potatoes!

show us your dick user

good, they fucked it up right from the start. who thought muh theater culture would translate well?

>rabid
That's a vast overstatement and you know it.

Spoken like someone who has never attended a theatrical screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

ORAL SEX AND ANAL SEX AND WHIPS, AND CHAINS! ORAL SEX AND ANAL SEX AND WHIPS, AND CHAINS! ORAL SEX AND ANAL SEX AND WHIPS, AND CHAINS! ORAL SEX AND ANAL SEX AND WHIPS, AND CHAINS! ORAL SEX AND ANAL SEX AND WHIPS, AND CHAINS!

Getting swept up in pageantry is not rabid. Maybe you're too autistic to see the difference?

Only interested in the VJuice lewdness.

Why the fuck would they cast Laverne Cox in the most important role? What the fucking shit is that garbage?

check your privilege scum!

I wanted to watch it, but didn't because it was during both the NLCS game 5 and during Thursday Night Football between the Bears and Packers.

I'd say it's because of an awful timeslot.

It seems like an attempt at being progressive that ended up being anything but. They cast an actual post-op Trans woman (even though Frank, within the context of the film, is just a male) to score PC points, but they are essentially saying, "Yeah, she may call herself a """""woman"""""", but we all know she's just a dude with fake tits, amirite?"

Ikr? Laverne Cox can't sing and is a big black ugly drag queen tranny. They had to hire him because it was the most politically correct choice since the lgbt community was appropriating the show as their own.

The RHPS was the first "The Room". It sucked SO fucking much, that people started MOCKING it...en masse. The MOCKING of that piece of shit became the main draw of the audience, not the film, or the faggotry that it represents.

As for trannies, the only people that like them are faggots, and faggots that don't think they're faggots. Period.

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit.

It's faggot shit, and contrary to what the faggots in the media want people to believe, normal people are NOT interested in faggot shit, and most would rather avoid it...

Not him, RHPS is not the Room. It's well made by competent people. Yeah it's weird, but that doesn't mean it's bad

made for tv for profit half assed tv special tried to overcome a cult classic....
>Aw geez I wonder why it failed?????

>since the lgbt community was appropriating the show as their own

so....since it was released in 1975?

It has always been the property of normal suburban kids out for a wild night. Don't kid yourself Nancy.

>Not him, RHPS is not the Room.

It absolutely is the room, but instead of mocking it on the internet and passing it around on DVD, the mocking took place inside the theaters the piece of shit was shown in, and like the room, the mocking became more important than the film itself.

The only reason people "celebrate" that film is because of the opportunity it gave them to mock and troll it...

Why is Dr. Scott a nigger? Why is Frankenfurter a nigger for that matter? Maximum progressiveness?

Say what you will about Tim Curry the man could sing like an angel . He didn't get the part because he was mentally disturbed.

A few things.

It wasn't live. The big draw for these musical events is that they are actual live events. This didn't have the "danger" of live TV that the other more successful events did.

It couldn't decide what it wanted to be: a remake homage to the original, or something new. So creatively it fell flat for the most part. For example, they had little hints here and there where instead of it being a regular set, it was like it took place in a giant abandoned movie theater (the marquee on the front of the castle, the big movie reels, etc) but they didn't follow through with this throughout the entire movie so it was just sort of... odd.

The fact that it aired at 8 pm EST on primetime meant that they stripped out a lot of the sexuality and raunchiness of the original. Part of the fun of the original film is the ridiculous sexuality. And when they did keep it in, like the pool scene, they stopped before doing anything new like the almost Brad and Rocky kiss.

The odd decision to randomly incorporate some of the audience callouts that occur during screenings of the original movie. So new viewers who don't know about the callouts will have no idea what the heck they're doing--but fans of the movie will be annoyed that they stripped them down. This is another thing where if you're going to do it, go full hog--or don't bother. They only did a handful of these callouts and they didn't do most of the most popular ones namely because they aren't appropriate for primetime.

Also, the biggest draws for these musical events in the past few years are families. 99% of families aren't going to sit down and let their children watch any incarnation of Rocky Horror Picture Show, Fox or not. The demographic for this was fans of the original movie, since it's a hard sell otherwise, and unfortunately that's just not a big draw, even allowing for fans who decided not to watch because it's a remake.

I own it and I watch it occasionally and I enjoy it at face value.

I don't laugh at it because it's bad, I laugh at it because it's genuinely funny.

You're an idiot. It's a good movie. It's not for everyone, but it's certainly not "So bad it's good", it's just good.

Sure it is Tommy Wiseau.

Sure it is...

>WHY DIDN'T THIS NOTORIOUSLY CULT MUSICAL DO AS WELL AS ONE OF THE MOST MAINSTREAM POPULAR MUSICALS OF ALL TIME

Gee I dunno

tim curry isn't a real tranny, he a brilliant actor who played a parody of a tranny

cox is an actual tranny and a low rent excuse for an actor who got his job from affirmative action

>faggot faggots faggot...faggot

Whew lad, shut the hell up. Either watch it or don't.

My parents were shitty and I watched inappropriate adult movies and shows my whole childhood but I there was a point I constantly watched this.

I don't remember it being raunchy at all but I haven't watched it in 15 years.

I attempted to watch this today. Tim Curry could of played a better Frank in the state he is in right now compared to Cox. It also was not sexual enough. Why were they not in fish nets during the floor show?

Because Cox and Fox both got a pussy at the same time.

>no hd torrent

>comparing rocky horror picture shit to Grease

why the fuck would anybody crunching numbers do this?

The novelty wore off after Glee did it

How fucking stupid do you have to be to compare RHPS to The Room?

>Fox's Rocky Horror Picture Show ratings: Only 4.9 million viewers, compared to 12.2 viewers for Grease Live.

Amazed it got 4.9 million viewers, it looked awful from the trailers.

Then again how could that trash live Grease show get 12.2 million viewers ?

A 30 year old Olivia Newton John looked 10 times hotter than however played the part here, and the guy who did Danny Zuko had a grimace like he was being fucked in the ass throughout the whole show.

mmm julianne hough sexy hips and ass

What annoyed me that he tries so hard to emulate Tim curries performance and fails miserably, for example, I really liked the 40'th anniversary Doc.

Also what the fuck did they do to Eddie. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, they made me be happy for when the doc kills him.

Also, everyone's hair style is retarded, but not in a weird way, more of an emo edgelord way.

This was so terrible my wife's son made me turn it off.

>getting an actual tranny to play Frank N Furter
I feel like this defeats the purpose

>2014 – Woman of the Year by Glamour magazine
>2015 – Included in the People World's Most Beautiful Women List
>2015 – Named in the 2015 Time 100 Most Influential People List

This is why I still come to Sup Forums

Thanks for posting reasonably

Faggot

>Glee's version was better than this crap
Wew.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5aa9804d6e841e44dca0bd654e4aad79d63af7aa&dn

>being that although society may hate trannies, they still make men's dicks hard and provide titillation